[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for baked chicken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So I just began cooking this summer when I moved into my new place by myself (roommates moved in August). I'm pretty lazy, so I've kept to making very simple and quick things like Baked Chicken. But apparently I'm really bad at this. For a while, I made some consistently good chicken, but at some point that stopped and its been coming out not so great recently. I don't know what I'm doing different. Hoping to get some advice.
So I just made some. I cook for myself, and I don't like storing chicken, so I make it plate at a time--1 to 2 breasts. This one I put 1.5 chicken breasts on a cookie tray covered in foil sprayed with cooking spray. I get my breasts from Wal-Mart, in frozen bags by 2.5 or 5 lbs.
I put them in for 10 minutes at 450 (preheated already), and then pulled them out to quickly put my dry seasonings on them. I put them back in for another 10 minutes, then pulled out the smaller breast. It didn't taste quite right. Cut into the other one to see its progress, still very pink inside. Put it back in for 5, still not done, then another 5. Still didn't seem perfectly done, but it wasn't pink anymore. Didn't taste right.
I've also had the occasional problem of pulling them out of the oven and the smoke from the oven set off my fire alarm in the next room. I don't know if this is because the window and other door happened to be closed, if I legit did something wrong, or what. In my ignorance, I have decided that it was due to lack of water in there from de-frosting the chicken, which is why I put it in frozen. I realize that takes longer, but its worked before.
Does anyone have any advice on how to make consistently good chicken or how to prevent the smoke alarms? I'll admit that living in fear of that going off for no reason doesn't help my cooking. Thanks.
>>
You said you put them in the oven frozen right? Whenever I have chicken I first move it from the freezer to the fridge a day before, and then let it sit on the counter top to thaw a few hours before I cook it.
>>
Unfortunately, I'm way too lazy to do that kind of prep. I've read that cooking it like 50% longer is good enough to make up the difference.
>>
>>17682610
Don't bake frozen chicken, thaw first. Also, your cooking it at too high a temp. That is a good way to dry it out. Bake at 375 for 30mins.
>>
>>17682643
Well if you are going to cook it longer you need to use a lower temp like >>17682644 said.
>>
>>17682643
You're always going to have crap chicken then...also why by frozen in the first place? Fresh chicken will be tastier.
>>
>>17682647

It seems to be much cheaper this way. I'm a poor college, so I can't buy fresh too much.

I'll definitely try lowering the temperature next time. Didn't realize I should lower the temp + extend time. I'm no chief, but it seems like they'd cancel each other out.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.