[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extremely neurotic person going through pregnancy scare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1475143396829.gif (206KB, 335x469px) Image search: [Google]
1475143396829.gif
206KB, 335x469px
Hello everyone. As you can probably tell from the subject, I'm freaking the fuck out right now.

I had sex with my boyfriend last night and the condom broke as he came inside me. I've had a scare before when he noticed it broke while inside me, but he didn't come and we couldn't notice any precum. I took precautions anyway and I was nervous until waiting for my period, but nothing compared to the fear I have now when he actually ejaculated.

I need help calming the fuck down. I either need people's best relaxation techniques, tips to control nightmares (I'll probably have nightmares every night until my period now) or people telling me I'm stupid based on facts. One thing I'm trying to do is write down a list of facts in my favour any time I feel I'm going to have a panic attack, these are:

>The morning after pill is 95% effective if taken within 24 hours - I took it within 12.
>This happened two days after my period ended, so the 7th day in my cycle. I've been having 26 day cycles recently, so I'm not scheduled to release an egg until Friday.
>I can feel when I ovulate, and I haven't felt anything.
>Although my periods are regular, I have one ovary and it is polycystic, so my chances of not ovulating are higher than the average woman.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I've been shaking like a leaf since it happened.
>>
I thought I'd give a little bit more information/context for my fear to maybe answer some questions in advance.

Condoms are the only contraception we're using right now, but I've going to fight against it after this scare. I've tried the pill before, but the hormones were too much for me to handle and I was left bedridden. I really want the IUD, but my gyno is refusing to give it to me as she doesn't want anything that'll stop me ovulating as I only have one ovary. Abortion is illegal where I live, so I'm not surprised that the healthcare system here is trying to keep me primed and ready for being a mother.
>>
>>17678526
Bump. Perhaps the comment I made about being primed and ready for motherhood was a bit harsh as people are still given the pill here, I just hate that I know exactly which type of contraceptive I want and I'm told no.
>>
Just take a pregnancy test
>>
>>17678565
Depending on the test you take, it's not effective until between five days before your period is due and a couple of days after your period is due. This means around 2-3 weeks of me being on the verge of a panic attack and having graphic nightmares. I think I'd rather wait about three weeks to take a pregnancy test as a false positive would probably make me vomit my guts up and then some.
>>
There are other contraceptive methods out there. You could get fitted for a diaphragm perhaps, and in the future always use the spermicide lube in addition to condoms.

I think you'll be OK since you took the pill quickly, but if the worst case scenario does come to pass you still have options. You can travel to another country to get the procedure, this is quite simple if you're in Europe and there are charities that help women reach these services. Also there's always the option of adoption. The idea of carrying a child to term may be unappealing, but there are many others who can't conceive and would immeasurably appreciate the help. And hey you never know, you might be one of those people who has difficulty as well.

Btw what country?
>>
>>17678600
I've considered the diaphragm, but I've always thought of it as a 'Why bother?' situation in comparison to condoms. It's something I can discuss though if my gyno is still dead set against me getting the IUD. We tend to get extra safe condoms, but I think this is one occasion where they were all out so we settled for another type of Durex condom. I'll ask my boyfriend what type they were when he gets back from work so I can check if they include spermicide.

I live in Ireland. I can travel to England for an abortion, but we're six weeks away from the holiday of a lifetime and the timing to jet off to England when we're saving money from it would be extremely suspect - I think my mum would disown me if she found out. I've been having a very, very stressful time lately and thinking about the holiday was the only thing keeping me sane. Now the thought of being pregnant during it is driving me insane and I've been crying and shaking a bunch.
>>
>>17678613
>the timing to jet off to England when we're saving money from it

Meant to say 'saving money for it'.
>>
>>17678584
You are being way too dramatic over this.
You just had sex yesterday, took the morning after pill and don't believe you're ovulating... You're fine.
But you don't want us to tell you that you're fine, you're having too much fun romanticising the idea that you may be pregnant and acting as though you're having a mental breakdown for attention.
Honestly... what the hell did you even want from /adv/? We can't physically calm you down, you've already mentioned breathing techniques and things to calm you down when you start freaking out. Dreams are out of your control and we sure as hell can't help you with them besides telling you to not take Melatonin which could make them worse.
Just realise YOU'RE the only person feeding your neurosis, I get anxiety constantly but don't turn to others to solve my problems or look for validation through being dramatic.
>>
>>17678613
>we're six weeks away from the holiday of a lifetime
The holiday of a lifetime? Wtf m8, are you 70 or something, you planning to die in the next 6 months?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.