[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deleting social media after break up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1475635181626.png (467KB, 1000x654px) Image search: [Google]
1475635181626.png
467KB, 1000x654px
GF of 2 years broke up with me yesterday.

I do not want constant reminders of her on Facebook or any social media site but I know I will succumb to the urge if I keep these active.

Should i delete my social media accounts? Anyone have any experience of this?
>>
Why not delete HER from your social media. Deleting your stuff suggests she her breaking up with you had that big an effect on your life and sends the wrong message. Just delete her or you will conflate the lack of interaction with others with her not being in your life and it will make ot harder to move on.
>>
I have.

First consider the chances that she might come crawling back to you (btw, is this something you want, or are you willing to let go of her completely? This is important)
The reason I ask, is because it might become an embarrassment for the both of you if you did delete her, and then a few weeks later, all your friends might see that "anon became friends with anonette. Again". There are probably ways to hide this, but anyway, it's easier to just hide her content from your news feed, and muster the power to stay away from typing her name into the search bar - it gets easier with time, as with all aspects of the post-breakup hell you might expect in the following weeks. Sorry senpai

If you were 'in a relationship' on fb, HIDE your relationship status, so you won't have to have the fucking 'ended their relationship' banner lighting up everyone's screen. In fact, from now on, and til the day you die, you shouldn't bother showing your relationship status on fb.

Do you have a lot of actual friends in common? When I went through months of pining for my ex, I did delete her, but I wasn't strong enough to avoid asking friends we had in common about her, fishing for news. It turned messy - I got more than 100 friends in common with her.

You seem like you might not have gone through all the stages yet. What exactly do you mean by 'succumb to the urge'? To do what?
>>
>>17676956
Succumb to stalking her profile every day.

I think deleting social media is the best.
>>
>>17676917
don't delete shit, my man. i went through the same shit just 2 months ago. gf of 2 years left me over some dumb shit. i still have her pics up on fb and instagram. i'm not about to take my time to delete every single photo nor do i plan too.
>>17676930 listen to this dude.
>>
>>17676917
you wont forget her but at least notifcations wont be painful
>>
>>17676962
You'll find ways around it. You have to work on yourself, getting to a stage where you don't even think about checking to see what's up with her life.

The other posters are mostly right. If this breakup is final, then maybe untag yourself from pictures she's in. If you delete your Facebook, you can rejoin later and find all your stuff in the same place you left, and everything will resurface. It's better to go the slow walk and actually, gradually get over her. From experience, the option you're aiming at will drive you crazy, if you don't have the will power to process what has happened. You should hide from your emotions dude.
>>
>>17677005
Fuck
>Shouldn't* hide
>>
File: IMG_1974.jpg (85KB, 676x673px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1974.jpg
85KB, 676x673px
>>17676917
I actually have experience with this.
I had a Facebook, and when my gf of a little over a year broke up with me, she blocked my phone number, blocked me on Facebook, and avoided me in public.
So I deleted my Facebook, changed my phone number, and stopped going outside during the day.
I'm actually suprised that you tolerated seeing her Facebook. I once saw a picture of her and her boyfriend, and I fainted from panic. I truely don't know how people can deal with that.
>>
have a friend delete all of the photos. i did that. ex and i went out for 3 years
>>
>>17677380
Similar situation except I deleted them all. Ex got pissy but I couldn't care less - went no contact and haven't looked back.
>>
I just deleted and blocked my ex on social media.
If you don't already, install "social fixer" to chrome. It even gives you filter options and shit so that you can block your friends posts mentioning her or something if you have mutual friends. Its the greatest extension to chrome since ad block.

If your concern is that you'll be tempted to unblock her to stalk her or something, then think of it this way. You can just google her fb and shit without having an account if you really wanted. To rid that temptation you'd have to completely remove the internet from your life, which I'd bet good money you're not willing to do.

Just block the chick, maybe take a break from social media for a while too. It'll probably do you some good to get off the computer in general and spend some more time outside for the time being anyway. But don't delete, you may want to come back to it later when you're completely over the chick and moved onto the new one.
>>
>>17676917

I'm in the same boat, I had to block her on facebook, removes any trace of her on that platform, delete her friends too that might post pics of them together. Then delete instagram/snapchat/phone contacts etc.

The only thing I have left to stalk her on is instagram because hers is set to public, but she doesn't post much there and i'm slowly getting better at not checking.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.