[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medication Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 4L_xEXr7KXN.jpg (16KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
4L_xEXr7KXN.jpg
16KB, 259x194px
I was put on Wellbutrin XL 3 years ago and because I was coming off of bipolar medication from a improper diagnosis of bipolar it was a refreshing functional change after being on the wrong drugs for a few years. I was on the Wellbutrin for about two years with moderate dosage increase when something weren't being solved I continued to get medical advice and was placed on Ritalin and it really helped. Recently I was allowed to ween off of Wellbutrin, which proved successful and it seems that the benefits I was reaping from the Wellbutrin was not worth the side effects. However I face a new problem. The cocktail of the two drugs really helped my chronic fatigue and ADHD so without the Wellbutrin the Ritalin seems to only be helping mildly. The doctor prescribing the Ritalin recommends a second line defense like Strattera, but he claims he can't prescribe it. He recommends I talk to my physiatrist about it, but the only ones available with my health insurance for over an hour drive keep trying to force bipolar on me again when they see what two different bipolar drugs did to me they still tell me "eh, try it again" more or less. The one psychiatrist that was helping me left the area for good so I have no support for the prescription of other ADHD medications. I really don't want to go back on Wellbutrin, from my family physician, to aid against the ADHD again. Can anyone give me any recommendations? Any adults suffering from ADHD have stories to share? Does anyone think my Ritalin dosage is to low(dosage info bellow)? Any other medications for ADHD people have experiences with?

Personal Info:

Sex: Male
Weight: 145lbs
Ritalin Dosage: 15mg 3 times a day
Wellbutrin XL Dosage: intro dose gradually increased to 300mg once a day
>>
Hey man. I can't answer your question but can I ask you one?

What are the effects of psych drugs like? Mood/cognitive behaviour, etc.

I'm considering asking for a diagnosis and treatment but don't know if it's worth it.
>>
Personally, none of them ever really did anything for me except Wellbutrin and ADHD. I was on many drugs over the years starting in college and generally speaking they made me a zombie that could mentally feel emotions, but not physically emote them, if that makes sense or in the case if the bipolar medications drove me mad and I gained a crap ton of weight I had to shed or in the case of benzodiapines they did absolutely nothing for vast amount of dosage sizes then adding one tiny size more to the dose and I lost weeks of my life due to memory loss, but in the time I didn't lose I was still anxious. They never fixed anything just tried to cover it up then hit me with tons of temporary and permanent issues. My experiences are only mine though they may treat you differently, like for some benzodiapines completely dissolve their anxiety or antidepressants cured their depression. But, some of the most important questions I didn't ask before it was to late were ones such as "can I fix this myself", "is this a nurture or nature situation", "am I in an environment that's causing these". I'm hoping my issues are coming from mostly ADHD and the other that aren't can be changed without meds. I was also adopted and have between 10-20 biological half sibling because my biological parents were literally rabbits with each other and divorced and found multiple other rabbits. to reproduce with. As impossible as it sounds some of us found each other over time and we all turned out so differently especially the ones that also got abandoned and got adopted. My mother admit to doing drugs when she was pregnant with me and the first two years of my life I slept 22 hours of the day then woke up cried drank formula and went back to sleep till I was finally adopted by my family. So, I'm probably also screwed up from being a drug baby. Each persons case has so many factors, but be careful.
>>
>>17686929
Thanks for sharing that heavy stuff.

It's the questioning myself that hurts. Looking at my childhood, family, environment and the people I am with just gets me down. I can't stop my brain perfect-recalling traumatic events out of the blue and so I go through life constantly warn out emotionally.

But thanks for the info. I'll see a counselor before I look at drugs.
>>
>>17687627
I can relate with traumatic experiences. I might not have the right idea, but my view is everything that happens in your life no matter how small can effect you and adds itself to the emotional pile. That's why it's very important to find a good counselor too. There are many counselors that just listen and make vague comments and some see it as just a paycheck, which sometimes just venting seems to help a little, but finding one that helps by listening then helping you cope . Sadly my newer insurance does not cover the wonderful one I had before so I'm stuck with a mediocre one at best.
>>
>>17686842
Jeezus be more of an ass fuck would you?
>>
>>17687959
It's ok I don't mind sharing my experiences and giving advice as well. I'll keep mine bumped a bit, because I may be a hard case to give advice to.
>>
OP, not sure if your ritalin dosage is too low or not, but I can confirm that wellbutrin has a stimulant effect. I could easily see it being synergistic with the ritalin, and I can imagine you would have a huge dip in energy from stopping wellbutrin.

my husband takes wellbutrin and seroquel. seroquel is extremely sedating, so literally the only reason he's able to stay awake more than 8-10 hours at a time is because of the wellbutrin. so from that, I can further attest to its effect on a person's energy level.

what side effects did you have from wellbutrin that made it necessary for you to stop taking it? when I took it years ago, it made me psychotic, which I'm told is one of the rarer side effects.

there might be some other stimulant they can give you, but you want to be careful how you ask for it. you can end up looking like a pillhead if you go round directly asking for stimulants. the best way is to keep complaining to your doctors that your energy level is so bad since you stopped the wellbutrin that you can't function, but be adamant that you don't want to go back to the wellbutrin because of the side effects. if your docs aren't complete shitheels, they will either find you something else or give you a very good reason why they can't.

meds are a bitch. if you find a cocktail that works and then you have to discontinue part of it, it can be a royal pain in the dick to find another cocktail that works. I don't envy you.
>>
>>17688509
Thanks for the reply

I was initially on Wellbutrin for the mood stabilization, but I started getting hyper paranoid and had mood swings sometimes with severe migraines and sometimes I'd have completely sleepless nights along with chronic constipation. I wouldn't mind trying it again, at a very small dose and stay there if it helped, but only as a last resort. My doctors seem to understand very well and they trust me and know my whole family, but at the same time reluctant which I can understand especially with a controlled substance.

I have read that Wellbutrin is a cocktail with Ritalin to help with ADHD. I have also read in some forums where people that weigh less than I do were taking the same dose and needed to go up to even feel the effects and their doctors understood, because apparently weight has a factor in it.

Thanks for sharing your encounters and advice
>>
>>17686768
Holy shit don't take medical advice from an anonymous internet board full of mentally ill teenagers. They're almost as untrustworthy and haphazard as psychiatrists!

Stick with what you're perscribed for now, but look into mindfulness meditation or MBCT. I've never seen anything remotely credible to suggest ADHD has a neurological basis; it seems more of a loose collection of symptoms. In 6 months I went from 72mg/day ritalin and some generic SSRI's to nothing by practicing mindfulness meditation and researching related literature daily.
>>
>>17689125
I thank you I will consider this, but I would like to see if anyone has advice as well.
>>
>>17689930
Bump

Has anyone else dealt with Wellbutrin or Ritalin. Didn't mention this in the first post, but I'm on generic Ritalin and I was on generic Wellbutrin
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.