[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I fully in the wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1476585345373-pol.jpg (114KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1476585345373-pol.jpg
114KB, 612x612px
>getting ready to go
>step dad cleaning kitchen
>pretty sure he has ocd
>commands me to finish drinking apple cider jug
>my "his ocd is acting up sense tingling"
>finish packing up car
>stepdad: "but what about this cider there is only like a gulp left! Just drink it "
>I don't feel like drinking the cider at this specific moment in time
>"I'll probably drink it tommorw "
>he starts ranting about how the cider has been at a small amount for two days
>"If it bothers you than I'll dump it out"
>him "oh no Ive got it. God this is six year old shit really it's always something like this some-" he dumps out the cider
>At this point I just left in the middle of his sentence. I didnt storm of or slam the door or anything I was on my way out anyway and just kind of casually left. Which is admittedly disrespectful. But I wasn't in the mood to here him complain about a jug existing in the fridge for an extra day

The "always something" things he is referring to are thing like just last week. I got home late from work. I ate cereal for dinner. I left the box on the counter overnight. The next morning I found a hand written note about remembering to put the cereal box back in the pantry.

I do chores. I stay tidey. I clean gutters and shit he's too old to do. I walk his dog. I'm not leaving the house messy.

Does this shit actually bother people? Like I understand being annoyed at dirty dishes or something, but a container of food having a small amount of food in it doesn't bother me in the slightest. He also seems to get upset when he is cleaning and other people are currently not.

I feel that he is always just kind of trying to give me commands to feel in control. He isn't always like this but he gets in these funks were he seems to think people are actively undermining him. I got sick of this and didn't want to have a conversation about the proper contents level of cider in the fridge.

Just wanted feedback.

Pic unrelated.
>>
If you don't like it, move out.
>>
He's got too much time on his hands...
>>
>>17683660
He's prob just stressed out about his life, and yelling at you makes him feel better, like he has some sort of control in his failing life. Just deal with his shit and make him feel secure that he can still boss you around. It's annoying as fuck, but just be mature and take the high road on this one.
>>
>>17683666
In the process. Just got a first "real job"

I currently am out of the house 13 hours a day due to my shitty commute but my mom and stepdad are in the process of moving so I thought I'd stick around and help them move.
>>
>>17683675
Lately he's been seeing the doctor about his copd. He had to take a class about how he'll be on an oxygen tank eventually.

I think that's probably making him more emotional. But he's lashing out at people that he's going to need to take care of his ass.

I was at first thinking I'd just say "look we aren't ever going to see eye to eye on certain things. But this is your house so if stuff like this bothers you that much I'll try and get itbout ofbyour way. I'm sorry for being rude." Now I'm not sure.

Should I just let him be "right"? And say I was fully wrong?
>>
>>17683702
Apologize, but also let him know that you realize he's just lashing out. Ask if he can also look within himself.
>>
>>17683711
Won't that sound conceding coming from a 23 year old when he's over fifty?
>>
>>17683721
Of course it does, that's rubbish advice. Just suck it up until you can move out.
>>
>>17683660
My dad does this

"I know you're so full that you're going to have a stomach ache for the next 5 hours, but can you just finish this tuna casserole? It's not enough for leftovers and I don't want to waste food"
>>
>>17683660
Just move out and let him die in peace
>>
>>17683711
Never criticize when you're apologizing, anon.
>>
>>17683801
Tell them to eat it then.
Or offer to split it if he cares that much.
>>
>>17683660
Could be a narcissistic personality disorder person. I dunno much about it but my mother-in-law is like that and she has npd. Look it up and if it matches, get out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.