[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career Advice I have worked in a large city for almost three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: danbarrett.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
danbarrett.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
Career Advice

I have worked in a large city for almost three years now, full-time, at a job I've come to dislike quite a bit. It's easy work, a decent wage, although very dull and high rent means I'm not saving much anyway.

I have been thinking about resigning and spending at least two months at my mom and step-dad's house back in my hometown while trying to find part-time work therein order to focus on my own personal ambitions, namely writing a book. I am afraid however of falling into long-term unemployment and being blacklisted.

Is it stupid / naive / childish of me to simply resign and do what my instincts are urging me to?

I haven't taken a day off sick in these three years and have been a very good employee.

Thanks to anyone who replies.
>>
No one's going to hire you part time for two months.
>>
That's such a cute picture
>>
>>17676254
That's not what I meant. I mean I was planning to move back to my mom's place and job hunt there in my hometown, with the intention of moving out and finding my own apartment back home after maximum two months. Apology for confusion.
>>
i dont think its stupid to move back in with parents if you have that option to save some money. quite the opposite actually.

but i wouldnt work part time and focus on the book thing full time. keep working full time and do the writing in your free time, then if it grows and reaches a point where it makes sense to take it on full time you do that
>>
>>17676271
I appreciate that I may sound delusional or naive as to my prospects, but the truth is that since graduating I have worked full-time and have spent more than a year commuting over an hour each way from work, and I really am pretty worn out. I believe I have to commit to my ambition or accept that it isn't as important to me as I claim it is. Also I've come to not really focus too much on money. I've saved $30,000 but I feel stressed out and very dispirited knowing I am sacrificing my ambitions for the sake of security and so on.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.