[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice with a trip.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
24KB, 300x300px
Hey /adv/

So I don’t know if this belongs on here or on /trv/ but I guess here would be better. So basically I’m 18 and live in a small town in Ohio, and I want to visit my Gf in a small town in Alabama. So the dilemma is that I own a kind of shitty car so I’m sure if I should drive it, or take a Greyhound bus. So I own a 2003 PT Cruiser with 135k miles. It’s roughly 550 miles between the two. Nothing is really wrong with the car, except the right front tire squeaks.

I don’t know if it’s worth the risk taking the car all that way, with the potential of it breaking down. Mainly a /o/ question too, but I’m wondering if that car or the bus would be the best way. The bus would cost about $200 or less roundtrip, but it would be a 20 hr. bus ride, comparted to an 8 hr. drive. Also if I take the bus I’d need to take a taxi to go anywhere around the town, but if I took my car I could drive wherever. Thank you in advance.

tldr: I need to know if driving a bad car or riding a bus would be the best way to visit my Gf
>>
Just stay home. She's probably already fuckin' someone else.
>>
>>17680137
But she's a NEET anon.
>>
>>17680133
Make sure your car gets an oil change and inspection, then just take that. Will be cheaper too. 135k miles is not that much, but sorry you drive such an ugly, shitty car. I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla with 190k miles and I'm driving it 900 miles this Thanksgiving to Maine
>>
>>17680195
Yeah I'd rather just take my car seeing as how it'll be faster, cheaper and I'll be able to drive on my own. My grandpa is a mechanic and we've taken good care of it, it might be in need of a oil change soon so I'll definitely get that taken care of before I leave.

This'll be the farthest I've ever driven it so I'm just nervous is all.
>>
Don't take the fucking bus! The worst experience of my life was a 30 fucking 8 hour bus ride from Georgia to New York when I left the Army. Don't do it!
>>
>>17680510
Ouch, whats the story?
>>
last bump
>>
>>17680133
Rent a car. I've had a great experience with Hertz as a young renter.
>>
>>17682409
Don't you have to be 25+ to rent a car?
>>
>>17680133
God I fucking hate you, you type like a goddamn child you disgusting American
>>
>>17682472
Sorry I type wrong? Chill dude lol
>>
File: 1472254358974.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472254358974.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.