[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one set boundries for a relationship? What would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1474123147857.gif (2MB, 300x308px) Image search: [Google]
1474123147857.gif
2MB, 300x308px
How does one set boundries for a relationship?

What would you even say?

People have told me that I'm an asshole for expecting a relationship to be a give-and-take experience and that I should man up and provide both the love and finances if I want it to work.

It feels like if I did that I'd be better off just jerking off onstead of paying for what is essentially a live-in whore.
>>
it seems like there's a lot more to this story, but if you refer to your girlfriend as a live-in whore I'd say it's already over.
>>
>>17679983

What do you mean by boundaries here?
>>
What do you think is fair and reasonable? What would you be willing to give, and what would you expect your partner to give up?
>>
>>17679988
Yeah that relationship ended last week. I've come to a point where im done being walked over and treated like shit while I am completely invested in a long-lasting relationship

>>17680001
Well I feel like my relationships in the past have suffered because I mostly went into them blindly searching for happiness and for some I got that, but they ended for one reason or another but I think mainly because I wasn't clear in exactly what I wanted

>>17680003
Well I'm fine with stuff like paying for dinners/movies/etc, But I'd like to be the one taken on a date once in a while when I'm with someone.

My rules are pretty simple
>Don't cheat on me
>Don't lie to me
>Tell me if there is an issue
But maybe they're too general. If someone I was with wanted to go through my phone because they were suspicious I'd be fine with that provided they granted me that same courtesy.

My family has this bad habit of finding people that are bad for them and I dont want that anymore
>>
File: 1420364581821.gif (2MB, 359x300px) Image search: [Google]
1420364581821.gif
2MB, 359x300px
>>17679983

>People have told me that I'm an asshole for expecting a relationship to be a give-and-take experience and that I should man up and provide both the love and finances if I want it to work.
>>
>>17680128
I wish I was kidding. When I told a group of "friends" about how I think it's a bunch of shit that I'm expected to not only pay for everything but also be the one to make sure a relationship doesn't fail, all but one of them said that made me an asshole because I'd be setting unrealistic expectations if the other person didn't have a job.

Why do people think women don't or shouldn't have to work?
>>
>>17679983
Usually you make sure that your partner has similar expectation and understanding of a "relationship" before you fucking get into one.
>>
>>17680161

>Why do people think women don't or shouldn't have to work?

I don't know. Why do some people believe in scientology? Cause they're fucking stupid.

Most people don't think that way. You just have really shitty friends. There are plenty of reasonable people in the world, just don't kid yourself into listening to a few dumb assholes speak and think that the whole world feels that way.

I don't have any friends, male or female, that think its okay for a woman to sit home without a job and expect people to support her. The thing about anecdotal evidence is that it isn't really evidence at all.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.