[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do in Japan to fill up about 2 weeks? I have about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1438416305650.png (131KB, 479x738px) Image search: [Google]
1438416305650.png
131KB, 479x738px
What can I do in Japan to fill up about 2 weeks?

I have about that much time alone to explore where ever I want.
I'm already going to touristy places in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto with friends, including:

TOKYO
- shopping places like shibuya, harajuku
- mt fuji
KYOTO
- major shrines like kiyomizudera, kinkakuji
- nara
OSAKA
- dotonbori
>>
Check the Japan General in /trv/
>>
File: 20161013_174853.jpg (242KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
20161013_174853.jpg
242KB, 1753x986px
>>17681845
I just got back from a 6 week trip to Japan.
Are you looking for specific things to do or places to go or both?
>>
>>17681856
Thanks, didn't even know that board existed.

>>17681858
Both. Am a bit lost on how to fill my time after I've been to those major cities.
>>
File: Jpn.png (25KB, 856x655px) Image search: [Google]
Jpn.png
25KB, 856x655px
>>17681861
He's part of my schedule. After my rail pass expired I spent the rest of my time in Tokyo where I honestly could have spent the whole 6 weeks.
If you only have 2 weeks I recommend Hiroshima/Miyajima and if you have the money Takaragawa onsen along with the places you already have listed. Nachi falls is worth looking up too.
>>
>>17681915
Oh just noticed I worded my post badly. I'm spending 2 weeks with my friends at the locations I wrote above, and then I have 2 weeks to myself.
I'll check out the cities you had in your calendar, I assume major things to do there are easily google-able?
>>
File: Nachi.jpg (376KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
Nachi.jpg
376KB, 1753x986px
>>17681931
I see. Also check out Gujo and Shirakawa. Those were on my list but I wasn't able to make it.
I would go into detail about what I did but in most those places we ran into random small festivals or other travelers that we hung out with.
>>
Been studying in Osaka prefecture for the past two months. Here's my recommendations.

Kinkaku-ji is a tourist trap and honestly not that impressive once you get up close. Ginkaku-ji is dank af though.

If you want to climb Fuji, I'm sorry to tell you that it's closed for the season because it's gotten too cold. If you want to go there and look at the mountain though that's obviously fine.

Kyoto has 17 World Heritage Sites total, there's a fuckton of sightseeing to do there. Do a google search to find em all and figure out which ones you'd like to go to. I'd highly recommend Byodoin Temple in Uji which is in the southeastern part of Kyoto. It's on the 10 yen coin. Easy enough to get to, hope on the Keihan Line and transfer at Chushojima to the Uji Line.

Tenri in Kyoto is also stunning and a building owned by Tenrikyo, which is an odd Japanese new religion. It's not Shinto or Buddhist, so it's a nice change in architectural style.

If going to Osaka, Dotonburi is a must see for sure. Den Den Town is closeby to there as well, and is basically Osaka's version of Akihabara. I like it a lot more than Akihabara, it's a lot easier to find things there and the levels of weeaboo are so much more tolerable. Make sure to hit up takoyaki and okonomiyaki in the Dotonburi area. That shit is Osaka soul food/specialties. Just make sure you don't get tourist trapped into having to pay a bunch for it. Hit a stand for takoyaki, I've gotten 12 of them for as cheap as 200 yen.

If you're in the Kyoto/Osaka area, take a day trip to Nara. You can get there from Tanbabashi Station in Kyoto, it's maybe a 45 minute - 1 hour train ride each way. There's a park full of wild deer that bow to you if you bow to them, a wonderful primeval forest that houses an awesome Shinto shrine (Kasuga Taisha) and an amazing daibutsu (giant buddha statue) that is really worth seeing. I believe the Buddha is also housed in the world's largest wooden building, so that's something cool too.
>>
>>17681959
Thanks!
See >>17681931 , I'm open to visiting places off the beaten path too if you can recommend anywhere else.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.