[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cowardice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1387098355181.jpg (161KB, 404x532px) Image search: [Google]
1387098355181.jpg
161KB, 404x532px
Good morning, /adv/.
I need some advice on how not to be a coward. I am afraid of many silly things. I cannot sleep without some sort of light on. I'm afraid of being robbed. I am not afraid to fight, i have done a lot of that in the past. But I am afraid of a potential war breaking out between the major powers of this world. I'm afraid of being haunted. Deathly afraid of meeting a woman's parents, although I have no luck with women. Criminals scare me, no matter their charge.
How do I obtain courage?
>>
Diff between courage and cowardice isn't marked by the presence of fear or not. Brave people are as afraid of shit as scared people. Only difference is whether you let it stop you or make the decision to swallow that shit and forge ahead.

Preparedness helps too.
>>
>>17684700

this, you cant be brave if you're not scared, if you weren't scared then it wouldn't be a big deal to do it

if you're scared of crime and warfare get a gun my niggy
>>
File: 1415535092892.png (94KB, 244x200px) Image search: [Google]
1415535092892.png
94KB, 244x200px
>>17684700
I don't believe that at all. There are people who have no fear even in the face of imminent danger. I've seen it. I
>get a gun
I cannot, for I cannot afford it. If I could, I would purchase a firearm.
Pic related. Me when I found my tv turned on in the night when I know I've turned it off.
>>
>>17684716
i think what he is saying is that people get scared of different things but brave people find the courage to fight their fears. im not afraid of any of the things op stated. especially being haunted, look at the positives, if a ghost is haunting you, it proves that there is an after life. What does scare me is getting sick because it prevents me from doing my training. other fears are failing and ending up with a dead end job, and dying alone
>>
File: 1416624278903.gif (2MB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
1416624278903.gif
2MB, 209x213px
>>17684721
An afterlife is nothing to look forward to.
If all that is left is to stick around fools like me then what is the point of dying.
I do what I have to despite the fear, but it eats me from the inside. I detest this feeling and want it to stop.
>>
>>17684667
Semi-courageous semi-coward faggot reporting in . Courage and confidence comes from experiences in which you could hold on and win in the end.
Fear stem from either the unknown or from the painful images of your mind - both the same basically, as you probably tend to fill the void of the unknown with expectations of your own .
Are you afraid of a toaster or your oven ? Probably not , because you can't really imagine them inflicting any emotional or physical harm to you , but people with accident with them can. Maybe your fear of criminals come from those previous fights
As for practical advice I can only say the useless - go beyond your comfort zone and confront those fears . Little by little .Git gud at self defense , learn how to take care of yourself on a trip in the wild ( comes in handy if a war would break out and residential areas mean fighting ) , bath in some holy water , use less and less light for sleep . Build up experiences in which you've dealt with similar but smaller threats . Remember how you could win fights .
>>
>>17684727
>An afterlife is nothing to look forward to.

i think that is a very negative perspective.

>If all that is left is to stick around fools like me then what is the point of dying.

people believe that ghosts are earthbounds spirits that are unable to pass over due to not being able to let go of something that has happened here. ghosts are probably not real anyway, and if so, it doesent mean the intent of dying is to become a ghost and haunt peopple. maybe some people in the after life are pricks and enjoy haunting people. maybe they are earth bound. you dont know, and neither do i. you're just being really negative. you need to change your whole way of thinking.
>>
What worked for me was having several near-death experiences. Now everything else makes me laugh at how minor it is. I suggest you leave your house and go do something now and then, pussy-face. Have you tried NOT being a faggot?
>>
>>17684716
You've seen what they were feeling and how they were internally processing the situation? In that case you're psychic and shouldn't be scared of shit because you can always see what's coming and motives can't be hidden from you.

Learn to separate your perceptions from reality so you can cross reference them and make sure everything adds up. Bravery looks like the absence of fear because the fear isn't being allowed to have enough of an effect for it to interfere with whatever needs taken care of.

>>17684727
If it's mainly just the fear part that's pissing you off, learn as much as you can about whatever it is that scares you. Most fear has two sources. 1 uncertainty of outcome alongside knowledge that a negative outcome could be in the cards. 2 certainty in anticipation of negative outcome and knowledge that you're likely to be powerless in the face of it. Combining those two in a person who puts little effort into reigning in their own mind leads to neurosis. Taking steps to mitigate each OTOH leads to minimized fear.
>>
>>17684751
>>17684758
>>17684765
>>17684758
Thank you brothers. I will take this advice to heart. I will prepare my mind and body for the oncoming threats, if time allows for it.
For the immediate problem of being haunted, what should I do if the "ghost" turns out to be hostile. For now it seems to be attempting minor annoyances but I can not be certain that it will not try to get me for whatever reason.
As for being in the woods, you need a license of some sort to hunt with firearms, correct? I should work on obtaining one at once. I can already prepare a fire and set up camp due to the knowledge that I have previously acquired.
>>17684762
I have also had my run ins with death before, but they have done nothing to ease the pain of the fear.
>>
>>17684770
>For the immediate problem of being haunted, what should I do if the "ghost" turns out to be hostile. For now it seems to be attempting minor annoyances but I can not be certain that it will not try to get me for whatever reason.

why do you think you're being haunted? tell the ghost some faggot on 4chan said to haunt him instead for a laugh
>>
File: 1342222290970.jpg (33KB, 478x352px) Image search: [Google]
1342222290970.jpg
33KB, 478x352px
>>17684774
There have been many events that have lead me to this conclusion.
I often hear things, particularly during the night that would be impossible under the circumstances. Bottles rattling in the kitchen, disembodied voices, the like. And before you ask, no I am not schizophrenic. This only happens in my apartment. And very recently, I ventured forth into the kitchen for a drink. Upon entering the kitchen I had noticed that the television in the living room was turned on. Not by me, of course.
I also cannot explain, but when I am trying to sleep, I will sometimes get that feeling on my back that someone is behind me, it is a very awful feeling that leads me to feeling a massive amount of fear. This has led me to sleeping with my bedroom television on, and sleeping exclusively on my back. I have not wronged anyone who has died, so I have no understanding of why this apparition has specifically targeted me for a haunting, but I am sure that it cannot be reasoned with.
>>
>>17684770
No prob man. If ghost, remember: dat nigga dead. Your will > his will. Say (or outwardly think, whatever) some shit like "if you've good intent stay and welcome, if your intent is ill gtfo" and leave it at that. Repeat as needed if you get those moments where your spidey sense starts tingling.

Get gun. Get training. Get ammo. Get lots of practice in. Get gud. No tred on snek.

>also if in US get familiar with your state's gun laws and vote no on any and all gun control bullshit that shows up on your ballot because those faggots are the very definition of "give an inch, take a mile"
>>
>>17684782
>Bottles rattling in the kitchen, disembodied voices, the like.

some times shit moves because it is falling from an unbalanced position. some times walls creak and shit like that and it sounds like voices.

>the television in the living room was turned on

maybe you forgot to turn it off.

if you do have a ghost in your house, get a priest around to cleanse your home. i personally think you're just hearing things but you know, i could be wrong, im no ghost expert. i think having a ghost would be pretty cool. maybe you should become mates with it.
>>
>>17684786
stay and be welcome*

For real though, the odds of there being a ghost haunting your apartment are astronomical and even if there actually is one, dude's probably bored out of his ghosty eternal little mind and trolling you for lulz. If he turns out one day to be a malevolent dick, you call him a faggot and deal with it then because you gain nothing from worrying about it now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.