[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giving advice to those who seek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: summer koala.jpg (264KB, 580x531px) Image search: [Google]
summer koala.jpg
264KB, 580x531px
Koala is here for you and will do his best to advice you on your troubles or questions.

Be sure to bring eucalyptus.
>>
>>17684789
How do I not feel intimidated by my low self esteem esp when I go shopping and the salespeople make faces when I decide not to buy it i know it's not an obligation but I feel obliged and uncomfortable as fuck
>>
File: smug koala.jpg (238KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
smug koala.jpg
238KB, 2048x1365px
>>17684912
Well, you're already aware of the fact that buying something is not obligatory, so wallow in your freedom of having choice of buying something or not. You pretty much feel it when you do something against your will. Mind that feeling. Just don't buy it, 'Perhaps another time'. The salesmen won't care.
>>
How do I not be depressed as all fuck? I am 25 and stuck at a completely dead end job that I absolutely hate, but I need it to help my mother (who I also still live with). I am angry all day lately, especially when I am stuck at work with high school and college kids who pocket every paycheck and are all around lazy fucks. Meanwhile I am now even more broke because we needed a major home repair that wasn't even fixed, yet I still shelled out $1,000+. I just went through a break up so that's adding more to this bullshit. It wasn't even like I was madly in love with the girl or anything, just pissed me off and hit my self esteem that after a year of time she basically just said "yeah fuck you we're done" one day. To make it worse it wasn't even really the girls fault. I've never really had a good relationship that didn't involve cheating or all around bullshit, so I'm an incredibly untrusting person and pretty shitty in relationships and I suppose she just grew tired of it eventually. I'd flake a lot, keep her at a distance, go through phases of being an untrusting cock, etc. I flake on people a lot for some reason, like I'll make plans with friends and then just get nervous and cancel. I don't like getting close to people. I'm just tired of life. I used to want to do things and now I really just go day by day. My alcohol use has gone way up and I've recently started getting into "heavier" drugs like cocaine. It feels like I'm stuck where I am. This is just life now. Forever.
>>
my parents died within a couple of months of each other, two weeks after my mum died my long term girlfriend left me. i don't have any other family and i've kind of shut myself away from the world.
>>
File: little koala.jpg (90KB, 736x755px) Image search: [Google]
little koala.jpg
90KB, 736x755px
>>17685222
In life, you can either complain about things and have nothing change, or do something to change it. Take things step by step. Your first priority is obviously your mom. Meanwhile doing that, you could take a look at better paying jobs or jobs that you end up liking more. The heartbreak will pass, with time. Venting your anger is a good way, but not in alcohol. I have no experience with alcohol or drug abuse so I am afraid I cannot help you with that, but seeing a professional might be a right solution.

To cope with all of this stuff going on, have you thought about doing meditation? Making a priority list?

You realize that you flake on a lot of people, which is the first step. Which other steps can you take on in order not to flake on people? Do realize that if you do this way more further, you end up alone.

Reach out. Maybe your friends can keep you a bit better in check. Also know that your alcoholism and drug abuse do not reach any further towards your goal of fixing the house, and also investing in the future.

>>17685228
My condolences, anon.

Does your ex understand? Could she give you any mental support?

If you've shut yourself away from the world, this would seem like an optimal time to go out and explore. Go travel and get to know yourself more, you have nothing to lose, as it seems. Maybe you want to go back to school, change expertises, or discover something that you actually like doing.

I can only give you time, but as I have yet to bury my parents, I cannot give you any guidance on the matter. I hope it will be only better for you, in time. Godspeed, anon.
>>
I've been finding that I've been getting bored a lot easier since two of my friends decided to disappear, I don't really even get on my laptop anymore because of it. What can I do to actually want to play games on my laptop, or what are some small things I can do when nothing is going on?
>>
>>17684789
Dear Koala,
How do you kill yourself without desolating the body
>>
File: eating koala.jpg (44KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
eating koala.jpg
44KB, 620x400px
>>17685353
How about starting with going outside? Take walks into the forest, or go into the city and just sit at a cafe with a coffee or tea. Read a book, do an online course, do push ups, go running, listen to new music, talk to strangers. So many things you can do! But I notice that you get more energy by going outside.

>>17685365
By eating it!
>>
>>17685384
I've been walking my dog around a lot more as of recently which is nice as I do enjoy. Just sometimes I feel like a bit empty during those moments if not doing anything
>>
>>17684789
Dude what flavour is that?
>>
File: noisy koala.jpg (99KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
noisy koala.jpg
99KB, 950x534px
>>17685388
I get that, I'm kind of restless, too.

What I try to do is make a priority list of things to do every week. Do that many application, go running at least 2 times, go walking in the forest, etc.

Try to do that too, it might give you some guidance. The free time you have left, try to fill it with something that is fulfilling to you. I enjoy playing Pokemon and Mass Effect now again, so that's why I try to do. I read some books on the side as well. Enjoying a glass of whisky with that, and just chill.

>>17685396
Pineapple
>>
>>17685498
Ok, thank you for the advice koala!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.