[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes you happy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1476724080600.jpg (78KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
1476724080600.jpg
78KB, 500x598px
More of a curious survey than asking for advice, but I figured it could fit here.

What self produced thing makes you happy? What is your internal source of happiness? What keeps you going?
>Something you do
>Something about you
>etc.

Posting these because I don't want "Him/her" answers. What about YOU makes you happy?

Example. I'm 20, and one thing that makes me happy is playing piano. I'm only a few months in, and relatively shit at it, but I can play a few beautiful songs that surprises people when I tell them I've only been playing a few months.

Whenever life has me stressed (A moderate amount) it washes away when I start playing.

What about you guys?
>>
playing bitchin guitar solos
>>
>>17681238
Nothing can make you happy
Happiness doesn't come from doing a single arbitrary thing, a happy person is happy doing anything because he works well and is able to fill fulfillment and peace
If you are not happy right now it means you are broken
You can't fix being broken by getting a ton of money or working twice as hard or studying more or picking a hobby or spending more times with friends
You are like a glass with a hole in the bottom you can fill it all you want but all the water goes away as soon as you stop
>>
File: 1415139037953.jpg (11KB, 300x342px) Image search: [Google]
1415139037953.jpg
11KB, 300x342px
>>17681238
Autonomy, mastery, purpose, love
>>
>>17681238
I'm a drawfag, so the only thing that I'm more or less skilled in is drawing. So when I feel like shit, I just doodle mindlessly about my feelings.
>>
I'm a happy person in general, but if I had to say one thing that makes me happy it's knowing and feeling that I'm progressing doing things I want to do, which include working and studying
>>
Going to sleep. Sleeping in general.
Life is just terrible. People aren't meant to be happy and none of them are.
It's all a big meme.
>>
>>17681268
>a happy person is happy doing anything
Nonsense. Plenty of happy people end up stuck doing things that don't make them happy. People enjoy different things. People are often happy when they do the things they love
>>
I write music and ghostwrite. It's always a good feeling to see comments under youtube videos with people talking about how a song of mine has gotten them through hard times.
>>
>>17681238
Video games.
Blankets.
Ear rubs.
The warmth of a hair dryer gathering up inside a bathrobe while the cold from after taking a shower still clings to me.
>>
I'm happy to exist, it's a gift.

I have all this time to do whatever I so please in this vast world, none of it really matters in the end because we're all going to eventually end up as the very dirt we tread on. I can lead my life in whatever manner I see fit. I can breath, feel warmth, the cool breeze on my skin, listen to music, love another person and receive love. There are so many things to do and in the end all that really matters is that you did things you wanted to do. Wealth, fame, power and the other trappings of society have no real meaning besides what you assign to them.
>>
>Something about you

Well OP let me tell you where I came from: I used to be an angsty, depressed teen.

Then I moved out of my home town, to go to university. I had no idea what I wanted my future to look like, I wandered around purposeley with flings of depressed/apathic states.

Slowly it started to turn around. I got a couple of friends, started playing sports and actually enjoyed the subject I study.

Now I am happy with who I am, and know what I want. It took quite some time to refine my character in something that is overal positive from the angsty and depressed state.

So all of this has tought me the following: What makes me happy, is having friends with whom I can connect, I enjoy what I study and love learning about it, and sports make me feel good when I see that I progress. I still dont know what I want out of life so that does not count in my hapiness equation.
>>
I don't know anymore. I haven't been happy in a long time.
>>
File: AOiZjBO.jpg (83KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
AOiZjBO.jpg
83KB, 640x434px
Talking to her.
>>
Hanging out/talking with friends
Playing with pets and animals
Watching my favorite shows
When there's no stress
>>
Developing a game.

It takes my mind off things and it just makes me happy to fantasize about how it would look like, watching it grow and then comparing both my vision and the end result.
>>
>>17681238
>winning a game of league of legends

Pretty much it these days, and I am a self sufficient adult with a career, steady girlfriend, and nice things.
>>
I played so much Danganronpa games that I developed the same kind of affection to despairing things as some characters in the games...

Haven't had any negative feelings in 2 years so I would say "whatever floats your boat" is perfect for this
>>
>>17681238

im the kind of guy who just has a lot of fun on his own. i can go to the movies, or the beach or even to a theme park and just have fun on my own.

but the fulfilment side comes from projects. I started making web content in middle school, and now i work on short films and more web series.
>>
>>17681238
Hey OP, musicalfag here.

Music is my number 1 source of happiness.

Been playing piano more than ten years now, and I fucking love it. I find whenever I'm feeling like shit just sitting down and mashing out some chords cheers me up.

If you're at a reasonable standard, I'd recommend playing in a band or just with someone else. Music is so much better enjoyed when you're not playing alone.

Stick with the piano, because once you get to the point where you can hear a song and start playing along without having learned it, it's a feeling like no other. Except maybe fapping.
>>
I don't know anymore, i'm only happy when im drunk lately, i can't seem to reignite the spark i used to have, wish i knew how to get it back
>>
File: 8KtYUht.jpg (90KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
8KtYUht.jpg
90KB, 500x514px
>puppies
>kittens
>any cute baby animal basically
I think a big part of it is the innocence of them.
Fuck human babies tho
>>
File: 1476549024067.gif (2MB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1476549024067.gif
2MB, 400x303px
>>17682841

Same. I don't do it often but I feel lively, emotional and happy when a slight buzz is present. Usually if I get home in time I'll start to draw, write down ideas for comics or hit up friends/online buddies to play games I used to be burnt out on.

I only do psychedelics once a year but each time it has the same after-effect where I suddenly feel reinvigorated and in touch with my emotions or creative side.

Otherwise, in my daily life, I just feel like my emotions are a tiny needle ever so slightly bobbing up and down, barely noticeable. I never feel truly happy and never really sad. I just am.
>>
>>17681238
>Getting jerked/sucked off by a hot stripper
>Seeing my friends
>Playing video games with said friends
>Seeing bands in concert
>Traveling
>Eating a delicious meal

Yup.
>>
>Lifting
>Writing music
>Shitpost on 4chan
>Watch wrestling
>Hanging out with friend (depending on my introvert levels)
>>
>>17681238
>What self produced thing makes you happy? What is your internal source of happiness? What keeps you going?
About 6 years back I was miserable and decided to take up martial arts.
I researched and found that my town had a club with the then world champion and previous world champions all training there, so I signed up.
I ate better and trained 4 nights a week, sparring hurt a lot, I had loads of bruises and some days I felt more like a moving punch bag for the others, I had some nights where I'd get home from training and cry because I felt I wasn't getting anywhere, like I was paying to get battered.
Then one day something made sense in it and I got much, much better.
I was getting letters from the governing body for the discipline inviting me to events and tournaments
Before I knew it I was competing in the Nationals, then the European championships.
Now I'm competing in the world championships, I've placed every time but never came first.

I get home from training and am happy to be covered in bruises, I put my mind to something and am now in the world championships, we're not talking of a pool of many many people entering, we're talking only those who have won at international levels being invited.
I'm happy because I went from a total fucking loser to someone who has represented their country on the world stage, people actually think I'm interesting and have life experience.
All I do is fight people and get my ass kicked 4 nights a week (5 nights a week leading up to competitions)
>>
>>17681238
Serotonin.
>>
>>17681307
Go see a doctor mate, might be a chemical imbalance in your brain.

Do you live in a sunny location? Vitamin D deficiency can lead to depression, consider taking Vitamin D supplements, type 3 not 2, type 2 are bad.

Go gym mate, lifting will help you mentally and physically.

Oversleeping is a symptom of depression.
>>
>>17683067
Im happy for you, continue growing man!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.