[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Numba 9.jpg (41KB, 480x473px) Image search: [Google]
Numba 9.jpg
41KB, 480x473px
Can anyone give advice about moving to Canada from United States? I will hopefully move due to health reasons. Besides that im a common white male. Any advice will be very helpful
>>
>>
Choose which province you want to move to and just Google immigration with the province name. I think every province has a website
>>
>>17683422
bumping for selfish reasons, I wanna know too
>>
Go to Ontario

Hard mode: don't go for dual citizenship
Extra hard mode: Never come back
>>
what qualifications do you have? If you want to move there to work you will need to have a job offer from a canadian company, and they will have to prove to the government they did a job search and couldn't find a qualified canadian. So in practical terms you'll have to have an advanced degree and many years of experience in a specialized field. If you wish to move there but aren't going to work you'll need to be able to show the Canadian government that you're wealthy enough that you wont need a job or government assistance to support yourself.

Needless to say its very difficult to move there, the same is true for all first world nations really. Its even harder to move to America.
>>
Don't go to Toronto

That's all the advice you need
>>
They have a website that describes their points system, you have to have a minimum and earn points by things like university degree, career is on the high skilled shortage lisst, can speak french, etc
>>
Health reasons?
The fuck condition you have that a 2 year waitlist will solve?
>>
>>17684136
Debilitating asthma, numerous stomach issues. Bottom line; the US government says I can work around my health issues but real life isnt that black and white. As well as they say I make enough money to be able to afford medication. The two hundred I bring in every other week says otherwise. I have no debt but that is sure soon to change
>>
>>17683964
Thanks for the insight. I filled out a survey to see if I was applicable for an immediate visa or whatever and I did not apply.
>>
File: 1476606527552.jpg (21KB, 387x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476606527552.jpg
21KB, 387x650px
>>17683945
Hope to see you make it Anon. Good luck
>>
>>17684174
why would canada want to take in a drain on its system like you? If you can't work what would you bring to the table?
>>
>>17684201
What about arts? That shit isnt hard and Canada is super left. Can anyone get anything for being an artist or writer or something?
>>
>>17684219
Canada puts a lot of money into promoting the arts, but only CANADIAN arts, its a jobs program. There are however immigration avenues for artists if you can show that you're world renowned in your medium. Do you have many awards and honors for your art?
>>
>>17684342
Definitely not. Will any award do or just the well known stuff?
>>
Is there any way to move there and then try to get a citizenship?
>>
>>17684174
canada wont help you with your problem friendo.

If by some miracle you get perscriptions that actuallly work for you in a timely fashion each and every month, if and when your condition worsens as you age (which it will), your going to be tossed on a waiting list and end up six feet under as a result.

Try pulling up your big boy panties, getting some decent work and securing your own future rather than depending on people who dont give a shit about you to make all the right decisions.

Its going to suck and youll hate every bit of it for the better part of years, but whats more important to you is for you to decide.
A short term or long term solution.
>>
>>17684366
I'm talking Pulitzer or National Medal of Arts tier.
>>
>>17684384
I will certainly duly note this. Before posting this question, I did plenty of studying up. While I still think Canada is a better option, you have a point I cant overlook. My problem is that I cant pick a job off a tree no more than I can pay for my current medical expences. Waiting six moths to see a doctor is better than having to come up with money that just doesnt exist
>>
stay out you disease ridden heathen.
>>
>>17684369
of course there is, but before you can apply for citizenship you have to get residency. Unless you are a refugee these are your options.

1. be wealthy enough that you can show you don't need to work and can afford to pay for healthcare

2. get sponsored by family or a spouse living in the country, note that this will cost tens of thousands of dollars and there is a 5+ year waitlist. You also need to have been married for atleast 3 years before you can be sponsored.

3. get accepted to a canadian university and be able to show that you have the means to pay for tuition and support yourself without needing a full time job (considered to be tuition+$10k/year) note that once you graduate if you don't have the points to apply for citizenship your visa will expire and you'll be forced to leave.
>>
>>17684407
Do you think that will stop me or anyone else? You may hate me but your country will welcome anyone with open arms if they have the pocket change.
>>
>>17684416
there's a very good reason for that though, if they have the money they'll stimulate the economy rather than being a drain on it like you would be.

Instead of trying to abandon your homeland why don't you work to improve it? If you find the state of America's healthcare system deplorable then perhaps you should become a political activist on this issue and work to change it.
>>
>>17684416
lol its funny that you think you know the system. yet you're here on 4chan asking for advice.
unless you qualify as a refugee, or meet the criteria you won't staying here
>>
I live here but I honestly have no advice.

Avoid Toronto it's no fun here except for Summer and Spring.
>>
>>17684451
>>17683971
Whats so bad about Toronto?
>>
As someone who is currently in the process it's not easy. I don't know why people think it's so easy to "move to canada". If you don't have work experience or any qualifications, you basically can't go there for work. The Canadian governments website for immigration stuff is also very confusing as well.
I'm moving for Uni in december so if you have any questions about that I could hopefully help a bit.
>>
>>17685254
I would be interested in hearing whatever youre going through. How did you get a connection through a university? Did you have to go to school where your originally from first. Any little details would be appreciated
>>
>>17685254
>If you don't have work experience or any qualifications, you basically can't go there for work

Are you kidding me right now? You believe that because of this moving to Canada isn't easy?

You can't expect to move ANYWHERE in the world without experience or qualification.

Still moving to Canada - especially when comparing the process/requirements to other countries of the same caliber is a lot easier.

t. German Foreign ministry worker
>>
>>17685827
Moving to a country to study there is usually not seen as immigration and is generally a lot easier - however you don't get to stay post-graduation (generally)
>>
>>17685837
It seems like a work visa is only given to people with work experience in a legitimate field like yours or a doctor for example.
>>
>>17685894
>legitimate field like yours or a doctor for example

Well legitimate can mean lots of things - mainly its about that job or field being in demand and not easy to train people for locally.

No need to import liberal arts majors when you have thousands of those graduating every year, with all of them having a hard time finding suiting jobs.
>>
I mean what did your plan look like for your future?

Do you want to get your education in Canada?

Do you want to move there post graduation?
>>
File: MFW.jpg (379KB, 1235x656px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.jpg
379KB, 1235x656px
>>17683422
fuck off we're full
>>
Only advice I have is that a DUI or even the lowered wet reckless, while a misdemeanor in the US, is considered to be the equivalent of a felony in Canada regardless of how bad it was.

They won't even let me cross the border to visit family there until 5 years after my 3 year probation ends which is a little extreme if you ask me.

Also BC has tons of asians.
>>
>>17683422
bring a winter coat. Toronto is nice but overpriced, live in the greater Toronto area. Its cheaper then Toronto but close enough for you to commute to work
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.