[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with Smokers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 171.jpg (108KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
171.jpg
108KB, 500x321px
I'm in college and smokers hang out right outside my dorm. The smell gets into my room, which is nasty af.

I've asked them to move, they won't. It's against university policy, but the RA is never around to enforce it. I've literally dragged the chairs they sit in 500 ft to another dorm lawn and they drag them right back.

What can I do to get rid of them? Douse the ground in gasoline so when they throw the butts down they go up in flames?
>>
Just keep reporting it to the university.
>>
I would get some friends and throw water balloons at them. Does the smell go through closed windows?
>>
>>17682706
1. Close your window while they're smoking.
2. Stop being such a faggot. This is part of living in close quarters with other people, sometimes they're going to do things you don't like. You don't have the right to control their behavior just because you don't like it.
>>
>>17682974

smoker detected

theres a reason why that shit is against the rules
>>
>>17683021
Or someone who doesn't live in America. Not all places have the same rules.
>>
File: 1466497163598.jpg (12KB, 320x337px) Image search: [Google]
1466497163598.jpg
12KB, 320x337px
>>17683021

>smoker detected

Ok, listen you fucking crybaby, let me break it down.

Firstly, college dorm sucks. It stinks, its crowded, people party, people smoke, people throw up in the showers and fart in the hallways. There is a certain amount of discomfort that you have to accept living with a bunch of douche bags.

Its a part of college and millions of people in the history of the world have had to endure the same exact bullshit you are right now so drop the attitude because you're not special.

Little tip for the real world; don't get your panties into a bunch just because someone gives you advice you don't want to hear. It makes you look weak and stupid.

Secondly, the BEST way to make sure everyone on the campus knows you're a giant faggot is by being a snitch. Not only will people start going out of their way to make your life uncomfortable you'll find yourself sitting in your stinky dorm every weekend by yourself because no one wants to hang out with the cry baby snitch that runs to the R.A. because some shit smelled bad.

Close your windows. Stop being a bitch. Start crying about "the rules" all over the place and everyone will make sure your life is a living hell for the rest of your stay at the dorms.
>>
>>17683048
>Adult in college
>Caring about what other people think about you
>Being friends with people who care about snitching

Report them and move on with your life. Dorm mates will literally have less of an impact on your life than your high school friends.
>>
>>17683048
Don't be such an apathetic piece of shit, I'm not OP, but I have a similar problem, I have severe asthma and get fucked up easily by smoke, you don't know how badly smoke can affect certain people's health.

>>17683062
this.
University is not high school, you are an adult, you accepted the place's rules, if you cannot follow them, then you get problems.
>>
>>17683062

>thinks college aged people are adults

Yeah, I do care what other people think about me when I have to live within 15 feet of them for an entire school year. You can't just lob out "I DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT ME" and claim that to be a universal variant because it isn't.

I care what my boss thinks of me. I care what my landlord thinks of me. I care what a judge thinks of me when I go to court. Everyone does because they have to, numbnuts.

Picking your battles is a very important part of life. OP has to decide what is worse; dealing with a little smoke smell every once and awhile or living in an entire building of people who hate him. Thats not a ridiculous choice.

"Report and move on" doesn't even make any sense because you don't get to move on. You live with them. There is no moving on. You're stuck there and have to deal with the aftermath of your decision.

>>17683065

>I'm not OP, but I have a similar problem

Well I was talking to OP, not you. OP stated no medical issues or other reasons for his discomfort other than he didn't like the smell.

He also responded like a baby when someone postulated that maybe dealing with a bit of discomfort is a part of living in close quarters with a lot of people.

If OP had created a thread saying "People smoke next to my dorm window and its really fucking with my medical condition, what do?" my advice would of been different.
>>
Slather honey on parts of the chairs before you know they come
Drop water balloons on them and get rid of all evidence
Put a fan at your window

>>17683048
>filthy frank reaction image
>literally triggered smokerfag
Please kill yourself. OP's dorm clearly has a policy against smoking, which he and those smokers signed an agreement about, and if the place he's living at doesn't expectations due to a violation of those rules, he's perfectly in the right to do something about it.

>>17683048
>>
>>17683048
>bring in dog
>against the rules
>let him shit all over the hallway
>ok wow man you need get over it, it's college
>>
>>17683206
Do what this guy said. Drop food on them, just annoy them so they move, they're debliterely coming back so make it annoying for them.
Also you could report them and ignore what this faggot says >>17683098
>>
>>17682706
OP you're a faggot. Just fucking deal with it.

I remember this kid used to complain about the smoke so we gathered by his windows (he was on the first floor) and just lit up all night.
>>
gotta hit them with the pic related OP

take note of >>17683232

not everyone's gonna conform to you cause you ask nicely sometimes you gotta beat the shit out of smokers
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 263x191px
>>17683253
forgot the picture how silly of me
>>
>>17683218
when I was in college some guy moved into one of my friend's rooms because he knew one of my friends roommates. He brought his dog with him and the guy and the dog both slept under the roommates bed and paid rent in wax. Was pretty weird to walk into an empty room and see someone crawl out from under the bed with their dog.
>>
>>17682706
Get an air freshener. If they won't move, they wont.
>>
Get a bowl, pour some vinegar in it..It soaks up the smell of smoke really good. Also set up hidden cam and report to Uni.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.