[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an idiot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-10-06-04-25-52.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-06-04-25-52.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
I missed the deadline for graduation this semester by over a week and feel like the biggest fucking moron for it. I didn't think there would be a deadline at all, I just figured, "Do it before December and you're fine." Then I went ahead and tried to get the ball rolling on it earlier today, and found out that I couldn't. I wanted to puke. God I'm a dumbass. Tomorrow I'm going to talk to my advisor and PRAY that there's something I can do about it. My parents are going to be so pissed if (or when) they find out about this, I might even get kicked out over this dumb shit. All because of something that probably would have taken a couple hours to do, at most.

I'll do extra paperwork or petition the registrar for it or pay a fee or whatever, I don't care. But, if there's absolutely nothing I can do about not being able to graduate this semester, what should I say to my parents? I don't think I'm depressed or of a cognitive disposition that makes me completely dysfunctional, but I won't rule out that my procrastination might be a part of something that needs to be diagnosed. I've always felt kind of off since high school, but I wanted to sit down with my parents and talk about it AFTER college. I thought I had enough willpower to at least do that, but once again, here I am, delaying graduation because of something fucking dumb. This is always the story with me and I'm tired of it, I seriously need some kind of help. What should I do?
>>
bump, could seriously use some input here
>>
>>17681024
Sorry, I have never heard of this happening before.

I'm a third year myself, so maybe talk to the advisor like you mentioned. Worst case scenario, you "stick around" for another term, right? You can take some shitty elective to stay enrolled. I don't see why you would get "kicked out."

But what do I know, right?
>>
Doesn't that just mean you have to wait for the next ceremony?

Also my uni sends out reminders and whatnot, didn't yours?
>>
>>17681038
I've already failed classes and switched majors because I wasn't satisfied with where my studies were going, this was supposed to be my final semester, my last chance to prove myself. I just don't know what will happen if my advisor can't help resolve this.
>>
File: 1467125438489.jpg (1MB, 1350x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1467125438489.jpg
1MB, 1350x1800px
>>17681043
Relax man, you can graduate at the end of the next semester. You don't even need to take any classes, but you could do something like an internship or independent study.
>>
>>17681042
I was looking through my emails and the deadline for applying for graduation was in a fucking newsletter email alongside info for dietician advice and school spirit festivals. October 7th was the deadline, the email was from October 4th.

I also have a class with my advisor and he didn't mention there being a deadline for applying for graduation either. Seems like pretty important information, don't you think? Maybe I'm just stupid, I don't know.
>>
>>17681050
I would normally agree with you and think along these lines, but that's not really what I'm worried about. Plus, thinking that way doesn't address the part about how I'm a huge procrastinator and continue to be that way in spite of how bad it always manages to make me feel, time and time again.
>>
>>17680794
happened to me too bro. i walked during graduation with my roommates and everything. one night later I'm high with my friends and had the bright idea to check my email because i was bored. found out i was missing 2 classes i needed for my major. i about had a breakdown. by this time it was so late to sign up for courses for next quarter too, so i had to take an entire quarter off and come back in the winter quarter.

it ended up being quite a blessing. was really cool to go back with new roommates and a more mature perspective. i loved my time and it was worth it actually. it could be a good thing anon. it didn't set me back at all. what's a few months?
>>
>>17680794
Break your leg and tell the university you couldn't attempt because you were in the hospital
If they ask why you couldn't check your mail you tell them you didn't have your laptop with you there and you were on some heavy drugs
>>
File: Cadfael01.jpg (178KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cadfael01.jpg
178KB, 1024x1024px
>>17681059
Better to graduate in the Spring anyway, job recruiting happens then.
>>
>>17680794

Some people I know didn't even go to the ceremony cause they thought it was a big waste of time. I don't think this is as big a deal as you're making it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.