[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staying motivated for work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: mob-psycho-100-05-06.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mob-psycho-100-05-06.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
I need advice how to stay motivated for work. So far I have worked the farm for two years and construction for three years and I run into the same cycle each time.
>go in
>do my job
>come home
>force myself to go in
>do my job with very little energy
>go to bed angry or sad
>will myself to work
>suppress my negative shit
>do my work but do an awful job at it no matter how much effort i put in
>become increasingly negative even while pushing it all down, begin to look abit crazy while im trying to fake it out
>job ends and live in my apartment room for as long as possible off savings
What should I be doing to stop this cycle? Currently shacked up in my apartment and haven't left for 3 weeks and im finally starting to calm down.
>>
File: 117660511237416331623.jpg (36KB, 400x447px) Image search: [Google]
117660511237416331623.jpg
36KB, 400x447px
Bump
>>
File: 1449627420689.jpg (95KB, 707x621px) Image search: [Google]
1449627420689.jpg
95KB, 707x621px
bampu
>>
File: 1445415183234.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445415183234.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
I guess /adv/ only replies to bait posts
>>
/adv/ has no advice for you because theyre all NEETs

have you tried self employment or some kind of freelance work?
>>
>>17685955

Find a different job.
>>
>>17686017
So far ive tried exercise daily and practicing social skills and thats how i am able to land a job. But maintaining the job is where im falling apart, i just want to self sabotage after a month or two of working.
>>
>>17685955
Well, maybe you just don't like your work and want something different? Or maybe you want to advance instead of doing endless manual labor i.e. construction manager?

Either way, realize that all work sucks. Just do it.

>>17686017
>/adv/ has no advice for you because theyre all NEETs
Speak for yourself
>>
>>17686035
right
the grind is killing you
that's why I'm asking if you've tried working on your own terms
or maybe having part time work plus a side hustle
>>
>>17686038
I know all jobs suck but im getting to the point where I no longer care. The last six months of my job I just showed up and put no effort in and felt like shit because I realized I can get away with this forever. Its dull and its not rewarding at all outside of money which once I am not starving doesn't feel like enough.
>>17686052
Never done self employment but im only 22 and so far ive gone from a farm, to traveling construction, to a farm, to washing tables, to lead removal. Do you have any ideas in things I should be studying or looking into?
>>
>>17686081
Dude, all of the jobs you listed require zero brain power. You're completely white collar. You're not only physically exhausting yourself, you're providing your brain with zero stimulation.

Go to school. For anything. Even if you're stupid and got bad grades in high school. Just go to community college for two years. Don't even pick an end game. 2 years of undergrad classes and I guarantee you will find something you are interested in. At that point, you pick your major and find the right 4 year college to end at.
>>
>>17686108
Blue collar, I meant. Not white, derp.
>>
>>17686108
I might try community college its not as expensive as I thought
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.