[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice pertaining to renting a house in Florida.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hand.jpg (53KB, 666x888px) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
53KB, 666x888px
I need some advice pertaining to renting a house in Florida.
>Me and 2 others moved into a house, 3 bed 1 bath. One of the others, call him Eric; Eric invites people over constantly and they sleep here constantly. I am starting to get fed up with people coming over and sleeping here. I did try to take initiative and tell him to atleast have less people sleep here. That worked for a bit, but the problem is starting again.
Now Eric has his friends pushing him on to let them stay here. They only spend about 2-3 nights a week here but while here they use water and electricity and eat what is here. I'm kinda poor so it does kinda matter to me about what they use because they never give us a penny back.
Now I am looking over the lease to see if it would say anything about having people over and letting them sleep here.
>Let me be clear it is not the same people every time. one day it could be 2 guys and the next 2 different guys. But its the fact that it happens more than I like.

I need clarification on this part of the lease just incase, and this is directly from the lease.

>10. USE OF PREMISES: TENANT must maintain the premises in a clean and sanitary condition and not disturb surrounding residents or the peaceful and quiet enjoyment of the premises or surrounding premises. Premises are to be used and occupied by the TENANT for only residential, non-business, private housing purposes only. TENANT shall not operate any type of day care or child sitting service on the premises. No trampolines, water filled furniture or any items or activities, which can cause interference with the insurance coverage on the premises, will be permitted

I just want to know if this states that people that are not tenants can sleep here.
pic unrelated, please help me and dont troll I really am sick of this.
>>
Come on guys I really need help here
>>
Tell Eric that he can't have people living there that aren't on the lease, and you will inform the landlord if it doesn't stop.

Then inform the landlord if it doesn't stop.
>>
>>17679505
You can't use the contract against him you doofus

Just let him know you're a bit tight for money at the moment and don't think it's fair you're paying for his friends to stay over (if that's what's bothering you the most). Work out the average cost per day of the bills, then split it 34:66 everytime he has people over

If it's the fact you don't want strangers there, then just tell him that. Probably unreasonable to make out this means no one at all, but at least try keeping it to days when he's just out partying etc
>>
This isn't a legal issue (that clause you posted has fuck all to do with him). This is something you need to talk to him about. Maybe get your other roommate to back you out.

>>17679514
I highly doubt the landlord will care as long as they're not damaging the property. This is something for the tenants to sort out amongst themselves
>>
>>17679537

Look, not claiming to be an expert, but I'm pretty sure the lease works both ways. If a tenant complains to a landlord about non-tenants living in their home, and the landlord refuses to do anything about it, then the landlord opens himself up to lawsuits for failure to adhere to the contract.

It's worth looking into, at least.
>>
>>17679514
>I highly doubt the landlord will care as long as they're not damaging the property. This is something for the tenants to sort out amongst themselves
thats what Im worried about
>>
>>17679556
I'm not an expert either, but I have a bit of knowledge about this area.

"The other tenant's visitors are using water and electricity and eating my food" is not something landlords deal with, unless utilities are included under the rent, which doesn't seem to be the case. You forget that Eric has the same rights OP does, he can just turn around and say that he has a right to have visitors over (a right that OP shares) if OP tries to get the landlord involved.
>>
>>17679567
Why? Just fucking talk to him.
>>
>>17679571

You may be right, it might be a matter of semantics (living in versus just visiting). I don't know what the limits are in this case.

Doing nothing is not an option, though. If Eric's friends keep coming over and there's no technical recourse to sort it out, OP should start looking for a new place.
>>
>>17679593
>You may be right, it might be a matter of semantics (living in versus just visiting). I don't know what the limits are in this case.
They'd be visiting, since they're only staying for a couple of days, and it's not the same people every time

>Doing nothing is not an option, though
No, it's not

>If Eric's friends keep coming over and there's no technical recourse to sort it out, OP should start looking for a new place.
Or he can try talking to Eric?
>>
If the friends are using drugs or disturbing your peace (loud parties) you should complain to the landlord and he might speak up. ALSO if eric is charging them "rent" (as in hey man throw me 20 bucks to sleep here) you could say something.

Now you really need to deal with Eric. I have been in this situation and it stunk. With a house the landlord is unlikely to intervene in much except illegal activity or unauthoriZed subletting

You can make it an uncomfortable place for these people to keep crashing.

I had some kid sleeping on my couch for weeks that was a friend of a roomie. One day my dog decided to take a massive piss on the couch. The kid didn't want to sleep there anymore and he moved out soon after. I have never seen my dog pee or poo inside except that one time. She did me
A solid.
>>
>>17679618
>If the friends are using drugs or disturbing your peace (loud parties)
they do drink and smoke weed while here. Honestly the way it seems is they want this house to become the smoke/party house.
They are ALL under age too.
I dont personally smoke weed and I dont want it in the house so I told them to smoke outside in a side room separate from the house.

He brought up that they want to have a Halloween party and they want to smoke inside.
I said no, and he was like "No" isn't just and answer. Then asked me why not, and I just kept saying no until I said "I can just be a real dick and bring the lease into this and have no smoking on the property at all." He didn't like that answer, but he didnt say anything after that. :)
>>
>>17679618
>You can make it an uncomfortable place for these people to keep crashing.
I own most of the furnisher in the living room other than one little futon couch thats in the living room but non of us own that. (a guy wanted to spend a month here, he was paying us 75$ a week and buying food that we could eat so I was ok with that)
>my mother said if I really have a problem I could just take all of the shit I own and keep it in my room.
Its not my job to fabricate the house.
>>
>>17679924
>I dont personally DONT smoke weed
woops
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.