[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over a friend ghosting me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8392.jpg (74KB, 570x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8392.jpg
74KB, 570x752px
/adv/, how do I move on from a good friend ghosting me?

So some backstory: I had known this friend for over a year. We lived far away from each other so we were never able to hang out regularly, but we would text nearly everyday and visit each other occasionally.

My friend came to visit me one weekend in July, and we traveled to a nearby town together. She was happy when she first saw me, but I noticed that as the weekend went on she became more and more cold. She seemed better when we parted ways, but when I tried to text afterwards she never responded. I texted her asking what was wrong, but she still didn't respond. When I finally told her she might as well just block me if she won't respond to my texts, that's what she did. I haven't heard from her since.

This has left me very depressed for numerous reasons:

1. I have literally no clue what I did wrong (or if it even has to do with me). I honestly can't think of a single thing I did or said that weekend which might have angered her. If I knew what I did wrong then maybe I could at least learn a lesson, but the not knowing is driving me insane cause all I can do is speculate.

2. For someone I considered a good friend to suddenly abandon me has only worsened my trust issues.

3. I feel incredibly angry over how she could hurt me like this and not even give me a reason why. It makes me want to physically hurt her and I don't like having these thoughts.

So does anyone who has experienced something similar give me some advice?
>>
sorry bud thats a pretty rough way of ghosting someone. really all you can do is move on
get it in your head that you're never going to speak to her again unless she comes back to you, which could very well happen, just be patient but with no expectations
>>
>>17676894
How exactly does one "move on" though? I honestly don't know how to stop thinking about this.
>>
>>17676898
you just keep going, meet new people and focus on whatever you do. you know that saying the best revenge is living well
you'll get over it after enough time has passed. you might not actually forget about it but you wont think about it as much or as often
>>
I actually ghosted one of my close friends.

The thing was, he was a co-worker at my job for 3 years before he finally began talking to me. Truth was I didn't want to talk to him. I found him annoying and selfish. But he finally began talking to me and since we worked together, I made the best of it. I even figured maybe I was being a dick and should open up, but as I opened up, the guy became more clingy and somewhat manipulative. He started goign on with these elaborate plans that basically involved me giving up on my dreams and goals to be his best friend and help him reach his dreams of just being rich and lazy.

Finally he moved and I cut off ties right after that. I was honestly only dealing with him because I had to see him all the time and make the best of it but he seemed really hurt I cut him off. I know he didnt see anything wrong with his behavior and thinks hes the victim here.

Im just saying in your case OP, maybe they never really wanted to be friends and simply were waiting for a chance to cut you out. maybe they didnt feel the same way you did
>>
>>17676914
>Im just saying in your case OP, maybe they never really wanted to be friends and simply were waiting for a chance to cut you out. maybe they didnt feel the same way you did

Maybe, and I've been in similar situations as you. But at the same time, this is a friend who would text me constantly of her own volition. And again, this was mainly a long-distance friendship so she could have cutted me off anytime for over a year.

She knew I was returning to the US soon(we met in China and she's Chinese), so maybe she didn't want to maintain a friendship after I returned home (and unsure of when I would return to China), but me texting her from the US wouldn't have been too different from the friendship we had already since we rarely saw each other in person.
>>
>>17676868
she blocked u because she thinks ur a pervert or super ugly or she moved away and didnt give a fuck idk
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.