/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do i think finding someone attractive is shameful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

The fuck is wrong with me, why do i subconsciously feel that finding someone attractive and pursuing a relationship with them is shameful/embarrassing/awkward. One of the major things holding me back is that im afraid of what this girl would tell her FRIENDS if she DOES reject me, and then after that i feel as if she will think less of me because i'm attracted to her, as if it's some odd, out of this world scenario - to be attracted to someone. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME IT HOLDS ME BACK SO MUCH.
>>
You ever been molested/assaulted? Shame over normal stuff like this tends to have trauma at the source, in my experience.
>>
>>17685133
just go gay
>>
Welcome to the club buddy. My parents filled me with paranoia for what should be normal feelings and drives.
>>
>>17685140
Not at all, i don't fucking understand.
>>
>>17685140
This
>>
>>17685133

You just have low self esteem. You put too much in what others think of you, so of course you don't feel like putting yourself out there.

Work on that.
>>
>>17685141
It would probably be the exact same.

>>17685144
My parents divorced when i was 6 if that is even relevant
>>
>>17685148
I do, i know i do, i care what others THINK of me, how do i fix that? It seems to be instilled in me.
>>
>>17685152
Do you find it difficult to stare at an attractive person in public? Do you have trouble talking about sex?
>>
>>17685133

Nothing wrong. You are ashamed of being proven vulnerable and that you are not good enough.
>>
>>17685146
How social are you? Is it hard for you to make friends? When you hang out, are you more introverted? It seems like you're in your head a lot...
>>
>>17685159
First one, if i'm staring at someone directly in the eyes in public, that's a little uncomfortable but otherwise no. I don't have trouble talking about sex to my friends

>>17685161
Can you elaborate further?

>>17685163
I'm very social among my friends, i'm kind of the clown, i'm a little introverted in certain social scenarios but i'm fairly vocal with my friends
>>
>>17685163
I do tend to think a lot, if that's what you mean, i have low scale anxiety disorder.
>>
>>17685140
I have an EXTREMELY abusive mother. No molestation though. Could it be a possible reason?
>>
I'm OP

>>17685191
this is not OP, he's trying to sabotage my thread.
>>
>>17685197
Just use a trip OP. If other guy does too, you'll both get advice.
>>
>>17685167
>Can you elaborate further?

She means very much to you. You feel powerless in front of her. You are ashamed of how weak you are to her persona, how much control she has over your emotions.
>>
>>17685197
sry thought it was clear, cause you already answered
>>
>>17685170
Anxiety is tricky to get through...I always go back to thinking "no amount of guilt will change your past and no amount of anxiety can change your future." Try to put yourself in a state that's natural for you when you're amongst your friends, and think of the attractive girls as approaching a friend. If you get rejected, it's not because you're a creep, they just didn't vibe with your energy. Does that make sense?
>>
>>17685210
I don't feel powerless in front of her, nor do i feel weak, i just really want to be with her. And i don't want to fuck it up.

>>17685217
That's a good perspective actually, the human minds a funny, counter productive organ at times hey. Thank you though.
>>
>>17685224
Glad it helped, try to use that perspective when you initiate contact with a girl. Your mind gets busy thinking what can go wrong, but you don't do that around your friends. You probably wait until a moment you can jump in and add to the flavor of the content with your personality.
>>
>>17685224

Damn anon, are you me? I think previous poster has it right though.

When I ask her out the response will go one of two ways. One will make me very happy, one will crush my shit into a downward spiral.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.