[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I feel about him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: sweet-090416-01.jpg (66KB, 242x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweet-090416-01.jpg
66KB, 242x300px
My ex boyfriend (whom I broke up with) just sent me this after I was talking to him earlier. I was being nice to him, but the way we broke up wasn't very good, but I feel kind of bad.

Look. I was a little upset earlier today when you were trying to talk to me. But honestly, there is no way that you and I are going to be friends after what happened. I'm sorry, but what you did is never going to reverse and a bridge is burnt. I honestly don't know how you switched it off in your brain, but your ability to look at me as just a friend and that nothing happened just is salt on a wound. You're never going to be my friend again after that. I shared 2 years of my life with you, but that means nothing in spite of what happened, because it means nothing to you. I hope you figure out yourself, but I don't want to be around as a friend while you do. I love you, Anon, even after everything, but you're not the same person you used to be, and it's time for me to go. Maybe it'll be different later on, but I don't want to see, speak, or think about you anymore.
>>
I'm guessing you cheated on him?
>>
>>17686895
He is hurt and needs space. He even recognizes that. He is upset with and disappointed by you, but not vilifying you. That's very mature, and you should respect him and his needs. Let him know that you understand and didn't intend to hurt him, but will give him all the space and time he needs-- even if that is indefinite.
However, let him know that he can always come to you as a friend if he needs for help, and that while your feelings are no longer romantic, you do care about his wellbeing.

How's that?
>>
>>17686895
>but I feel kind of bad.
You should.
>>
Did you have a text conversation with him where he asked you if you were enjoying being single and you replied something about enjoying getting to go to bed early?
>>
I applaud your ex. But I wish both of you well.
>>
Your ex probably thought about that text for a while, He is hurt and probably will stay like that for a while, give him time, There is nothing wrong with being friends with an Ex but he is in pain and it is justified.
>>
>>17686895
So, can you guys explain this to me?
She's trying to cut all contact with him, and even told him she's not coming back. I get that, but why do you still love him, why do you doubt, why do you think about a future with him?
Do.you still love him, if he ever comes to your house out of the blue, what are you gonna do?
>>
>>17686912
No. I saw him earlier today and decided to message him.

>>17686899
No, I just wasn't feeling a connection anymore.
>>
>>17686903
I don't get why he's so upset. I told him I still wanted to be friends.
>>
>>17687059
>I don't get why he's so upset. I told him I still wanted to be friends.
Hmm, it's probably a good thing you broke up
>>
>>17687059
Breaking up with someone and telling them you still want to be friends is insulting to most if not all people.
>>
>>17687099
Well, I'm not writing him off. But I just don't want to date anyone right now. I was thinking that, if it was meant to be, we'd be able to come back later on.
>>
>>17687099
Yeah OP.

Makes it sound like you're belittling what you used to have with this guy.
>>
>>17687111
Keeping him in his backpocket. What a skank
>>
>>17687111
So, you mean you want to fuck other guys without any remorse? Fuck off whore.
>>
>>17687171
That's not it, either.

I really don't want to loose him as a friend, but we can't talk so soon and as much as we did before because I don't want to end up back in a relationship. I'm not ready. I do miss him, but I miss him as a friend. I'll always appreciate what he brought into my life but that part of my life is over. I'm ready to go a while by myself. I think I want to stay single for a while.
>>
>>17687181
Just give the guy some space and time jesus it's not that complicated.

Like he straight up told you exactly what he wants in that text and you're wondering how you can maneuver the situation to make it best for you and your feelings?

How should you feel? Well you broke up with him. If I broke up with someone I'd just leave them the fuck alone and try to work on myself for a while to take my mind off it.
>>
>>17687181
Well he's made it pretty clear he's not interested in being friends. The relationship is totally over, move on OP.
>>
>>17687181

That's admittedly a little selfish, he wants to be alone. Leave him be, you've probably lost him as a person in your life and the sooner you accept this, the better it'll be for both of you.
>>
I'm in a similar situation. I broke up with my ex because he was being a stubborn child and only ever seeing things from his perspective. It just didn't work out for us, but we had a good friendship, a strong one so I said I didn't want to lose that. He said he'd need time and I'm giving him that. However much he needs.

Leave your ex be until he's ready to be your friend and work on your flaws until you can pick up the friendship.

He's not a piece of clay you can shape into fitting your life though. He's a person and honestly you seem pretty selfish about the entire thing. Relationships and friendships aren't all that different. Ask yourself if you can manage a friendship with him.
>>
>>17686895
Telling someone you want to be friends after either breaking up or rejecting them is questionable at best. Most of the time the people saying it are just trying to let the other one down easy. And even if it's genuine, you cannot reasonably expect someone who wanted more from you to just be your friend.

I mean, if you ghosted him it would have been worse. But he's hurt and upset and needs to distance himself from you. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>17687059
>>17687111
>>17687181
This feels like bait straight from /r9k/. If not you lack any sense of self awareness.

>you're such a good friend
>I want all the benefits that come from being with you, but I don't want to put out myself
>you're also totally unattractive and I would rather be alone while waiting for someone better than be in a relationship with you
>I shouldn't be the one feeling bad for doing bad things to you
>your feelings don't matter to me at all btw
>geez why don't you want to be friends
That's a little dramatized but he probably feels similar about it and that you're essentially mocking him because you don't actually give a shit about him. Try to put yourself in his position.

Just leave the guy alone.
>>
>>17686895
Dude has self respect. Not a beta. Move on, he´s an ex, nothing more, now.
>>
>>17687301
/thread

MEMEMEME so fucking selfish get a grip op. Let him be.

Consider me mad/baited.
>>
leave him alone. he wants to be left alone. respect that. simple as that. don't force people to be your friend. especially someone you just dumped. the way you're talking right now is giving me a sick feeling. i would hate to be in your ex's position. i would feel like shit.
>>
You know nothing about men
As a man I can say you're a heartless bitch and you're only good for your pussy I hope you contract AIDS from a nigger cock fucking BITCH probably have a saggy ass as well fat bitch
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.