[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Health. Today i was diagnosed with depression and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: fuck.jpg (30KB, 427x384px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
30KB, 427x384px
Mental Health.
Today i was diagnosed with depression and the doctor recipe me Sertraline 50m.
So anybody has taken this med, you can tell some experiences, a piece of advice, etc. I'm a little afraid to take this kind of drug, but i really want to feel no more depressed. thanks in advance.
>>
>>17682902
Hi there. I went through the same dose with Zoloft a year and a half ago.
The first two weeks I had insomnia, lethargy, and weird night terrors due to trembling and other extrapyramidal effects. Also a fucked up sleeping schedule that had me taking naps throughout the day. In order to help with the insomnia I also took 2 drops of Haloperidol at night. No dreams of any kind during the first month. I was also unable to drive because I didn't felt focused enough to drive safely (this is on the meds' instruction sheet too)

After a while it slowly began to stabilize and I noticed the positive effects of the meds, namely the ability of focusing more on certain things and being able to detach oneself from traumatic or violent situations. Basically being able to not take everything to heart all the time. Suicidal thoughts were kept at bay thanks to this. I still had situational panic attacks during the months after I started treatment, but the randomized attacks that came out of nowhere also stopped.

It's normal to be afraid to take meds like this because western society has a heavy stigma against it. But it's no different than a person with diabetes taking insulin. We need the medicine to function adequately day to day.

When you begin, you really can feel the way the pills affect your brain, it's a totally different sensation than an aspirine.
But it's absolutely worth it at the end. Just remember to take note of any side effects and keep your doctor updated with your progress. If after 6 months you don't notice any positive changes it's okay to ask for a different type of meds (most docs like to increase the dose but idk)

I do hope you get better soon anon, I'm rooting for you.
>>
>>17683311
OP here, thanks a lot bro, i really appreciate your help and time to write to me, I'm gonna do my best. Thanks again.
>>
>>17683354
literally same thing as the first Anon said, I had the same dose and it was hard until maybe 2-3 weeks in. I had insomnia, switching to taking it in the morning or evening didn't help, sleep paralysis, weird dreams, makes you so fucking tired but I had a solid week of no depression and didn't even realize at first I had no suicidal thoughts, no sadness, just the ability to do this and feel ok. this feeling wore off though, and I was left with the side affects and went off this drug eventually. took 2+ months to get my sleep back to normal.
>>
>>17683354
Good luck with everything!

btw I forgot to mention: Don't skip the meds. Maybe if you forget to take them one day is fine, but if you skip 3+ days or go full cold turkey you're going to feel like shit, just don't do it trust me just don't.

>>17683746
Yeah the same happened to me and I had to switch to different meds. But I kinda miss the Zoloft. The first months were amazing.
>>
I feel like a great majority of 4chaners have depression...every time im on here i think (yep...these are MY kind of people)
>>
Hey OP, I'm kind of on a similar boat as you

It's been about 3 months of Zoloft popping every damn day, and no results, but I'm taking it for anxiety and depression (but mostly anxiety), and honestly, this little pill right here has done absolutely nothing for me except make things worse

I've never contemplated suicide as bad as I have when I started taking this pill, I get a "rush" of negative emotions at random times and just get an urge to kill myself, but I try and fight through it or drown it out with some THC or a nice Nicotine headrush

I've even unironically cut myself because of this damn pill, although I won't lie, I find myself talking to people a LITTLE (emphasis on a little) more, but it's something

I've experienced no major side effects except a major increase in acne, and a little bit of weight loss (5 pounds max), and a little bit of vivid dreams here and there

I hope you pull through it OP, best of luck to you

Just sharing my experience with this drug
>>
Yo OP, do yourself a huge favor and stick to the medication. Don't decide that you "feel better" after months and stop taking the medication. I've got myself into some fucking nightmarish situations with stopping cold turkey on meds.
>>
>>17683961
>>17683824
The advice about taking them is really important, I agree entirely.

Also good to keep in mind that medication alone isn't treatment. It's to help you improve, but you need to be doing therapy and preferably exercising (harvard has done studies showing it helps, I can link if anyone's interested).

>>17683839
Like one third of people or something similar have had depressive episodes at some point in their lives, I wouldn't say more than one third of people do here. Not much more at least.

You have to remember that there's a lot of underage people here too, who like to exaggerate everything to insane proportions.

Based on the way you're going "Depressed people are MY people", and defining yourself by your illness, I wouldn't be surprised if you're quite young as well, though I'm not making an underage accusation or anything dumb like that.

It's easy to come here and vent when everything seems terrible, which happens to everyone at some point, so it seems like everyone's constantly struggling massively.
>>
I Ain't no doc' But i'd proscribe you my friendship and some good ol'mary jane.
>>
>>17682902
I fucking hated it. I started having so much more REM sleep, so I'd have vivid dreams, wake up several times throughout the night, and in the morning I'd be exhausted.
I went off it after a month.
Still depressed though.
>>
>>17684001
Oops. Sorry for the name guys. Ignore that. Forgot to delete that.
>>
>>17684001
You realise that it can take a few weeks for side effects like that to subside, and that you should take it for at least 6 weeks before you say if it works, right?

Unless it's so severe you can't function or something, every medication has a list of side effects you should stop immediately for.
>>
>>17684012
I couldn't handle the stress from it, and my dad was pressuring me to get off it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.