[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emotions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1449210700863.jpg (23KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
1449210700863.jpg
23KB, 500x571px
How do I show emotion normally?
I never seem to feel the correct emotions when dealing with touchy subjects or I just feel nothing.
Some examples

I remember in high school one of my friends was cutting herself which I didn't know and saw her scars then joked about them which pissed her off then I laughed at her and that got her even angrier. In retrospect though she was a bit of a nutjob.

I have the same problem when people die, I don't know how to react, most of the time I feel nothing and kind of try to force sadness so people don't think I'm strange. When my grandpa died when I was around 10 I just kind of thought "okay?"
Again, in high school a classmate died and I didn't feel a thing. It was weird cause I wouldn't see her anymore but I just never really cared.

I also don't know how to comfort people. If I see them crying and they tell me why I never know what to do next, why would I say I'm sorry when I'm obviously not the issue or to blame. I just don't know what to do.

It's also not that I feel emotions, I do care about stuff like there's that movie about a dog who's owner dies and that's pretty depressing. I can get angry, annoyed, happy, or whatever just never when it's difficult subjects envolving people.

Sorry for the long post.
>>
You are not only one OP
>>
File: 1476466280080.gif (2MB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
1476466280080.gif
2MB, 500x459px
>how do i show emotions. You do it through memes.
>>
>>17682579
Fuck, I never thought of that.
>>
>>17681419

>I'm sorry

As in "I'm sorry you're going thru this".

Also, you probably didn't like your grandpa/school mate, and that's fine. Not every grandpa/schoolmate out there is worth crying for.
>>
>>17682924
But I'm not really "sorry" most of the time. The few times I have said sorry it always feels incredibly forced.
Even if I'm not sorry I should probably just say it to make them feel better I guess.

I think I wasn't upset about my grandpa because he was overseas and I never saw him a lot in person, but my classmate sat in front of me in quite a few of my classes, we weren't great friends but we talked a lot, we were friendly with each other and I think we enjoyed each others company.
>>
>>17682952

>Even if I'm not sorry I should probably just say it to make them feel better I guess.

That's the idea.

It's like when someone greets you like "Hey anon, how are you doing?" Do you tell them how miserable you are? No, you say, "fine, and you?". That's it.

And dude, I used to see my grandpa every summer/holiday, and I didn't shed a tear when he died. It's okay. Stop trying to force abnormality upon yourself. We are not all alike.
>>
>>17682992
>It's like when someone greets you like "Hey anon, how are you doing?"
I like that comparison, thank you for the advice!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.