[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sticking with losing weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: gtihZLi.jpg (150KB, 1270x954px) Image search: [Google]
gtihZLi.jpg
150KB, 1270x954px
Fatty here, obviously

Why do i always have so much trouble committing to losing weight despite really wanting to at the same time?
I cut down on my eating for a few weeks, start trying to get active a bit more but after a while I go back to my old ways.

How do I actually stick to losing weight?
>>
Because we like food. And because there is a thing were you rebound on carbs because the body was being '''''''''''''starved'''''''''''' during a low calorie diet.

Also you need discipline.
>>
Not OP, but how do I lose more weight? I've been stuck at 205 for about a month now. I've been cutting down my eating as well. No sugary shit or anything

Also OP, discipline yourself. A large portion of weight loss is mental
>>
you are probably not enjoying it, while you do it. if you do sports with real goals and see yourself getting closer to those goals, you find sports to make you happy.

If I run 5km i get a runners high at some point from there on, I dont feel a lot of pain anymore. before that, I often got knee pain way earlier.

Same with weight training, at some point, your muscles dont ache anymore and you are happy about bursting through your workout
>>
>>17684720
>Why do i always have so much trouble committing to losing weight despite really wanting to at the same time?

probably because eating lots of shit has become a habit for you. i have fat two fat friends who always try to lose weight and they are always unsuccessful.

I used to take in about 3500 calories a day because i was on a bulk. now im on a cut and i miss being able to eat lots of shit but i manage due to the discipline i have. you need discipline. also, do shit that takes your mind off eating. there are days in the past where i would hardly eat anything because i would be playing video games all day.
>>
Thanks guys, is there any advice to actually gaining better self discipline or will I just have to try really hard?
>>
>>17684763
working out disciplined me. i think you have to find something that will discipline you, im not sure if just trying really hard will give you discipline.
>>
File: 1475571022831.jpg (35KB, 552x695px) Image search: [Google]
1475571022831.jpg
35KB, 552x695px
>>17684726
>>17684720
here's the obvious answer you don't want to hear: exercise.... a lot

the other side of that coin is reducing your intake and/or making better health choices such as cutting out most of the sugars you eat in day and replacing it with proteins or good carbs

Find what weight are, multiply that number by 10, you need that many calories to maintain that weight, eating more causes weight gain, eating less causes weight loss (make sure to factor in activity burn into your calculations)

That's really the gist of it, if you DON'T work out, it'll take a lot longer (years) to drop the weight, if you DO workout, you'll drop the weight faster and gain some muscle in the process

Source: Former wrestler, I dropped 16 pounds in a week to make weight once (not proud of it either)
>>
>>17684815
Thanks, how long does it take to lose a decent amount weight following this, such as going from 120kg to 110kg or way too hard to tell?
>>
>>17684720
I don't know if its the same for you, but my problem with losing weight has always been (without me realizing it before) that I was simply too idealistic about it. I thought to myself "let's stick to this particular diet and work out at least 4 times a week" and when I couldn't keep up with this plan after a couple of weeks I just threw it all away.
What I did (and am currently doing) is being way more leisure about losing weight. I plan to exercise every second day at least, but if I don't succeed after a couple of days, instead of throwing it all away, I look at my current weight and feel happy that I've already lost a couple of kilos over the last months. Then I continue my exercising schedule from there without too much pressure. I've found that I keep getting better and better at sticking to my schedule after picking it up again after each failed attempt.
As for food, instead being super strict about my diet, I've simply started eating more healthy and eating less. If I'm super hungry for sweets, I'll allow myself to eat a pack of oreos or something because fuck it. Just make sure this stuff doesn't happen every second day.
I managed to lose almost 10kg over the last 6 months with my strategy. This sure as hell isn't as fast or "efficient" as super strict diets, but at least I'm seeing continuous progress and I don't have to stick to any masochistic diets which are simply no fun.
>>
>>17684832
It takes as long as it takes. Stop worrying about getting skinny quick. It only discourages people. Go visit /fit/ more. Log your calories. Count them for a little while, it will really open your eyes and help you make better choices.
>>
File: 1475928528446.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475928528446.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>17684832
former wrestler again:

refer to >>17684832

cutting weight fast is super bad for you, if you want to look good and not wither away, you need to:
A) workout at rate that fits you
B) get your daily doses of protein to maintain muscle mass (based on your post, you need 96 grams of protein to maintain muscle (120 x 0.8))
C) Keep at it, by next summer, if you go to the gym 5 times a week and work hard for an hour and a half I could see you dropping the weight the honest way
>>
>>17684866
i meant refer to >>17684842
sorry for the confusion
>>
>>17684866
>>17684869
Thank you a lot. This has motivated me a bit more, hopefully I'll manage to do it next time I try.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.