[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up at work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I fucked up at work. Somehow the mail machine didn't seal a bunch of envelopes I sent today. I realized the mistake as I threw the letters into the mailboxes. Instead of running upstairs and fixing the problem, I licked a few shut, tossed them in and walked away. The postal service was coming to pick them up within the next half hour, but I could've gone upstairs, sealed them and put them in the pick-up box.

I had a lot to do, but I strive to do my work well. I've been sloppy at jobs in the past. I don't know how to stop. It's as if I want to sabotage myself.

My plan is to apologize the fuck-up when my supervisor's finds out and claim I didn't know it had happened. I've only been at the current location for six days, but I worked with the company since July. It's my first time using a mail machine. I'll apologize for the error and promise to be more careful in the future.

What do you think I should do?
>>
>>17686700
Bump. Please help. I don't want to lose another job.
>>
>>17686700
I had a friend who lives kind of far away not got a job nearby so he crashed here if he didn't feel like taking an hour long bus ride at 2 am
He crashed for three days without clean clothes and didn't shower until the last day, I actually told him to go fucking home and change and he left. Got into a bus, got off after two stations and came back because he didn't feel like it, at least he showered because he smelled like shit
He crashed again on Saturday and had to be there at 11, I woke him up five times and at the end he left 12:30
I wasn't surprised at all when the next work day he got the boot, you are allowed to fuck up from time to time if you understand that after a fuck up you work twice as hard for a while until nobody is mad at you anymore not give up and sink deeper into apathy
He had all the help he could ask for from everyone, I would have kicked his ass until he woke up but he lied and told me he got told to come later, I can't honestly feel sorry for him after that
>>
>>17686719
>you are allowed to fuck up from time to time if you understand that after a fuck up you work twice as hard for a while until nobody is mad at you anymore not give up and sink deeper into apathy

Thank you for the advice. My start at this location has been rough, but I'm committed to being a good employee from now on. I got the job because of my stellar hard work at another location. My job duties are different at the new place. I'm hoping they'll be lenient and realize it was an error.

Do you think they'll buy that I didn't know the envelopes were unsealed?
>>
>>17686724
Nobody looses his job after a single mistake but if you tell them you let it go wrong because you were too lazy and couldn't be bothered to give a shit prepare to be fired
A lie is a last resource, make the best lie you can possibly come up with because you will have to keep kt up forever now
>>
>>17686733
It wasn't a matter of laziness. I wanted to meet a deadline and submitted poor quality work. I've felt horrible since I did it, but don't know why my mind locked up and wouldn't go upstairs and seal the envelopes.

I'm not a fan of lying, but I also want to pay my bills. I won't let this happen again. I'll be more careful when operating the mailing machine.

Do you think the lie is believable?
>>
>>17686700
Bump.

Please. What should I do to keep my job?
>>
>>17686700
Bump. I'm freaking out now. I think I'm going to have another panic attack.
>>
>>17686700
Bump. Now I'm scared. I can't believe I let this happen.
>>
>>17686700
God dammit. Do I have to write about losing my girlfriend or being cucked to get a response here? What the fuck?!
>>
>>17686700
Bump. I'm hoping for at least two more perspectives.
>>
That's over 5 posts/bumps in 20mins.

You have an anxiety disorder, which is why you're freaking out now and why you couldn't resolve the mental conflict in order to go seal the envelopes. I know that feel all too well, anon. It'll get better with time and practice.

Tell them you didn't notice that they weren't sealed.

Or that you were on your way to fix the problem, but got distracted by someone with a semi emergent situation, and forgot or didn't get to the letters in time to fix it. Either way, don't say anything until asked, and even then, pretend that you're having a hard time remembering the situation for a few seconds.

If you do good work in general, you'll be fine. Most the people you work with make worse mistakes all the time, trust me.
>>
>>17686719
>>17686733
This is the only response I get? He didn't address my situation directly. The poster used my thread to vent about his friend. I'm not lazy. I work damn hard, but sometimes I fuck up and self-sabotage. I don't know why.

What can I do to keep my job?
>>
>>17686824
>You have an anxiety disorder

Yeah. Unfortunately medication hasn't helped.

>Most of the people you work with make worse mistakes all the time, trust me.

I'm sure, but I feel bad because this has been happening for almost ten years now and hasn't abated.

>Tell them you didn't notice that they weren't sealed.

That's my plan. There were a ton of envelopes. In theory I wouldn't have noticed while packing them into the mailbox in a rush.

Do you think that's believable though?
>>
>>17686824
Thank you for responding.
>>
Np. Of course it's believable or I wouldn't have suggested it. Just act surprised and don't have the excuse ready to go. Take a minute to figure out what they're even thinking about.

I used to have crippling anxiety (laying on the couch with chest pain at 14 sort of anxiety) and did that sort of thing all the time. Look into self-help cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety/OCS. Takes a lot of work, but it's great. I've been mostly anxiety free for years.
>>
>>17686850
Thank you for understanding. That's a good idea. There were a lot of envelopes. Plenty of them were unsealed for whatever reason, even though the sealer was on. Maybe it was a machine fuck-up. I'll stop thinking about it so I'm genuinely surprised when it happens. Very good plan.

I want to keep this job to access therapy. My health insurance has been state run since I turned 26. I've been luck if I can see a therapist once a month.

You've given me hope. Maybe I have a chance of fixing my brain and succeeding in life.
>>
>>17686827
Wow buddy fuck you
You did fuck up on purpose because you were too lazy amd didn't give half a shit about running to fix your mistake
I didn't vent about my friend, I gave you a perfectly good example but you can't see the pararell can you?
With your attitude nobody would keep you hired
>>
>>17686873
No. I don't see the parallels.

I started as a temporary employee who was supposed to work for a short period of time, but was hired permanently because of my work ethic and productivity. I wake up on time, practice proper hygiene and, up until now, have done a good job. I'm also not relying on anyone to keep the job. I get myself there everyday.

All you did was write that story without a word of advice or a summary of the similarities. That's lazy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.