[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eating disorder help - What do you guys eat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: machinist.jpg (37KB, 828x477px) Image search: [Google]
machinist.jpg
37KB, 828x477px
Hi everybody, I don't know if this is the best place to ask but I'm not doing that great at the moment. I'm struggling with some kind of weird food obsession/preoccupation that has developed from what I think is anorexia, though I was never diagnosed. I'm male, but I lost over 100lb on liquid diets and severe calorie restrictions for months - I went through a phase briefly of starting to look like a prisoner in a Japanese POW camp but I think I'm coming back from that now.

The problem is although I am eating more now I eat weird stuff - like nuts and fruit and tins of fish and stuff throughout the day. I've forgotten how to eat properly/normally. I've calorie counted for so long and been on diets for so long, with both of my parents who are still dieting, I don't know what actually makes up a "lunch" for a normal person.
>>
>>17679764
Every time I try to figure out what people normally eat or try to think of a lunch, I think it's probably something like a 200-300 calorie sandwich or something, but then I see people eating pizza and like what would have been a full dinner for me (500 calories) at lunch time. Normally if I go and buy lunch in my college canteen I'll get a sandwich and some fruit with coffee but what am I supposed to eat after that if I only had a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast?

If I try to imagine eating 500 calories for breakfast, lunch and dinner, that's me still at 1500 - which is still weight loss for a young adult male like me. There's a big movement now away from all the bullshit dieting stuff towards "eating when you're hungry" and "eating mindfully" and stuff like that, but I don't even know when I'm hungry - I don't feel it, I just get light headed and have to remind myself to eat.

What do you guys typically eat on a daily basis? Most people don't think about food 24/7, like I do, they just eat when they're hungry, but what the fuck do you actually eat that keeps you at a weight you feel comfortable with?
>>
>>17679764
aren't you that guy who posted this back on /fit/ months ago?
>>
>>17679766
I sometimes try to remember what I ate when I was a kid, but the problem was that my mother often overfed me with portions that were too big, and I ate calorific fatty food for breakfast and dinner because my dad did. Now all they eat are main meal salads and shit like that but if I'm cooking/preparing meals for myself, I have no idea how to even make those or how many servings they are - and because they're low calorie, I'd probably still lose weight if I ate them.
>>
>>17679787
No, did someone post stuff like this? Maybe I did, I don't remember, that's kind of sad if I did because it shows how little I've come in the last year of struggling with this
>>
Here is a nice calculator just to get an idea of how many calories you need to gain or maintain weight. Also try not to eat a ton at a time, balance it out between 3-5 meals a day with snacks in between.

https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/calories-to-gain-weight
>>
>>17679799
Ok, so apparently I need to eat around 2062 calories to stay the weight I am (147lb at 5"10) and 2500-3000 to gain weight. That's pretty cool considering they always say you should shoot for 2000 calories or so each day re: diet, so surely most 2000 calorie plans will fit me. I know today I ate around 1800-1900.
>>
>>17679820
Np bro. Also you really aren't that underweight to be honest. About 150 is good for someone 5'10". I am trying to gain weight myself (which for 1 lb a week is 2800 calories a day for me) but I struggle to get just up to 2000.
>>
>>17679836
Good luck man, I feel like I'm quite comfortable at this weight and I'd like to maintain it (at least my clothes will still fit) but I can't imagine how hard it would be to intentionally eat that much and gain - even when you need to. I'd be worried I wouldn't be able to eat "normally" after the weight gain phase was over.

When you're used to restricting yourself, it's really hard to actually get up to 2000 without feeling like you're overeating. If I eat with other people or in a restaurant or something, a voice in the back of my head tells me "you're eating way too much, this is big enough to feed two" which makes eating a really unpleasant experience and then if it's really big (for me), I get really sleepy and almost need to take a nap.
>>
>>17679764
I was like that. Caring about calories, not eating too much, etc.
It was just a phase(mom), now I just want to have muscles and be strongk, of course, I don't eat junk, and try to eat healthy.
Just aim for the balance, for everything in life, really.
>>
>>17679926
As for what was I eating at that moment, just yogurt and cereal, lots of vegetables and fruits, 0 meat.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.