[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal Actions against family: Mail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
I am 30 years old with my own home. Everything I can possibly think of, I have changed to my own address, but on account of having the same name and birthday as my father, plus using my parents' address until I was 24, mail sometimes shows up to my parents' place.

My dad is often out of town - but really for only 2-4 days at a time. My mom opens his mail. The problem is, my mom is prone to panic. Today she opened junk mail that made her think I'm $63,000 in credit card debt, and spent the day losing her shit and demanding I show her my accounts. (Not at all true, and I didn't show her.)

I have asked that she no longer opens mail addressed to my dad and I's name, because she will always freak out, and sometimes there might be something I don't want to share with anyone. She's refusing, and saying I must have something to hide.

What legal recourse do I have to report her for opening my mail? How severe will the reprecussions be?
>>
>>17683429
>What legal recourse do I have to report her for opening my mail? How severe will the reprecussions be?
Depending on where you live, it's probably illegal for her to open your/your dad's mail, unless he's told her that she can open his mail. The fact that you share a name is problematic though.

However, the repercussions will probably be next to nothing, and not worth taking it any further. You'd have to show some sort of damage, which there'd probably be none of.
>>
>Share same name
Why the fuck did your parents name you after your dad if you guys have the same birthday? That just sounds so fucking dumb to me. I think there might be a fine
>>
>>17683441

The damage is that she occasionally gets sensitive information intended for me. Presently, it hasn't caused anything more than dramatics, but there's always a chance it could damage my character, give her confidential information, access to my finances, etc.

She's prone to major breaks - she tried to unenroll me from school, she stole my car, she got two of my bank accounts locked... She has a weird desire to control.

>>17683442

Agreed, it's stupid, but they thought it was charming. My dad is a good guy though, no problems sharing his name.
>>
>>17683496
>The damage is that she occasionally gets sensitive information intended for me. Presently, it hasn't caused anything more than dramatics, but there's always a chance it could damage my character, give her confidential information, access to my finances, etc.
That's not really damage though. It'd have to be something like a business deal somehow falling through. At most, you'd get exemplary damages, which would probably be pretty token.
>>
>>17683496
That's cool that you're dad is chill. If your mom gets any access to sensitive info like bank accounts because of the mail, and locks your accounts again, sue the fuck out of her
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.