[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gf taking the feminism pill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1473647937608.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473647937608.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
2.5 year relationship, turned to Committed semi-LDR as of last school year during Fall and Spring semester. We see each other at least one day each week, don't go more than two weeks without spending the weekend with each other.

As of lately, she's been taking the feminism pill and believing some of the false rhetoric. How can I fix this?
>>
The pork sword.
>>
File: pepe97.jpg (161KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
pepe97.jpg
161KB, 498x750px
>>17683377
It's been four weeks since she's gotten kebab'd. This generally always helps with spontaneous bitch syndrome.

This goes beyond that. Like, ignorance to information she doesn't like, drawing unrelated anecdotal evidence parallel to real world issues regarding gender, and refusal to divorce emotions from evidence and refutation of facts.

It's not that bad yet, but I see a seed has been planted.
>>
why do you want to fix it? tell her you cant be together with somebody who thinks you're inferior to her. just leave calmly with no drama and with no in depth explanation and watch her world crumble. within 3-5 weeks she will magically cure herself and she will beg you to come back and pound her inferior pussy and show who's her daddy.
>>
File: 1475812918639.jpg (78KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475812918639.jpg
78KB, 766x960px
>>17683405
The goal is to not totally fuck up the relationship.

More just like "this thing is offensive," with the justification being nothing but identity politics.
I need to purge her head of the feminist memes (she thinks the wage gap is real and says that I'm mansplaining when I explain women's habits vs mens. It's very hypocritical because she wants to get a college degree, work for four or five years, be a stay at home mother and homeschool our kids).

There has to be some way to reverse the damage.
>>
>>17683436
you do understand that any pressure put on her will actually work the other way? I never gave you advice how to dump her, but to deliver the message. by doing that you'll actually show her that this shit concerns you. believe me, best cure is being ignored. just remember one thing- shes in her comfort zone right now and any verbal threat wont push her out of it but will actually make her understand that you aint going now-where. Shake her world a little and thats all
>>
File: GWB__1_.jpg (672KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
GWB__1_.jpg
672KB, 600x900px
>>17683460
Seems really drastic, but I'll keep it in mind if things get quote a bit worse. Until then, I need a way to halt or reverse the process. It's not worth leaving her over it, but I personally find it below her to subscribe to the dogma.
>>
>>17683471
would you actually change if you were her? I mean you do understand that resisting others and proving our point is in our nature and any attempt to change her mind will actually rebound?

Leave her be with her feminism and show her that the mindset she has now, wont bring any decency in her life later.
>>
File: 1468131815652.jpg (330KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1468131815652.jpg
330KB, 1500x1500px
>>17683478

I still think she can be saved. I don't even understand why she started this, she legitimately likes women much less than men.

Oh fuck. It might be her suitemate. I have yo kill her.
>>
>>17683494
I never said she cant be saved. I legitimately gave you a decent way to cure her. I'm not interested in breaking you two apart, I gave you advice from my own life. I'm 30 and I've been through many relationships (longest was over 10 years) and I'm actually giving you some decent advice. If you pull that card, remember, dont disappear. distance yourself and observe, and jump back in when you feel its the right time.

9 out of 10 of my GF's meant nothing to me and I literally treated them like nothing after 2-3 months and man you should see them chasing. While she's in her comfort zone, she will be all bitchy and act like the queen, once you knock her down from her throne, shes helpless.
>>
>>17683368

How old is she? A lot of that could be just being young. Young girls are stupid. Young guys are too, but let's be honest, young girls get coddled in life way more than young guys do. When girls enter adulthood, they start drifting further out of their comfort zone and start being exposed to the harsh realities of life. In coping with that, they'll often start feeling victimized, and that will lead to attaching to movements that are validating on some level.

At a certain point, women have to accept that they're not princesses entitled to lives free from stress and adversity, and this usually hits when their looks start to fade. They can become entirely different people in the process.

I say this to pretty much everyone, but date someone close to your age, if not older. Young girls are overrated. They're basically still children until life makes them realize that life isn't this perfect little indie movie with quirky perfect romances where she comes out on top.
>>
The wage gap is real. It's just a lot smaller than the usual ~21% a lot of feminists claim, somewhere between 5% and 8%. Getting a precise figure is pretty hard because it's difficult and complicated to distinguish different career choices (e.g. amount of overtime worked, being less proactive than men in negotiating salaries and seeking promotions) from actual discrimination. There's also cases of genuine discrimination (e.g. mothers are less likely to be hired than childless women) that don't affect the figure itself but arguably provide necessary context to it, since they may well make it more difficult for women to land the jobs they actually want.

Believe it or not, I'm not just being pedantic. I'm trying to make a point -- a lot of what feminists claim is exaggerated, but that doesn't mean their complaints are completely meritless. To give another example, no, it's not true that 1 in 4 college-aged women are raped, not even remotely true and the studies that people cite for that figure are deeply flawed. That doesn't mean that a LOT of women aren't still raped, and even more assaulted, and even more harassed -- generally more in each case than most men are willing to admit.

Obviously you don't have to swallow everything she (or anybody) tells you uncritically, but nothing raises people's hackles more than being told "You're wrong, end of story." It's respectful and frankly smarter to acknowledge it when there's a core truth to what they're saying, while still taking issue with any fudged details or overreaches.

This is assuming she's mature enough to actually engage you in conversation about this shit instead of just spamming you with Tumblr memes. If saying "The wage gap exists, but I've read it's closer to 8% than 21%" is enough to get her yelling at you about "mansplaining", then your problem isn't that you're dating a feminist, it's that you're dating a little kid.
>>
>>17684030

I can't really agree with you more.

For instance, she couldn't believe that I use public bathrooms on occasion.
She told me that I should just hold it because that's nasty.
She doesn't realize that sometimes you don't have the option, like when I had 14 hour shifts.

Just general lack of any semblance to hardships outside of studying for school.
>>
>>17684119

She believes that it's larger than the realistic 3-5% that has been evaluated at.
My point of bringing it up wasn't only to show that she is gullible when it comes to lies like this, but also hypocritical. She expects to enter a job with males at the same position, quit in four to five years to have children, and be paid exactly the same after she returns.

She believes the 1 in 5 statistic, and doesn't want to listen when I explain that it's a flawed system. She doesn't want me to know that she believes it, but I've overheard conversations. I, myself, was sexually assaulted as a child by someone close to me, and she doesn't take it nearly as seriously as I do.

Just the other day, we were having a hypothetical conversation of what would happen if we left the country for a short period of time. I informed her that she would lose her scholarships, but I would keep mine because of different circumstances, and that it would be okay because my degree would be more important. She got very upset that I said that, and I explained to her that if she's only working four or five years that she can't pay off a mortgage or raise children, and that all of the weight is on me. She went off on me and told me how sexist it was that I demeaned her education because she's a woman, but it took literally two hours of explaining for her to realize that it's because my degree would create more assets and that's why it's more important.

With certain subjects, she just blocks out what I have to say. I realized that she's still growing up a while ago. Last year, she threw a fit when I didn't want to go to a party with her, so she said that she's going without me if I don't come. Of course I went with her, and she got so drunk that she threw up on me and I had three friends babysit her for the next few hours.
>>
>>17684153
3% is pretty low relative to what all the studies I'm familiar with have claimed! I'm curious where you got that figure, but that's neither here nor there. I'm sorry to hear about your history of sexual assault; in my opinion casting that mainly as a women's issue is one of feminism's main failings.

From what you've written, I stand by what I wrote above, that your girlfriend's main problem isn't that she's getting into feminism, it's that she's just not very mature yet. She's not emotionally or intellectually ready to handle arguments or disagreements. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do about that. As the anon above wrote, the only thing for it is wait until she grows up a little. It's obviously up to you whether you stick around that long, but if you do, best of luck.
>>
>>17684153
>>17684119

Similarly, on my senior prom night, there was another incident. She's a year older than I am, so she was already in college. We had been together for over a year and a half. Anyway, after prom, when she was back at my house and going to the bathroom before sex, I decided to take a peek through her phone. I saw that she posted on one of those anonymous chatboard apps about how she wanted to flirt with other men and was asking random people what they thought. Oh course, she disagreed with everyone until someone agreed with her, and then she basically said a lot of bad shit about me. At the time, I was taking a few dual credit courses and making the most out of my high school academic wise, yet I was somehow like a child because "sometimes she has to repeat herself" and "that makes her feel like a parent." I was honestly shocked. I told her what I found and she lied about it and tried to hide the phone from me. I told her that if she didn't hand it back that we were done right then and there.

She tries to justify wanting to flirt because "she can't make friends otherwise" and kept making up lies. Eventually she came clean and cried until 7 in the morning and begged me not to leave her. I almost did, and I realistically should have. Nothing like that has happened since, but just talking about it makes me want to reevaluate the entire relationship.

Fuck. Why am I doing this.
>>
>>17684186

The five to three percent is the eight to five percent figure, except accounting for benefits that are available to women at a higher basis than men, which increases their employment's net value.
>>
This was new information for her, and it's shocked her. Wait a bit for it to settle in her head, and then challenge her views when she becomes less emotional about it. She will listen to you much more then than now. Until then just be decent with her and make sure she thinks about you differently than other men.
>>
>>17684119
This. If you disagree with every feminist thing she says all of the time, you will just antagonize her. Instead of saying ''the wage gap isn't real'' just listen to her. Ask questions out of curiosity. Trap her a bit with those questions, but not to prove her wrong, just to encourage her to think it through further and look it up herself. You're not her thought police.

>>17684153
You did demean her. You litterally said ''my education is more important than yours''. While it seems like it will be true financially, there's other reasons for education to be important to someone. You really don't need to crush her hopes and dreams because your pursuit has ''more assets''.
>>
>>17684275

The situation was based off of the fact that she would have to drop out if college in order to move and simply couldn't afford to attend if she lost scholarships. I stated that it's more important that I get mine regardless, as I would be the provider.

The fact of the matter remains, the only reason to go to college is to get employed. If it takes five years to get a degree and five years until you stop working, then you could have made the same amount of money if you just worked a GED job. She could go to clown college for all that it matters, because unless she's starting off making a shit ton of money, it's not going to pay off the expenses of college by any considerable amount. It's nothing more than a frivilous desire.
>>
>>17684189
You are weak.

Start fucking other girls. The moment you don't rely on one, you can see the feminism float away.

I'm seeing an Apple vegan feminist. I cooked for her first time she came over, despite saying before that she would cook (I was away for a long time and I forgot), but no problem. Next time she demanded I'd cook. Obviously I said no.

I cancelled dates with her, stopped seeing her for over a week since (it's been 5 months) and now what? She cooks for me, is asking to see me more and even though she's agreed to be non exclusive (actually I made her suggest that), guess what she wants? She even tried to complain twice now that she wants the boy/girl happily ever after! Well, I said I'm only for polygamous relationships and I'm still in there.

They're only feminists if you allow them to be. Be a man!
>>
>>17684275
In addition, on what basis is five years of working more important than working until retirement?

>>17684304
Ever since then, I always kept my mind open for other women. It's been almost a year since then and I've seemingly forgotten. I'm going to talk with her about this again, and there's a good chance that I'll walk

Also, it's not that I can't get women, it's just that I don't find many women to be of girlfriend material. She was an innocent virgin when we got together, but you're right, I let things get too comfy.
>>
>>17684299
I don't want you to dump the transcript of your 2 hour long argument over this.

What I am telling you is that, your logic is all clear financially. But there are other elements at play. And you refuse to aknowledge them. You dismiss them as frivolous!
You're being condescending to your girlfriend and you wonder why she turns to feminism.
>>
>>17684321
You're being a bit dense. I never said that ''five years of working more important than working until retirement'' nor the contrary. I'm saying it does not matter which is most important to you, her education is important to her and you should respect that... There's no financial gain by reading books, learning an instrument, traveling etc. The purpose is for enjoyment of one's life.
>>
It really depends on a country you're living in. In mine we have like 400+ careers legally banned for women (explanation is 'oh we need to care about your reproductive health no matter what, and you can't work there if you're already infertile as well). And in reality it turns out woman can operate trams and trolleys, which includes them climbing up cleaning the machine, but they can't operate subway trains, where they don't have to clean the the train themselves, and subway train drivers get about X1.5-x2 the salary tram drivers have. In both cases you generally have no prerequisites other than health, and you get a driver license education with a scholarship during your studies, so it's not about 'women being weaker (weak won't pass the medical requirements)' or 'women don't have the education needed' (since it's provided for candidates), it's really about state not giving women the freedom to decide for themselves. Also it's hypocritical cause they literally tell that they value female reproductive system more.

If a guy would tell me "we don't really need your feminism"... Well, we do now, and in my country this is really important, so it's a deal-breaker for me.

I also don't really agree with your 'you're going to be a home stay mom' argument. Yes, she does, but it's her choice, and at some places women don't have that choice. I believe she also wants a better future for her daughters, family members etc in case they will decide to choose a competitive career path.
>>
>>17684341
She's the one who wants to work for a few years after spending five years at college, then quit to become a mother, and then take some uncompetitive job. This was all agreed to by her terms. I never told her to do anything, and I said that I would gladly work for the both of us, and is why I'm going to college.

>>17684335
It's honestly a waste to go to college and not use it for a career. But, comparatively, I don't have the privilege of not having to work.

>>17684327
I may have been condescending, but none of it was due to her gender.
>>
>>17684387
Her decision to be stay-at-home-mom doesn't mean she's not entitled to share feminist point of view in any way, and you're basically using your common decision in every single argument — things _you_ agreed with.

Also how can she can decently homeschool someone with no degree? That's just one of the reasons a degree would be useful for her
You also may die or get sick, and then a degree would help her to get better job while raising your kids, getting decent education is a nice way to invest, it pays off in long term
>>
>>17683394
You need to dick her super hard and remind her who's in control

Every "feminist" would go back to normal if they got a really good dicking. That's why they're all fat and ugly, they can't get dick.
>>
>>17683368
leave.

there is no fix.
>>
>>17684153
Have you ever told her you were assaulted like that?
>>
>>17685742
It honestly wasn't that big of a deal. I didn't realize what was going on. I'm not going to throw a fit over it.

>>17684519
My point was that my education would be NEEDED to support her lifestyle while her's can otherwise be negated. It's not that it isn't important to her, but it's not nearly as important to her as what mine will do for her.
>>
>>17686203
>I'm not going to throw a fit over it.
what I mean is, that might lend some credence to your side of the argument for her
but if it "wasn't that big of a deal" I think I'm misunderstanding the situation (or maybe you're in denial)
>>
>>17686822
I meant that I'm not hung up about it.

But yes, I've told her. However, it's entirely unrelated to whatever crime rate she wants to believe in. Going by the rape rate of the week on buzzfeed, it's 1 in 4, yet the DOJ statistics state 1 in 42. Clearly, it's somewhere between these two, likely 1 in 27 if I had to guess.
>>
>>17684030
>young girls get coddled in life way more than young guys do.

I don't really think so in such a broad sense.
Plenty of people love their sons more than their daughters and would cater to them more.
>>
Emotional arguments do not exist in opposition to logical ones, they exist underneath them.

Once you figure this shit out, women are generally pretty easy.
>>
>>17687182
I disagree entirely.

Women constantly rely on men to do hard work. Fuck, dude, just look at how many women don't know how to change tires just because they know a man will do it for them.
>>
>>17687208

I guess I've just had/seen some pretty different experiences since I've seen a lot of favouritism towards boys. I haven't really thought about women just letting men do stuff for them because they know a man will do it, but because they're weaker than men.
>>
>>17687215
If a woman can't muster the strength take off a lug nut and lift a tire, she should not breed. How useless can a person be?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.