[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to un-invite someone to a party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: boards.4chan.org 1471825804017.jpg (34KB, 461x439px) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1471825804017.jpg
34KB, 461x439px
So, I'm having a big party, 30+ people. There will be drinking, but it's not some college kegger.

Anyway, I invited everyone I work with. Among these people is a fellow who's not too popular, but I don't dislike him and he would've heard about the party anyway. He's always been /b/-tier humor, 'hyuk hyuk why not just put black people in cages to protect them from themselves?", the kind of shit you hear teenagers say to try and russle jimmies.

Well, since I told him about the party, he's been making increasingly hyper-sexist comments, far past his normal 'controversial' bar. At first I was worried about him trying to red pill people at my party, for the sake of being a good host, but he's gone past raving about "all women" this and that. When speaking about a girl who will be there, he said "man the first chance I get I'm gonna rape the shit out of her". So, I'm now morally obligated to either bar him from the party completely (who the fuck says that to the host of a party with lots of drunk girls?), tell her myself, or just have one of my 'crowd control' friends watch him close. They have daughters, they don't like guys like him.

There are more than a handful of girls that I work with going, and even more personal (girl) friends showing up. My fucking sister is going to be there, and I don't have the time, energy, or patience to deal with him antagonizing people that I actually like, let alone threatening to rape someone.

Tactful ways to handle the situation? I prefer to keep things amicable if possible, but I'm not one to shy away from confrontation when it's called for.
>>
>>17686788
Send him a text, email, or other form of written message outright telling him that you're a hair away from revoking his invitation. Explain to him that you were trying to be kind and inclusive by inviting him, but his behavior since the invitation has been completely unacceptable and if he does or says anything else inappropriate before the party, he better not expect to still be welcome.

Basically you put the ball in his court, making it very clear that you can and will ban him if he fucks up, but he has to knowingly make the decision to fuck up; it's not you being an arbitrary dick bag. Having it in writing just makes the whole ordeal verifiable in case for whatever reason this extends to other people at work.
>>
>>17686809
That's a good explanation.

Go with this OP.
>>
>>17686788
Why not ask him nicely to keep it a bit to himself because you don't want to deal with those bitches complaining all night?
>>
>>17686809
This works.
>>
>>17686809
Excellent advice, thank you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.