[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with a bipolar acquaintance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: output.jpg (1MB, 3000x3822px) Image search: [Google]
output.jpg
1MB, 3000x3822px
so this guy I kind of know from my younger years (we went to school together when I was 10) and with whom I kept contact (a few texts per month) had a serious accident and during his recovery was diagnosed with bipolar disorder

doctors follow him so I'm pretty sure he'll be alright (or as good as possible) but ever since he started showing bipolar symptoms, he's been trying to call me pretty much every day. I don't always answer but when I do he pretty much talks only about himself and has really unrealistic plans for his future.

now the problem is that he's going to start university again and we will be in the same university. fortunately he's in a completely different field so he won't bother me about that but he will try to meet with me.

the thing is that he already tried to do the same classes before his accident and failed all of them. he was never going to finish university before being bipolar, he's never going to finish it now (at least in the current state of things).

he already tried another school this summer and was sent home after 1 day. at uni he won't get sent off (unless he does some crazy shit but I doubt it) but he will be a problem for those around him and he will be wasting their time and his.

/adv/, the fuck do I do now? how do I deal with this guy
>>
just to be clear, the guy had many friends before the accident. I'm sure many bailed on him already but by looking at his fb profile some still seem to be supportive. He probably isn't "bothering" only me but the main thing is that we don't have anything in common anymore except that we went to school together a long time ago. the guy still thinks I enjoy the same thing that we liked when we were me. Also his family is with him pretty much all the time.

I'm trying to let him down softly, answering his call only like one time per week but doesn't seem to bother him at all. If I start to ignore him completely I don't know what might happen.

also, why does he fcking call me all the time instead of just texting, never did that before
>>
help
>>
Eh. He seems to just be going through the normal phases, grandiose, delusions, etc.

Have been through it all myself, he'll probably lose a few friends just in general but he'll be alright once he crashes out in ~6-8 months

Just be a cunt to him and he'll probably never want to talk to you again
>>
>>17675156
what if i start challenging his plans? like when he say he's going to study three different subjects at once which is impossible to do, usually I tried to not be too supportive nor shut him down.

how do people with bipolar disorders respond to such "challenge"? i feel like he talks to me only because I won't shut his plans down (whereas his family seems to try and make him see the problems)
>>
>>17675217
Depends what his personality is like and how severe his problems are, he might try to take the challenge head on without much thought, then he'll probably come to realize that he can't do it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.