[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF moving in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: couple%20picture[1].jpg (36KB, 450x336px) Image search: [Google]
couple%20picture[1].jpg
36KB, 450x336px
Greetings, /adv/

I am preparing to buy a condo, and there's a pretty good chance my GF will be moving in with me in the not-too-distant future.

How do couples usually handle finances (ie rent/mortgage/HOA dues/utilities/etc) when they live together in a house that one of them owns? Like, do I pay everything and charge her rent and part of the utilities, or is she likely expecting to live with me for free, or does she chip in some smaller part of the mortgage, or what?

This is new territory for me
>>
Be open about it and split the tab. Why should you pay for her?
>>
>>17687765
I own the house I live in with my boyfriend.
He pays half of the utilities and expenses, and pays for most of the groceries (like 3/4).
I pay for everything related to house improvement, taxes and maintenance since the house would stay mine if we broke up.
>>
>>17687765
Most men pay for rent and the girl pays for utilities.

This is if you care for her. If you're a below-average White male who is financially unstable, you split everything (even meals) with an SJW.
>>
My best friend and his gf split everything. He pays it but she cuts him a check for her half so he has the money to cover everything
>>
To clarify: we will not be buying the condo together; I'll be buying the condo. That's why I wasn't sure about having her pay part of the mortgage: if we were to split up, I'd be keeping the condo.
>>
>>17688162
If it were me in the situation I wouldn't charge her rent that is 1/2 the mortgage. maybe 1/3 at the most. All the bills would be paid by me and split groceries.
>>
remember, she's helping you in a way if she pays rent. So help her out and have her pay less than what she already pays if she has her own apartment.
>>
That's sort of what I was figuring; I don't think it would be reasonable to ask her to pay half the mortgage, since I'll be owning the condo (and keeping it if we part ways).

So it sounds like the general consensus is that we'd split food/utilities/HOA dues/etc, and I'd pay most but not quite all of the mortgage; that sound about right?
>>
>>17688289
Only downside though is if things get fucked up pretty quick if she pays half the mortgage even with it being in ops name, she'd still get the place.
>>
>>17687970
Where the fuck did you get that assumption?
>>
I pay our rent while my husband pays the utilities, but everyone's financial situation is different. Pay amounts, times, etc.

Just come up with an arrangement that works for you guys.
>>
>>17687765

it varies from couple to couple. its based on what they want out of life adn each other.

in some cases the man pays for everything. in other cases the female pays for some. in others the man pays rent but the woman will pay for food and such.

i highly recommend having the conversation before she moves in, cuz it can really tell you how the future will go.

its your condo... but if she moves in are you making a more or less marriage agreement? is it her condo too? and if not, will it be when she marries you? its hard to ask someone to invest in a property that isnt theirs indefinitely cuz you can break up with them ay any moment and they'd have no property... years of paying your mortgage doing nothing to help them.

its a conversation to have with her. not us. feel out what you are both comfortable with. and if you can't reach an agreement... probably best you dont move in.
>>
>>17688351

Well, yes, I'll definitely be having this conversation with her, but I'm trying to get a baseline idea of how this is usually done
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.