[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

navy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
If I was misdiagnosed with a mental illness can I join the navy?
>>
Long answer: ask a recruiter, they can guide you best.

Short answer: almost definitely no.
>>
>>17688259
That's going to be my next step
I was wondering if I can prove that I don't have a mental illness by getting clearance from a psychiatrist the would accept me
>>
>>17688285

As far as I know, your medical history is your business and no one else's.

The military will test you at MEPS. Pass that and you're good.

You might get diagnosed later on and get med-sep'd, though. Depends on what your issue is and how well you control it.

If you need meds, it's not going to work. You'll need to get a waiver, and that's just not likely.
>>
>>17688305
OK so I just spoke to a recruiter and he said I will need a clearance from a Dr and a waiver and that they are fairly common but handled on a case by case basis so I'm gonna see if I can join
>>
>>17688325

Good luck to you.
>>
>>17688249
if you had this condition you wouldnt be capable of browse and create threads on this site.
>>
>>17688457
idk man this site is full of people with mental illness
>>
Is the Navy an alright thing to do if you have no idea what you want to do in life and want to travel?
>>
>>17688305
>your medical history is your business and no one else's.
I was also under this impression. As far as I know, you don't need to disclose anything, unless there's a danger of you getting hurt, or its something that will need to be dealt with at basic. HIPAA is a thing. Before I went to MEPS, my recruiter told me to lie about anything that wasn't obvious. "They can't find out. If someone comes into the waiting room and says, 'We found out which one of you lied, fess up and we'll go easy on you' don't say anything because they're just psyching you out. They're seeing who'll fall for it. Don't. Remember that they can't find any of that stuff out."

It may be better for you to get a waiver, but it really shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png (21KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
21KB, 2000x1000px
>>17688249

Here in Britain, the Navy publishes a list of medical conditions (including mental illnesses) that disqualify you

For depression/anxiety, you have to have been clear for the last 2 or 3 years (I think it's 3), with no more than two serious spells (or something like that, can't exactly remember)

So basically, see if the US Navy has a similar document (I'm sure they do, check their site)
>>
>>17688249
See a new, expensive psychiatrist. Tell him your situation. The expensive ones tend to just chuckle and give you what you want, including a re-diagnosis.
>>
>>17688738
They can find it out anytime they want, actually. They just don't bother.
>>
>>17688457
That's not true at all though anon. Even serious mental illness wouldn't stop you posting, as long as you're not so bad you need to essentially live in a hospital.
>>
>>17688738
Idk the job I want requires a top secret clearance I'm pretty sure they will find out
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.