[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to go to uni, what are some fields/courses/whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: rich-people-less-compassionate-.jpg (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rich-people-less-compassionate-.jpg
117KB, 500x500px
I'm about to go to uni, what are some fields/courses/whatever they're called that will make me earn some good money? I'm not talking about earning millions of dollars.
Keep in mind that it needs to not be so mainstream that you can't find a job in that field since everybody majors in that (lawyer/medicine/comp sci etc..)
I really wanted to major in biology but biologists, where i live, earn less than 1000 euros a month, you can barely live with that.
>>
Pretty much anything in STEM
>>
Get MA in mathematics

>Real Analysis
>Linear Algebra
>Measure Theory
>Martingales
>Probability Theory
>Stochastic Processes

After that any bank will suck your dick and give you a starting salary of 200k/y without experience.

Or, you know, do something ethical.
>>
>>17675236
Do i have to be a fucking einstein for those?
>>
>>17675245
No, you just need to have discipline and do a lot of reading. Math is mostly about developing good habits. Learning to spot patterns.
You need more if you want to find some great results. Any pleb can become an average mathematician.
>>
>>17675253
Reading what in particular? Math books?
>>
Accounting
Economics
Finance
STEM
Medical
>>
>>17675200
>I really wanted to major in biology but biologists, where i live

You can't make a good living as a biologist anywhere
>>
>>17675200
>I'm about to go to uni but don't know what I want to do, 4chan should decide what I spend the rest of my life doing for money even if I don't enjoy the subject, career path or working conditions or have the right personality for the job

Look at what courses are available, look at what job opportunities you will have because of it (including how many jobs there are, if they are in your area) and seek out people who do those jobs to find out if you would enjoy doing it.

I did programming at university, only to discover that I hated the job because I was dealing with many, many people who didn't know what was possible and didn't want to know what I had in mind or could even suggest.
>>
>>17675426
I honestly don't care if i don't like the job since i'm a workaholic and only care about money, but thanks anyway
>>
>>17675200
Don't do STEM. The world is crawling with STEM grads, and there aren't enough jobs to go around.

Consider law/politics/civil service. Major in anything from English lit through political science to economics and go on to law school.
>>
>>17675200
Computer Science OP, make 100k+ right out of college
>>
>>17675568
I knoe many people who can't even find a job with comp sci
>>
>>17675236
not OP, but why would you need a MA for this? that's a common bachelor specialization
>>
>itt people hoping to make OP fall for the STEM meme
>>
Can you study coding or something?, if so do that lol.
>>
>>17675965
You have to do internships and join clubs while you're in school. It's not that hard if you just put in effort.
>>
File: 1475094963443.png (195KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475094963443.png
195KB, 768x768px
>>17676476
>he fell for the STEM is a meme meme
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.