[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on Asking Someone Out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Shy Young Kyoko.gif (565KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
Shy Young Kyoko.gif
565KB, 500x624px
Okay /adv/, I really need your help this time. I get I should set the scene first, I'll try to be as brief as possible:
>high school senior (inb4 "MODS"; I'm 18 so don't worry I'm not breaking any rules)
>haven't had a girlfriend since Sophomore year
>she was the only girl I ever dated
>now I'm in limbo
>homecoming is this Friday
>time is running short to ask a girl out
>I have my sight set on one girl: super qt, super nice, we're friends but not super close so I only talk to her during club meetings and in homeroom

I think you all see where this is going. I think I could work up the courage to ask her to the dance, but I can't figure out how to bring it up in conversation without seeming desperate. I don't want to be the one to mention the dance, but I don't want to entirely rely on random happenstance. What should I do?! I really don't want to fuck things up with her, since non-slutty, nice, and attractive high school girls are a rare sight these days.

Also, I don't think she has a boyfriend, but I need to find a casual way to find out.

Please, guys, I really don't want to screw this up.
>>
Also, before anyone says "hurr you're young it doesn't matter": I can't help when I was born. I'd probably be doing the same thing you are if I was your age and a youngster asked me for advice, but just know I'm aware of elitist bullshit when I see it. Not to say "don't criticize me I'm perfect!!1!", just sayin'.
>>
>>17683536

Be forward and own your intentions. Don't open with it but talk with her a bit, maybe crack a few jokes and then lead into it.

"So do you have a date yet for the dance?"

"No/not really/not yet"

"Would you like one?"

Something along those lines, if said with charisma and absolute confidence, is capable of working.

Nothing is stopping you from being that confident other than yourself. Also, it'll take a lot of the pressure off if you keep it in your mind that this IS just a highschool dance.

It's important relative to you but there'll be plenty more so don't feel like the world ends if she rejects you. It happens, and it's not so bad.

Good luck op
>>
>>17683553
Thanks m8, I guess it is just a matter of getting over my nerves.
My main concern was just that I get rejected and the dynamic between us falls completely flat. I'm not naive enough to think I fell in love or anything, but she's definitely a catch, ya feel?
>>
>>17683558

I feel, however you can't catch her by admiring. You gotta cast that line. If she bites, she bites. If not, you're exactly where you were but you can move onto better things
>>
>>17683579
Thanks, man, you've been a big help. If this thread's still up Thursday, I'll report back with results. Hopefully some other anon in my situation can get something out of my experience.
>>
>>17683553
>do this
>sorry anon I'm not going to the dance
>later says she's "sapiosexual"
I know she never wanted me but she could have just said it fucking roastie REEEEE
>>
>>17683616
She isn't like that...she's somewhat liberal like any other high school girl but she's DEFINITELY not the blue-haird feminist type...she,d be the last person I'd expect to do something like that. Also that really doesn't happen as often as /pol/ makes you think it does.
>>
>>17683629
She actually wasn't a blue haired feminist, she was pretty normal and chill (although I think college is brainwashing her a bit, last I saw her she was in some women's group)
>>
>>17683664
Wait, this is actually something that happened to you? I thought you were giving a hypothetical...
That's rough, anon. At least you avoided the possibility of her making up some rape story about you guys after homecoming, that woukd really ruin your life and feminists don't think twice about it.
>>
>>17683677
Well now that month old memories of a girl I should have forgotten long ago are being dug up, I might as well retell this short and pitiful story as my post on r9k never got noticed.

I went to a pretty small school, everyone knew everyone and every group was tight as a knot, save for me and my friend.

Senior year was drawing closer and closer to an end, and only having a relationship once in the fifth grade where I was used up and thrown away like a condom in a bathroom stall I was anxious to get on the dating scene.

There was a blasian girl, half BEST KOREA half all American negro that was close friends with my friend (people of the darker persuasion stick closer, although my friend was a notorious pimp). I suppose it was the Asian in her that stuck out to me, or perhaps it was her small demeanor in both speech and size that drew me towards her. Needless to say both me and my friend started trading jokes about who she belonged to, my waifu or his hoe.

We began to work closer together in the two classes we shared. I began to get to know her, finding out her number and, most importantly, taste in video games. This is most likely where the fuckups began.
>>
Talk her up a bit beforehand, about vidya or a tv show or some recent event that isn't /pol/ tier
Then
>who's taking you to homecoming?
Either
>chad
>no one
Then
>FUCKING CHADS REEEE
Or
>Id like to take you, I think we'd have a good time
it's not hard high school game is the easiest shit
Just fucking talk to girls at that ages it's really all they care about
>>
>>17683719
Being the sperglord that I was, and despite the fact I got along with most girls in the school, I wanted a relationship that might last, so I began to analyze each girl based on how close their taste fit mine. While this might seem autistic, in truth the school was filled to the brim with normalfags who, once they began to know me and my abnormal taste in humor and attitude, would probably think I was a bigger weirdo than they first thought. The blasian girl was the closest match (There actually were other, closer matches, and I feel regret of not going further with them. But with time they faded out of my range and are lost forever).

More than likely, it started and ended with her phone number. Unlike what I suggested in my original post, I did not merely ask her to the dance on the first try. The truth is much more autistic and embarrassing. A moment of courage crashed spectacularly as I tried then and there to ask her out, on the simple premise that she had good taste in consoles.

An hour and much confused angst later, the conversation was over, I was rejected in the excuse that a relationship would prevented her from doing well in school. I would have done anything for her. I would have helped her on any homework, any question, I'd rig the tests to get her an A if she needed it. I had determined myself to love her and she denied my never ending loyalty as an arrow reflects off a shield.
>>
>>17683616

I once had a girl tell me she was a lesbian to avoid going on a date with me. know them feels bro.
>>
>>17683749
I did not stop there, however. This is where my post picks up. It was nearing the time of the junior prom (to be her last big school event I would later discover) and I needed a partner.

The confrontation was brief but saddening. Approacing her in front of her friends in the hallway, I humbly asked if she would like a partner to the prom. She denied. I offered her everything, dress, a paid for ticket, anything she would need for it and she threw it away too. Perhaps she sensed my desperation. I truly did not think she wanted to go however. After all, neither did I. And we were the most compatible out of anyone in the school. It did not matter however. The opportunity left and was brushed away. I ended up taking my pimp friend instead.

The final nail in the coffin was the most confusing one. I learned during the first semester of my senior year that she would be leaving come January. She was returning to graduate at her old school. She was even making the brave journey to rise an hour early to make the long drive to her school. She was extremely dedicated. In one last brazen attempt before she left I asked about our relationship. To my surprise and befuddlement she responded to me with the revelation that she was "sapiosexual". When inquired about the meaning of this strange new term she said to look it up.

It meant she was attracted to intelligent people.

We both had what was practically the same grade in every class. Me, her, my pimp friend, were all equally dumbasses. But who am I to fault a girl, for wanting someone better than herself.

I will end this solemnly. It became apparent that we attended the same college, only I for Computer science and her for veterinary medicine. Meeting her by chance near an animal club sign up, I discovered the horrific reality that she had become one with a club about women power. And like that, she was finally distant from my mind, and I was free to rest easy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.