[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Congenital Hypothyroidism.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

My son who is currently 10 days old was just diagnosed with congenital Hypothyroidism and it's scaring the fuck out of me.
Will my son live a normal life? The doctors are saying that as long as he is treated there would not be any issues. I'm just worried.
I want him to be happier than I was growing up.

> pic unrelated
>>
Not sure how I can help, here's a bump
>>
>>17687082
Thanks , man. I just need some ease.
My kid seems normal.. but once again he's 10 days old so what is normal?
>>
That sounds like something they can give hormones for.

I'm not quite sure I have marfans syndrome and I live a pretty normal life, albeit an expensive and stupid one.
>>
The majority of people here are basement dweller virgins, not doctors. Don't be stupid and think you're going to hear anything useful here.
>>
>>17687143
Just looking for some kind of comfort aND assurance that my kid is going to be ok.

>>17687141
They did proscribe a synthetic hormone that he will be taking for the rest of his life. I read up on it and the sites stated that if it is detected early and treated as soon as possible, the child will be a normal kid.
It still worries me. He's my first kid. I love the little guy as much as I possibly could after 10 days.
>>
well anon if its unavoidable than just make sure he understands that everyone has a thing that makes him different from the rest and thats just his own thing that makes him different.
>>
>>17687164
I would imagine feeling this way will start to subside over time as you get more answers from doctors and see the results.

Just do your best. He's your flesh and blood, give him the life you would want.
>>
>>17687170
That's what I am thinking right now. He should be normal nonetheless since we caught it early. I think when he does eventually get old enough to ask why he has to take a pill for the rest of his life, I will just say that he just has a minor obstacle that he has in life like kids with add , add and asthma.
>>
>>17687184
A.D.D AND A.D.H.D**
>>
>>17687184
apart from having to take the pill everyday and the causion that comes with the ilness, you shouldnt treat him any different than any child, thats just going to make him think that something is wrong with him. and if he asks just tell him that everyone has their own personal battle that they have to fight eachday and that taking a pill eachday is his.
>>
>>17687190
Thanks, fellow anon.
This board really came through for me tonight when i needed to keep my composure for my wife and child so I am truly grateful.
>>
Hypothyroidism is really easy to treat. He'll just have to take levothyroxine once a day. It's cheap and fairly safe and simple. As far as congenital abnormalities go, it's one of the better ones to have.
>>
>>17687211
thank you so much anon
>>
>>17687218
No problem. His dose will probably need to be adjusted as he ages but it's very easy to do and will only require bloodwork once a month until it's stabilized. No long term affects, I see seniors who've been on the medication for 40 years.
>>
>>17687225
Good to know.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.