[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idk what do about niece. Idek what to say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1473591743652.jpg (264KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
1473591743652.jpg
264KB, 961x759px
I'm 18 and live with parents but decided to stay at my sister's house for a couple days because I have no car and nearest town to my house is 10 minute drive away so I'm basically stranded with nothing to do at home.

Sister has 4 kids

Anyways so I'm visiting my sister's and around 10 at night my sister and her husband start arguing. She will get irritated and try to walk away in frustration but her husband will hold onto her to make her stay and argue about whatever. He has this super (and i mean super) strong sense of needing to resolve everything right then and there. He will then defend his annoyance with "oh whats wrong with wanting to discuss this and make sure everything is okay and love and happiness and blah blah blah" My sister on the other hand would prefer to just stop talking about a thing all together as she just doesn't want to deal with arguments for extended periods of time.

Anyway so they are arguing in the living room and I'm just in the kitchen making some pizza roles. The house is shit imo. The living room and kitchen are just in the same giant room. So i can hear them. My 7 year old niece kinda slowly drifts toward me (im guessing trying to decide whether or not to comment) and hesitantly looks up and says "this happens every night. it happens every night and dad always starts the arguments and mom doesnt want to" in a hushed voice

Ya know what I fuckin said?
>>
>>17680738
>"got me some pizza roles u want one?"

Completely ignored it. Idk wtf to say. I'll probably be here for a few more days too so if what she says is true then it'll probably keep happening. Its not my business as i am a guest in the house. He always seems to take out his frustrations toward my sister on the kids as he was yelling at them right as they were going to bed.

I usually stay out of family business because it's like fucking personal politics and one wrong move can be very ugly. But how can I just ignore it.

These kids have been in terrible conditions before because my sister had gotten in the wrong crowd and sent to prison but she is better now and has changed for the better. They've been with more abusive father figures, more neglectful environments and in shitty foster care. So I know this isn't the worst they've seen it.

I just don't want them to go back to being in a dysfunctional household. Especially the 7 year old because she was young when most of the bad shit happened and she doesn't remember it.

Her husband seemed an alright guy until after the marriage then it slowly started to degrade
>>
Kill him
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (23KB, 450x224px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
23KB, 450x224px
>>17680738
>>17680739

Sounds like the father is abusive, marriage counseling, or some form of therapy would be advised, if not. Idk what to tell you.

4 kids is a bad move, especially in today's world. She should'a stopped at 2, so if shit went down, she could take care of them on her own.

I would say divorce, but idk.

Ignoring it would be a semi-bad idea. But, it's her life, and her decisions, not wholly yours.

If you attack this thing from a Christian or religious perspective you'd probably wanna help those kids out as much as possible, and say fuck the parents, whom both sound like complete retards, the guy sounds like an empty headed ignorant moron, and she shouldn't have had those extra kids to begin with.

If they are religious, bring it up to a pastor and have her talk to the pastor.

Inb4 Christ-fag, kyi

If not, therapy, or marriage counseling. Which honestly, is expensive, time consuming and only helps a little. Sounds the the husband doesn't really care either way other than being right.

But, if you are religious a church could help out quite a bit, one of the few benefits of religion is that there is charity to be given.

But, it sounds like you might be kinda a slug yourself a little, so idk.

Give your sister emotional and social support at the VERY least if you can stomach it.
>>
>>17681073

Pretty much what he said. Give as much emotional support to your sister as possible. Not necessarily intervene in politics, but make help her relax a little so she can better deal with the kids.

Also try to spend some time with your niece. A little extra effort might go a long way.

GL kid. Hope you can muster up something so your niece's life can be better.
>>
>>17680738

It might be a good idea just to let your sister know what she said, leave it up to her to make whatever decision.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.