[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over being sexually assaulted ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 500x500px
How do I get over being sexually assaulted ?
>>
File: 15237878.png (260KB, 461x357px) Image search: [Google]
15237878.png
260KB, 461x357px
>>17683650
>>
>>17683650
Kick him in the dick
>>
>>17683650
Realize it means literally nothing. Even in the context of your life, if you decided not to care about it, it wouldn't matter. If you had amnesia of the moment, would it even make a difference to your life? Would you ever know? That's how unimportant it can be if you let it. And that's just in the context of the life of a person, which it self means nothing at all in grander schemes
>>
>>17683650
Would justice be possible? Could you prove it?
>>
>>17683650
Don't listen to the other retards in the thread. Visit a therapist. It will be worth it.
>>
>>17683650
Just how assaulted is 'sexually assaulted'?

Are we talking cat-calls here?
>>
It has happened to me. I lived for a long time with uncertainty about myself. Tried to just ignore it and pretend it never happened. But that part of me came clawing back. I made a mistake I wish I could've taken back all because I hated myself at that point. I'll never see eye-to-eye with self-haters. But I digress. The most important thing you can do is not take it out on yourself. Hard as it will be you need to face it and accept this has happened. Don't *ever* think this is on you, though.
>>
I was molested when I was 10 and I've been living with it for years.

I feel like I'm dying inside, I've spent nights thinking about it and how I could've prevented it, how I want to kill the man that did it (literally),etc

I still am not sure if that experience is what fucked me in the head, but I've had a pretty rough life (don't mean to come off as pretentious) since early childhood

It's decent now, I'm taking a pill a day of Zoloft and smoking marijuana
I can't socialize with people though so I barely have any friends and I spend a ton of time alone, contemplate suicide daily, etc

Anon don't be like me, get revenge, he/she doesn't deserve to live
>>
>>17683911 cont.

and even now...it always seems to come out wrong and messy at first when I talk about it. I'm reflexively doing things out of a discomfort even though I've already faced it. There was a fleck of dust that had been on my computer monitor for weeks and I just now wiped it off.

It leaves its scars that will never completely heal, and always hurt some. This is very minute compared to the nightmare of confusion I felt before.
>>
>>17683841
Do not listen to this guy

Therapy. Difficult, expensive therapy.
>>
>>17683924 >>17683911
here.

OP, while we can't replace therapy, you are brave for bringing this up on an advice forum. This isn't easy for anyone to do after what you've been through. There's nothing wrong with talking honestly. This is your thread. I think there are at least a few others who would like to talk with you here, but only if you want to. It's part of what /adv is here for.

Your question. I think what you mean is how to go about living with it. As far as getting 'over' it, there is definitely a turning point where you have resolved it enough that you can resume living a regular functioning life without, for example, periods of time in the day where you zone out because you're having flashbacks or you're trying so hard to get away from it or to handle something else that this is messing with.

I recall my turning point personally was deciding that I wanted to know what it was to actually be happy again, not faking, not acting all weird and crazy (speaking personally), not sorta happy with some cloud of my past overshadowing it or lurking nearby and poisoning everything. I didn't know what happiness truly was, and had to re-learn.

It's your life. You don't have to face your past until you are ready--and yes, it'll be painful, long and difficult. I wish there was another way. Know that someday you must face it and come to terms with what happened, because this is the obstacle you must overcome if you are to turn the corner on this--if you are to "get over" this. Honestly, even after you do, you will always have a scar from it on a deeper level than just physical but the difference will be that it will be merely unpleasant rather than dreadful enough to hate life for it.

I beg of you, please don't give up, don't let it control you. The threat of its happening has already passed. The dangers now lie in the unresolved. Don't let your attacker win.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.