[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop being toxic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 1

File: 1472476665780.jpg (325KB, 740x949px) Image search: [Google]
1472476665780.jpg
325KB, 740x949px
Hey /adv/, so I have a "problem".

My mindset is what is usually considered extremely toxic, defeatist, pretty much every negative adjective you can think of.

Some of the things I believe in
>Most of your life is determined by things out of your control
>Working hard to compensate for your shortcomings is humiliating
>There is a clear social hierarchy among people that is strictly enforced
>Having a more difficult life because of things out of your control is unacceptable
>Ignoring reality to be happy is not real happiness
>Accepting unfairness of life makes you weak, also participating in society that treats you unfairly is retarded

Obviously these views are completely socially unacceptable. Yet I don't understand why, because they make sense. People often have shitty life and have to work hard for everything because they got born with a shitty starting positions. Big reason why their lives are shitty is because of other people enforcing the social hierarchy.

Now the "rational" reaction to this is to work hard, be the best version of yourself without being bitter and angry. I don't understand how it is rational. When someone hits you, you hit back. You don't just bend over.
>>
>>17674818
Social hierarchy is bullocks. To the extent that it is there, it shouldn't affect you

Macro social hierarchy: lower, middle, upper class. So fucking what? I'm from the lower class (one of four children to a single mother who works a manual job), and I'm now a doctor. Sorry if you didn't work hard at school lad. I still prefer being around the minimum wage mates I've had for years

Micro social hierarchy: that between your friends. There are clear divisions of power within my friendship group. By power, I mean ability to make decisions that everyone will follow. Myself and one other guy hold this card - we just don't abuse it. If one of my quieter mates expresses a desire to go to the beach, I make sure I jump on board right away so everyone will come

Just find a friendship group where people will do the same
>>
>>17674832
Your post is retarded. Not even worth replying seriously.
>>
>>17674837
Keep being negative, bro
>>
>>17674840
I will. Unless there is a good argument for why I should not be negative.
>>
>>17674842
Happiness

General well being
>>
>>17674844
>>
>>17674818
Well, at the very least you understand it's your beliefs making you think and feel the way that you do. Most people don't even get that far.

Now, if you're not happy, then there's a problem with said beliefs. They're clearly not serving you. If they did, you wouldn't be looking to change things. Are you willing to change your beliefs? Because, unfortunately, that's the only thing that's going to change your perspective.

If you're willing, cognitive behavioral therapy is an excellent method. There's books about it that you can read if you prefer not to see anyone. Feeling Good by David Burns is my personal favorite. The best part of the method is that it's strictly logical - no feel good bullshit.

Negative feelings come from negative thoughts that stem from negative beliefs. The method teaches you how to stop viewing things in an unfairly negatively way, and to just be neutral. You control how things affect you - all with your beliefs.
>>
looking at your whole life ahead, all at once can seem overwhelming, and hopefully you agree that is unrealistic. you can't live your whole life in a moment, so don't think you can plan, or fix it all at once either. focus on one thing at a time. once Trump is in office things will start looking up, don't let the current communist leadership bring you down, it will end soon
>>
>>17674871
>Are you willing to change your beliefs? Because, unfortunately, that's the only thing that's going to change your perspective.
Well they're based on the truth. So why should I want to change them? How can I even excuse this in front of myself?

>The method teaches you how to stop viewing things in an unfairly negatively way, and to just be neutral.
And if they are unfairly negative?

I just don't see how I can motivate myself to change anything if I'm just observing the world around me.
>>
>>17674818

I don't understand what you want exactly. You just have a negative outlook on life. If we fail to convince you otherwise, what are you going to do then?

You seem to be holding on to these views simply because of some sort of delusion that it makes you superior ("Heh, sheeple don't understand how thing s REALLY work"). Well, congratulations, you are completely right. What now?

If you are happy with your life, good for you. If not, you will have to work to change things, regardless of your "rational" views. Otherwise things will simply stay the same. You seem to understand this, so what do you want?

Also,
>When someone hits you, you hit back

Who is "hitting" you exactly, and how do you imagine "hitting" them back? Honestly, you reek of /r9k/ superior smug NEET, who keeps trying to rationalize his personal failures into a "philosophy".
>>
>>17674886
this.

Also
in comparison to "you don't bend over" ..
You just accept things or get angry at them, you just as well could start using your anger to change something (about yourself)
>>
>>17674886
>You seem to be holding on to these views simply because of some sort of delusion that it makes you superior ("Heh, sheeple don't understand how thing s REALLY work").
Not at all. If anything, it makes me inferior. I'm sad that you see it that way.

>Who is "hitting" you exactly
Everyone. By treating me accordingly due to my inferiority.
>>
>>17674878
There's only a few things in life that are hard fast truths. That's probably the second thing you'll need to realize - most of the time a "truth" is really just an opinion we feel very strongly about. It's true to us because we believe it so thoroughly - but it's not. Particularly things that are viewed from only one perspective - our perspective.

If you continue to strongly believe that your biased observations are "facts of life," then nothing will ever change. It's really not that hard to distinguish between the two, you just have to be willing to.

If you want to stick to your guns and continue being miserable, that's your choice to make.
>>
>>17674893
>You just accept things or get angry at them, you just as well could start using your anger to change something (about yourself)
Which is exactly what you should NOT do. Then you are conforming to the people who are "hitting" you.
>>
>>17674896
>There's only a few things in life that are hard fast truths.
I don't think that's true.

You claim my observations are biased yet you can't refute them.
>>
>>17674895

So what do you want? What do you expect from this thread?
>>
>>17674908
To tell me what's a good excuse not to be angry when you got dealt a shit hand. What's a good excuse to ignore reality to feel happy. I can't figure it out.
>>
>>17674909

Describe me your "shit" hand.
>>
>>17674903
As I said in my previous post, they're your beliefs. If they were serving you, then you wouldn't be here. There isn't anything I can tell you to change your mind, because you've decided that you're right. You're so right this is how you live your life in spite of it making you miserable. I say they are biased because beliefs are inherently biased. If they were not they would be truths. Because of this, the burden of proof is on you, not me.
>>
>>17674918
I'm ugly, short, small dicked, dumb, bad at pretty much everything that requires eye-hand coordination and just overall a failure. Born in a post-soviet country to a lower-class family.

I don't know why it's relevant though. We should talk in general, once you go into specific stuff it always just starts being messy.
>>
>>17674921
So you're saying that people don't often have worse lives because of things out of their control? Do you think this is not the truth?
>>
>>17674925
you say that like it's a bad thing

having a small dick is a blessing. take it from me, having a big swinging cock sucks. I can never get a normal girlfriend. they don't want me, all i get are crazy girls
>>
>>17674927
Oh no, I absolutely believe that things out of your control can put you at a disadvantage. What I'm saying is that you're basically letting it define you. You can choose how much it affects you. Do you want to make something that's already bad that much worse by bemoaning you horrible luck and cursing life? Or will you accept what happened and move on with your life? One is less painful than the other. Causing yourself unnecessary grief is useless.

Basically: Accept what you cannot change, and focus only on the things that are within your control. Worrying about stuff that's out of your control is the biggest waste of time anyone can partake in.
>>
>>17674941
Ok I think it's safe to say that you're not to be taken seriously.
>>
>>17674943
>Do you want to make something that's already bad that much worse by bemoaning you horrible luck and cursing life?
No, I want it to stop. Big reason why these things are so bad is how other people treat you for them. And other people could choose to treat me differently. Yet they don't. This is not some cosmic unchangeable truth. It's a choice. For them. And they choose to treat me like shit.
>>
>>17674845
That one doesn't even make sense
Happiness is something you feel not an observable touchable measurable thing
>>
>>17674925

>I'm ugly, short, small dicked
Me too. Being ugly is hardly a problem, most people are. Start actively ignoring it, at some point the process will become automatic and you genuinely won't mind. Neither will other people, as you might find out.

>dumb
As I came to find out, intelligence has not that much to do with career and work success. You'd be surprised how far it is possible to go by simply powering through obstacles with sheer work ethic. I should know.

>Born in a post-soviet country to a lower-class family.
Hey, me too. Baltics.

>We should talk in general

We shouldn't. When generalities are dropped, it becomes so much easier to call someone on their bullshit. There's a thousand miles between someone like you and someone who's sitting in a wheelchair and shitting out blood every other day, for example. You haven't been dealt a "shit" hand. Your hand is more or less typical.

No one is going to present "rational" arguments for your feelings. That is not how it works. If you don't like your life, you will have to change it. That's that. If you get "icky" feelings because of this, well it's too bad. You'll just have to suck it up and do it anyway.
>>
>>17674943
>and focus only on the things that are within your control

These things are often not enough to bring happiness
At best it could bring you escapism
But OP doesn't believe in that it seems
>>
>>17674964
>Being ugly is hardly a problem, most people are

Uhh no they aren't
>>
>>17674925
>I'm ugly
That's subjective. Even if you really are "ugly," you're not the first and you won't be the last. People can look past looks you know, especially if you have other redeeming qualities. If it's girls you're worried about, there's always the option making lots of money. Or aim lower. Not all women are shallow, especially not the one's that feel less-than themselves.

> short
Same as above, really.

>small dicked
Again, this is subjective, but even if you have a micropenis, there's only so much a big dick can do for you. So you won't be a stud. That doesn't mean someone won't love you the way you are. Not everything is about sex. There's plenty of ways to satisfy women, if that's your concern.

>dumb
Subjective. Also, you don't seem very dumb. There's not much you can do about your mental capacity, but that doesn't mean you can't acquire knowledge and develop your skills.

>bad at pretty much everything that requires eye-hand coordination
Well, that's also subjective - God damn it - but even if you have suck reflexes, who cares? Do something that doesn't require them. Adjust, man.

>and just overall a failure.
Not only is this subjective, but you're just being plain mean to yourself. You're not a failure, you're just not where you want to be yet.

>Born in a post-soviet country to a lower-class family.
Only fact up here, wow. And even the lower-class may be arguable, but I'll just believe you.

Chill out, buddy.
>>
>>17674964
>Me too. Being ugly is hardly a problem, most people are.
Not really. Most people are about average.

>Start actively ignoring it
Actively ignore reality? Should I just smash all the mirrors? Born all the measuring tapes? This is completely delusional advice.

>Your hand is more or less typical.
It's worse than average.

>That's that. If you get "icky" feelings because of this, well it's too bad. You'll just have to suck it up and do it anyway.
Or as you said before, to ignore reality.
>>
>>17674967
>People can look past looks you know, especially if you have other redeeming qualities

OP thinks that's humiliating
Characterizes having to work harder because of things you can't control

And it is humiliating if you think about it
People are only with you from a lack of choices
>>
>>17674945
I am serious. Girls don't want a huge cock stretching their pussy out, they want small dicks to keep their shit tight as long as possible.
I been bangin MILFs since I was 13. MILFs and crazy bitches that want stretched holes for babies to come out. And small dicks get all the anal too.
>>
>>17674970
What's wrong with ignoring reality then? If it's your only option then pursue it. You'll feel better.
>>
>>17674967
>People can look past looks you know, especially if you have other redeeming qualities
>If it's girls you're worried about, there's always the option making lots of money. Or aim lower.
Why should I? Does someone who got born attractive and tall have to do that?

>Same as above, really.
Not really. Only way in which height is subjective is that there are different averages in different countries. Mine is one of the taller ones.

>Subjective.
Hardly.

>Well, that's also subjective - God damn it - but even if you have suck reflexes, who cares? Do something that doesn't require them. Adjust, man.
Like what exactly? Sucking at pretty much all sports (hell even dumb shit like video games) is certainly limiting.
>>
>>17674972
What's the point of keeping their shit tight if the dicks they're riding are small? It's not like they'll feel much either way
>>
>>17674975
Because you're ignoring reality. Is there anything else that needs to be said?
>>
>>17674948
This may be true, but guess what? That's completely out of your hands. You can't change other people. You can only change how much they affect you - regarding your moods and thoughts, that is. The more power you give others, the more you'll feel like you're at their mercy. Don't do that? The only thing within your power to change is how much some shitty persons attitude towards you affects you, and the choice to even keep that person around, or people, around. Not everyone will treat you like shit - really.
>>
>>17674979
>Why should I? Does someone who got born attractive and tall have to do that?

Of course they don't have to do that
But you have to and you should because you're not tall and attractive

Life is a recipe and when the ingredients change the method changes
>>
>>17674982
Yes, say more
How is that a problem?
>>
>>17674984
>The more power you give others, the more you'll feel like you're at their mercy.
At the end of the day, I'm at their mercy whatever I do. My actions (like you pointed out) don't matter much.

>Not everyone will treat you like shit
You're wrong. What I said is a rule among people. Inferior people get treated poorly. By inferior I mostly mean ugly. It's well proven.
>>
>>17674985
I didn't choose to be short and ugly. I don't see why I should not be angry that I will be treated differently because of it.

>>17674987
Well if we ignore that it's actually difficult. To ignore things that are right in front of you and apparent to everyone. It's also retarded. It's what mentally ill people do.
>>
>>17674965
So you think that focusing your energy on things you can't control or change is somehow being realistic? lol, wtf?

2/10 for getting me to respond.
>>
>>17674990
No one is saying you shouldn't be angry
But just do it anyway
You can't live life doing only what you like
>>
>>17674970
>Not really. Most people are about average.
Ehhh, well I guess it depends on what reference point is used. There is a thin line between average and ugly. Different strokes etc.

>It's worse than average.
How so? Are you shitting out blood? Can't walk? Can't think?

>Actively ignore reality? Should I just smash all the mirrors? Born all the measuring tapes? This is completely delusional advice.
>Or as you said before, to ignore reality

I'm telling you to ignore your FEELINGS you fucking imbecile. I'm not telling you to ignore mirrors, but the FEELING that you get when you look at them. At some point you stop minding. I'm ugly? Eh, whatever.
>>
>>17674992
I'm not OP, I don't know what he thinks
I'm just pointing something out
>>
>>17674971
So it's humiliating being with anyone below your absolute ideal? Jesus Christ dude, OP is doing a fine enough job trolling without your help.
>>
>>17674999
>There is a thin line between average and ugly. Different strokes etc.
Don't think so.

>How so? Are you shitting out blood? Can't walk? Can't think?
No. None of these. I already said in which ways I'm inferior.

>At some point you stop minding. I'm ugly? Eh, whatever.
People will still treat me poorly for being ugly. That I will care about.
>>
>>17675016
>People will still treat me poorly for being ugly. That I will care about.

Describe poorly.
>>
>>17675014
It makes sense it's not trolling
Your partner basically had to give up their goals and settle for you
You ruined it for them with your ugliness
>>
>>17674979
Hey, you could always try to get a hot girlfriend. I'm not saying you absolutely cannot. It'll just be more difficult. Unfortunately people want the best qualities in their mates, so you'll just be at a disadvantage, according to you, anyway. So what?

I should have said importance of height is subjective, that's my bad. We don't know your height, so we don't know were you lie on a scale.

You don't seem as dumb as you claim to be, but whatever.

There's plenty of people who don't play sports. Why do you focus on things you can't do? Is there really nothing else you like?
>>
>>17675022
Not like they would treat someone attractive.

>>17675031
>So what?
So what? Seriously? Why should I be disadvantaged?

>Why do you focus on things you can't do?
Because many people can do them. It's not fair that I can not.
>>
>>17674988
No, you're not at their mercy - you choose to be at their mercy. What other people say or do cannot affect you unless you give their words and actions importance. That's what you actively do. All you have to do is not do that.

And no, you're trolling. For you to claim that literally everyone you have ever met and will ever meet will treat you like shit is fucking ridiculous and you know it. I'm not treating you like shit, am I? I'm not the only one, or you'd have mentioned something about it already, because of how rare it is according to you. If you mean people are somewhat biased against unattractive people, then you might be right. That does not, however, mean that everyone is, and that those who are will absolutely treat you like shit. That's ridiculous.
>>
>>17675042
You're really childish anon
>>
>>17675042

>Not like they would treat someone attractive.

No, describe it. Describe how exactly you are being abused every single day, you poor soul.

>Why should I be disadvantaged?

There is no should. You already are. Suck it up and move on. There is no alternative. Stop being deliberately obtuse.
>>
>>17675025
Goals are based in reality. I think you're thinking of dreams - or even more detached, wishes.

You can make it your goal to marry Scarlett Johansson, but guess how many people will actually marry her, or even fuck her - or meet her, or see her, etc. You get the idea.
>>
>>17675046
>What other people say or do cannot affect you unless you give their words and actions importance. That's what you actively do. All you have to do is not do that.
Wrong. What they do affects me whether I like it or not.

>>17675048
Typical. Nothing to say so they insult.

>>17675055
>No, describe it.
What I said was enough for a description.

>There is no alternative.
There is. They could stop being unjust.
>>
>>17675042
>So what? Seriously? Why should I be disadvantaged?

Because you are. There is not should or shouldn't. You ARE. No one is born with all privileges. We all have our own advantages and disadvantages. Be grateful you can give yourself some advantages if you chose to.

>Because many people can do them. It's not fair that I can not.

Many people are unable to do many things. You're not the only one and will not be the last. I don't know where you got this idea that the world should be an ideal place where everything is fair and just and ideal - but it is certainly not any of that. Life is not fair - not for you, not for anyone. Learn to accept that and count your blessings, or be a miserable bastard for the remainder of your life.

About things that some people can do, but others can't? You know, like walking, or being able to have children, or having sight - having access to readily available food, water, and shelter. You know, stuff like that? Dramatic examples, yes. But you need some damn perspective. The reason you have such a shit, entitled attitude is because you take all the good things in your life for granted.
>>
>>17675085
>We all have our own advantages and disadvantages.
I could have had much more.

>Learn to accept that and count your blessings, or be a miserable bastard for the remainder of your life.
I'll be miserable due to my inferiority.

>The reason you have such a shit, entitled attitude is because you take all the good things in your life for granted.
So what you're saying is that I should just accept that other peole will treat me unfairly. Because it could be even worse?
>>
>>17675080
>Wrong. What they do affects me whether I like it or not.

No, you let it affect you. I'll give you an example. Say you mom, or someone you were really close to, said that you're a worthless human being and they're ashamed of you. That would be really hurtful right? They're being really mean, and worse yet, they may even be right! Oh GOD, no. It would really upset you. Now say you're walking down the street and a clearly mentally ill person stops in front of you and says the exact same thing. This homeless person says to you, "You are a worthless human being, and I am ashamed of you," then walks off. Would you be as hurt then? Would it really cut you as deep? Of course not. Why not? It's the exact same statement, why would it differ? Because YOUR opinion of the person saying it is different. You chose how much someone can affect you by how much importance you give to their opinion of you.
>>
>>17675112
You're talking about words. Words don't matter. I'm talking about rejections, I'm talking about not getting jobs, I'm talking about being pushed out of social groups. That kinda stuff.

Now you can say you don't let it affect you, but if it happens, it affects you.
>>
>>17675093
>I could have had much more.
And you could also have much less. What's your point?

>I'll be miserable due to my inferiority.
You'll be miserable because you choose to keep reminding yourself of your disadvantages, while ignoring everything you have going for you.

>So what you're saying is that I should just accept that other peole will treat me unfairly. Because it could be even worse?

No, you have to accept it because no one is treated fairly 100% of the time, and you're no exception. You should be grateful and therefore less negative - maybe - because it could be worse.
>>
>>17675132
>And you could also have much less. What's your point?
My point is that just because I could have less doesn't give the people an excuse to treat me differently based on things out of my control.

>No, you have to accept it because no one is treated fairly 100% of the time, and you're no exception.
Some get treated better.
>>
If someone rejects you, try somewhere else. You act like you're the only one who is ever rejected. You don't get the job, apply for another one. A different kind of rejection, but again, others get rejected as well. Pushed out of social circles? Is there anyone who is accepted in all circles? Who is this mythical creature, and how do I accept him into my circle?

It affects you only in concrete terms, like you may not have money if you don't get a job - things like that. The worse anyone can do to you is deprive you of necessities - access to shelter, food, etc. That can definitely affect you whether you want it to or not. But everything else has a solution.
>>
>>17675144
>My point is that just because I could have less doesn't give the people an excuse to treat me differently based on things out of my control.

People don't need an excuse to do anything to you. You can be super rich, famous, attractive, etc. and still be treated like shit. It doesn't matter.

>Some get treated better.
Some get treated worse. Again, what's your point? I assume the above. Right. It seems like you want to live in a idealized fantasy world where no one is biased, or prejudiced, or bigoted - or anything negative. Well, I hate to break it to you, but literally no one ever will. We will all be subject to some type of unfairness or disadvantage in our lifetime. The best we can do is not let it stop us, let alone let it ruin our entire lives.
>>
>>17675147
>We will all be subject to some type of unfairness or disadvantage in our lifetime. The best we can do is not let it stop us, let alone let it ruin our entire lives.
The best you can do is fight back against it.
>>
>>17675173
Why is that best?
>>
>>17675184
That's what a man does. If the whole world collectively decides to treat you worse for something you can not change, do you just take it? Do you accept their behavior and try to work your way around it? That's not what a man does.
>>
>>17675189
Not what a real man does? According to whom? That same world that mistreated you? lol
>>
>>17675227
No. According to me. When someone hits you don't just turn the other cheek. When someone mistreats you, you don't just accept it.
>>
>>17675233
Alright. Then what do you plan to do about it? How will you lash out against cosmic injustice?
>>
>>17675246
:^)

So you're not concerned with whether it's justfified or not?
>>
>>17675249
That really isn't for me to decide, lol. Also, I just want to see where that train of thought is going, as in, what will it accomplish. Will it make things better, etc.
>>
>>17675259
>Will it make things better, etc.
It will not. Then again, what does it matter? My life has no value for I am inferior. I was never alive. I'm a stillborn. Nothing for me to lose.
>>
>>17675263
>It will not.
Then why bother?

>Then again, what does it matter?
Exactly!

>My life has no value for I am inferior.
You are the one that decides to keep affirming this to yourself, even though it's not true. Life has no inherent value, only the value you ascribe to it. As for being inferior, that is a useless label. If you don't like the way you currently are, or the way your life is, change it. Improve it.

>I was never alive. I'm a stillborn.
No drama necessary.

>Nothing for me to lose.
BUT THEN EVERYTHING TO GAIN! When you hit rock bottom, there's nowhere to go but up. Then again, you know you're not at rock bottom, you cheeky cunt.
>>
>>17675285
>Then why bother?
To send a message I guess. Otherwise people might interpret it that I'm okay with the treatment.

>As for being inferior, that is a useless label. If you don't like the way you currently are, or the way your life is, change it. Improve it
The things I can not change?

On one hand you tell me to accept the unfairness and bad treatment by people. On the other hand you tell me to be confident in myself and happy. How can I be happy knowing I'm allowing people to treat me like shit?
>>
>>17675297
>To send a message I guess. Otherwise people might interpret it that I'm okay with the treatment.
I don't think anyone being mean to you, purposely as you say they do, would assume you're going to be okay with it.

>On one hand you tell me to accept the unfairness and bad treatment by people. On the other hand you tell me to be confident in myself and happy.
You have to accept what you can't change. You don't have to like it to accept that it won't change. You have to focus on what you can do for yourself, for example distancing yourself from those that would treat you poorly without a justifiable reason. To be happy is what you owe yourself. You're the only person who has control over how content you are. Again, it isn't people that influence this, it's your beliefs about them and yourself. That's within your power to change.

>How can I be happy knowing I'm allowing people to treat me like shit?
You're not allowing it, because that implies you can stop it - forever. You can stop it momentarily by standing up for yourself if someone is being unfair, but what you ask for is unconditional acceptance, which isn't going to happen, for you or anyone. You have to learn to live your life as best you can in spite of the obstacles you may encounter.
>>
>>17675313
>I don't think anyone being mean to you, purposely as you say they do, would assume you're going to be okay with it.
You're right. They don't even care.

>You're the only person who has control over how content you are.
Why should I be content knowing I could have had much more if I was born superior?
>>
Wow, another edge lord trying to sound interesting. At least you'll be in school this time tomorrow.
>>
>>17675319
>You're right. They don't even care.
No one said they had to. You shouldn't either. That's the point.

>Why should I be content knowing I could have had much more if I was born superior?
You don't have to be content if you don't want to. No one said you absolutely must like it. You're the one who said you wanted to stop being so negative. It doesn't seem like that's true. It seems like you like it. So go ahead.
>>
>>17675080
>Typical. Nothing to say so they insult

It's a perfectly fitting insult
You're a brat
>Why do I have to do x??? Chad's mom doesn't make him do x!!! This isn't fair!!

Whiny baby
>>
>>17675063
Wanting to be with someone you find physically attractive is a perfectly realistic goal however
And then you ruined it
>>
>>17675173
#betauprising2k17
>>
>>17675579
But look at the bright side, your mom gives us all perspective on how bad it can actually be.
>>
>>17675564
If there is a good reason to be negative (and being born inferior is one) then I will be negative.

>>17675571
>Whiny baby
So someone who complains about unfairness is a baby? And a real man just lets others shit on him? That's a man to you? What a joke.
>>
>>17675628
I'm not sure what you're saying
But if you're trying to make an your mama joke because you think I insulted you when I say you ruined it I don't mean you specifically
I mean you the imaginary ugly person who's partner had to settle that I was talking about
>>
>>17675641
Yes. Anyone who just complains and doesn't actually do anything to fix it is a baby. And anyone who complains about unfixable things is also a baby. A real man gets shit done, wether he enjoys it or not
>>
>>17675649
>Yes. Anyone who just complains and doesn't actually do anything to fix it is a baby.
How can you fix it? How can you stop other people treating you poorly for your inferiority?

>A real man gets shit done, wether he enjoys it or not
You're a good cuck. So imagine you're someone inferior, all your life you get treated poorly compared to superior people. And you work hard and improve yourself for these very people? This is what a real man is to you?

You're a manipulated boy.
>>
>>17675659
>How can you stop other people treating you poorly for your inferiority

Hide your inferiority
>>
>>17675659
I can't be the only one dying laughing at this edgelord's attempt to seem like an intellectual.
>>
>>17675644
Oh come on, this is a troll thread. Why so serious?

Besides, it's perfectly possible for both parties in a relationship to find each other very attractive. Just because someone does not get their ultimate fantasy does not mean they are not content with what they have. Usually, if they do feel like they've settled, the relationship doesn't really stand the test of time. The grass will always be greener...
>>
>>17675669
Why should I? I didn't choose to get born inferior.

Also when I hide it, it will show up again inevitably.
>>
>>17675659
>And you work hard and improve yourself for these very people?

You're improving yourself for yourself, so these people don't mistreat you anymore
Improving yourself isn't doing them a favor. They don't give a fuck if you do it or not. You can drop dead for all they care
>>
>>17675677
>Why should I fix it? I'm not the one who broke it.

Whiny fucking child
I really hope you're underage
>>
>>17675673
I like how you're not disproving anything.

>>17675679
>You're improving yourself for yourself, so these people don't mistreat you anymore
Yeah, that's the point exactly. So they're mistreating me for something out of my control and I shouldn't be angry about that? I shouldn't be negative? You must be out of your fucking mind.
>>
>>17675688
I'm 24. Also you're right. I didn't break it so it's not up to me to fix it.
>>
>>17675694
You're not the one who broke it but guess what you retard, you're the only one who's there to fix it
Everyone else is busy
So fucking get to it
>>
>>17675689
No one says you should or should not be anything at all. You're the one that stated your "toxic mindset" was a "problem," indicating that you had some interest in changing it. It's apparent that you do not. So what's your problem. What do you want?
>>
>>17675689
>I like how you're not disproving anything.
Pfft-hahahahaha, that's a good one. Me humoring you.
>>
>>17675701
I'm not such a cuck to do that.

>>17675705
I will not change my mindset until I decide that it's wrong. But all you guys are proving is that it's actually right. You're telling me to ignore and accept it. Which something completely different.
>>
>>17675694
Seriously how can you not see your thought process is exactly like that of a child? You behave exactly like an entitled little creature who has no idea what personal responsability is
>>
>>17675714
>But all you guys are proving is that it's actually right.
Yeah, that's all we're doing. Definitely no one stopping in the thread just to call you a retard.
>>
>>17675720
Guess what? If it's out of my control, then I'm not responsible for it.
>>
>>17675714
You're so much the cuck you're not only allowing people to mistreat you, you're giving them more fuel and more proof of your inferiority with your immature defeatist behavior. Why should we be nice to anon? He doesn't even make an attempt to prove us wrong anyway. If he didn't like it he'd do something about it, but since he's so passive he must agree he deserves every bit of it
>>
>>17675724
It's not out of your control
You might not have been the one who broke the fucking teacup but there's nothing stopping you from picking up the pieces and supergluing it back up
>>
>>17675733
>If he didn't like it he'd do something about it, but since he's so passive he must agree he deserves every bit of it
You people are shit. You think you're entitled to treat someone like shit for things out of their control.
>>
>>17675736
Why should I? I didn't break it. And if you try to attack me for not gluing it back together, then you're just proving my point. You're proving that being negative makes sense.
>>
>>17674878
>Well they're based on the truth
The only and the one because. . .
>>
>>17675737
>I-I'm not a c-cuck!
>Y-you're poop!
>>
>>17675741
What?
>>
>>17675744
What you just said.

1. You will treat someone like shit for things out of their control
2. You expect them to work hard to compensate in other areas otherwise you will not stop treating them like shit
3. You use them not trying to conform to your insane ideas as a justification for treating them like shit in the first place.

You people are legitimately insane.
>>
>>17675754
What?
>>
>>17675737
I'm treating you like shit because of your shit fucking unpleasant personality
You can control that
But you don't want to
>>
>>17675763
Funny. Cause and effect. Rings any bells?

People treat inferiors poorly no matter how they behave. And when someone who is treated poorly gets angry and bitter they use this as a justification to treat them poorly. Which is obviously retarded.
>>
>>17675754
Honestly why would someone treat you nice? Like seriously think about it? No one is entitled to nice things. Life is shit like that.
>>
>>17675770
>People treat inferiors poorly no matter how they behave

Wrong
Behavior changes things
That's what people are yelling at you since the start of the thread
But you're too ashamed to change your behavior, you think it's humiliating so you don't want to
>>
>>17675770
Are you going to answer me or is that too difficult?
>>
>>17674818
>When someone hits you, you hit back. You don't just bend over.

You're not being rational here. You are being instinctive. Impulsive. Like an animal that bites when you step unintentionally on his paw. Restrict your action according to your Conscious Will toward a particular purpose is a valuable human trait.
>>
>>17675773
Yep. That's why I'm negative and bitter.

>>17675781
Wrong. People are more likely to treat ugly (inferior) people poorly.

>>17675782
What were you asking exactly? There is not a single question in your post.
>>
>>17675789
Except people aren't doing it unintentionally. They're treating inferiors poorly even though they could choose not to.
>>
>>17675791
Read.
>>17675762
I hope this isn't too much for you.
>>
>>17675791
>People are more likely to treat ugly (inferior) people poorly.

More likely doesn't mean 100% guaranteed baby
>>
>>17675798
Except that's a completely different post you retard.

>>17675799
Doesn't matter. It's much more likely. Not fair.
>>
>>17675802
Again, are you going to answer me or not? It's okay if you're not capable.
>>
>>17675806
What are you asking exactly? Because if it's just "What?" then I'm not gonna answer. You gotta be more speficic.
>>
>>17675812
Disappointing. You have the entire thread for context yet are not smart enough to answer.
>>
>>17675802
So what if it isn't fair? Grow up anon
It isn't fair that someone with such a negative attitude gets to live in a comfy place with internet access millions of others struggle to get clean water for themselves but here we are
You can't ask for fairness
Fairness isn't naturally occurring
>>
>>17675818
And you have the entire thread of answers and yet you ask me.
>>
>>17675795
>Except people aren't doing it unintentionally. They're treating inferiors poorly even though they could choose not to.

I am saying that the behavior should not be reactive. But active.
Often it is advisable not to react to a robbery for example.
You will not always react to negative cases. Often you will measure the consequences before. Sometimes, the consequences should cause you to bend, if that not happen, you will break.
>>
>>17675825
Oh, can you point out where you answered the question earlier in the thread? This should be something you can handle.
>>
>>17675824
>So what if it isn't fair? Grow up anon
I don't get that. There is nothing grown-up about accepting injustice. That's cuckoldry.

>You can't ask for fairness
I can and I will. As long as there are people luckier than me.
>>
>>17675827
>Sometimes, the consequences should cause you to bend, if that not happen, you will break.
I will not let normies bend me. I'm not a cuck.

>>17675829
Once again. Which question? There have been many asked ITT.
>>
>>17675834
It's already been pointed out. >>17675762

It might be easier for you to just tell me this isn't something you can do.
>>
>>17675834
>I will not let normies bend me. I'm not a cuck.

You will, or you will break. Only those which are flexible enough survive.
>>
>>17675830
>I can and I will. As long as there are people luckier than me.
So how will you apply this to the animal world? In nature without animals doing things on purpose.

Because definitely there are some animals luckier than others.
>>
>>17675839
Some people get born luckier. The ones who get born inferior are expected to bend. That will not happen.
>>
>>17675842
What?
>>
>>17675841
Yeah animals just have to accept it, which is also fucked up. They would be better of never being alive. It's better to be dead than live a life of humiliation and inferiority. Either you the top or you might as well be dead.
>>
>>17675848
Well that settles it
Better drink that bleach then
>>
>>17675848
What?
>>
>>17675850
Yep. That sure does settle it. Being toxic and negative makes sense then. I was dumb for ever trying to go against reality. Now I can see that.
>>
>>17675856
What?
>>
>>17675848
Beside the fact that as some anon pointed out that is a childish attitude "better dead than bot lol" I have to tell you that animals don't accept anything, because they don't see that kind of things.

What I tried to do is to make you see from other point of view the fact of the luck. Luck NEVER be fair, luck NEVER will be controled.

Some people say that positive thoughs or feelings can atract positive luck and vice versa. And yet although it is not proven, it is not false.

You CAN'T ask to a random chance of something to be "fair".

Sorry for bad english.
>>
>>17675856
Being toxic and negative doesn't make sense
You should stop being that ASAP
Which is either by changing your mindset which you don't want to
Or by stopping being
>>
>>17675795
You can choose not to be a huge pussy, but you're not doing that either, are you?
>>
>>17675859
>Beside the fact that as some anon pointed out that is a childish attitude "better dead than bot lol"
Why? It's not childish to have backbone.

>I have to tell you that animals don't accept anything, because they don't see that kind of things.
I know obviously.

>Some people say that positive thoughs or feelings can atract positive luck and vice versa. And yet although it is not proven, it is not false.
[citation needed]

>You CAN'T ask to a random chance of something to be "fair".
I can ask people to treat me fairly.
>>
>>17675862
Given everything that has been said it does make sense. Moreso considering the shit luck I've had.

>>17675863
How? By accepting the unfairness?
>>
>>17675876
Kek, faggot.
>>
>>17675869
>[citation needed]
Which part of "is not proven" did you miss? As I said, is not proven, yet people still see it. A kind of example to this will be Murphy's Law.

>I can ask people to treat me fairly.
Actually, you asked for a lot of things in this thread, but I'm replying to this.

You CAN'T ask people for that, since you can't tell people what they have to do. That's the beginning of freedom. Yet, we are going to imagine you have some kind of authority and you can tell people what they have to do.

You again CAN'T ask people to treat you the way you want, since you can't bring up other argument than "your position on [whatever]is better than mine, so due on that you can't treat me [that way]"

The same way you don't have control of your luck, people don't have it either, so they will treat you as they think because they had been rised in X way, as you did in other.
>>
>>17675892
>Which part of "is not proven" did you miss? As I said, is not proven, yet people still see it. A kind of example to this will be Murphy's Law.
I don't see it.

>You CAN'T ask people for that, since you can't tell people what they have to do. That's the beginning of freedom.
And they're free to treat me like shit? That's their freedom? If that's the case, then fuck their freedom.

>The same way you don't have control of your luck, people don't have it either, so they will treat you as they think because they had been rised in X way, as you did in other.
They got lucky. That's the point.
>>
>>17675901
>I don't see it.
>Some people say that positive thoughs or feelings can atract positive luck and vice versa. And yet although it is not proven, it is not false.
There you go.

>then fuck their freedom
Did you know what a totalirsm is? This is why anons are saying you have a childish attitude, you can't forbid something you don't like. Fortunately luck USUALLY DON'T limit our personal freedom.

>They got lucky. That's the point.
>I'm asking something because I have some luck I didn't ask for, yet other people who didn't ask for that luck neither, have to change their personality towards me.

This is how I'm seeing this. You're trying to modelate THE WORLD towards you without an actual pooint.
>>
>>17675869
>It's not childish to have backbone

That's not a backbone
It is childish to be absolutely entitled and inflexible
>>
>>17675913
>There you go.
People attract luck through superiority, not positive attitude.

>This is why anons are saying you have a childish attitude, you can't forbid something you don't like
So other people are free to treat me like shit? That's their freedom? And for not wanting to accept this, you call me a totalitarian? You must be out of your fucking mind.
>>
>>17675921
Oh right. To let people treat you like shit, that's what having a backbone means, right?
>>
>>17675922
>People attract luck through superiority, not positive attitude.
I don't know why you replied me that, since I replied you to the "I don't see where you typed 'it is not proven'" but whatever.
Also, "superiority" doesn't attract luck. People who usually are good at something or have excesive amounts of something, USUALLY earned. I'm not entering on how come, if legally or not, but usually they were hard-working and a chanced appeared, because that CHANCES are random and uncontrolable.

>So other people are free to treat me like shit? That's their freedom? And for not wanting to accept this, you call me a totalitarian?
I called you a totalitarian because you saaid "fuck their freedom" that should you make think something. Beside that, the same way people are free to treat you like shit (which some anons said they doubt 100% guaranteed is kind of imposbile) you have the same freedom of doing whatever you want to do. That includes just complainning for imposible, like right now, but it also has treating them the same way or ignoring their faces and focusing on something you like more than listening to their shit.
>>
>>17675922
How did you attract enough luck to be here with an internet connection speaking fluent english on 4chan? In a world full of sick people eating from the garbage? That means youre superior now?
>>
>>17675922
>And for not wanting to accept this, you call me a totalitarian?
There's a difference between not accepting something, and wanting to force it to be different.
>>
>>17675942
>People who usually are good at something or have excesive amounts of something, USUALLY earned.
Really? From my experience, that's not true. People get born superior and then they are good at things.

>you have the same freedom of doing whatever you want to do
I don't get what you mean. I can't ignore the whole society. Unless I want to live like a hermit.
>>
>>17675944
In my country it's not that uncommon to have internet connection. As for speaking fluent english, 4chan taught me that.

>>17675946
Exactly my point. If I just don't accept it, it's useless. It needs to be changed.
>>
>>17675960
>Really? From my experience, that's not true. People get born superior and then they are good at things.
You speak like there's some magical forces involved. Again I would like to remember you the childish attitude. Nothing just "werks" because it is the way it is by itself.

>I don't get what you mean. I can't ignore the whole society. Unless I want to live like a hermit.
Your freedom let you do this, if you will want it. But it also lets you fight in a reasonable way, with reasonable points. Or just whatever. That is freedom.

Also, on a side note.

>In my country it's not that uncommon to have internet connection
How do you get this internet connection right now and how did you get to the point you have it?
>>
>>17675997
>You speak like there's some magical forces involved.
Yeah. It's called genes and family.

>How do you get this internet connection right now and how did you get to the point you have it?
Irrelevant.
>>
>>17676003
>Yeah. It's called genes and family.
Well, I hate it to break it for you, but that is determined by luck, once again. Because even genetics are not sure ever. And even if you get your family genes, nothing assures you that you will go great with your family and get whatever they want to give to you.

>Irrelevant
I knew you won't reply to this quesiton. As >>17675944 pointed out you have your own luck and therefore you get a few things. You CAN'T negate that luck of you, even if its very small.
>>
>>17676013
>Well, I hate it to break it for you, but that is determined by luck, once again.
Yes that's my whole point.

Sure I had some small luck of my own. So? In the end I'm still more inferior than not.
>>
>>17676016
Then is not a magical force or something like that. Randoom chances applied by random forces give us random positions in random lifes. And it is only like that. You can't fight them, you can't even accept them. Actually, I don't get you "yes, luck is my point" as a point. Is your point about what? People do the things that people usually do? I read all the thread and you gave various replies. What do you try to get and from where? People being nice? Again you can't. Luck very fair? Nope.

What do you want?
>>
Oh god, what is the actual fucking point of this discussion? OP realizes his life is shit and wants it to change, yet not only he refuses to do anything about it, he expects others to convince him to take action too. While at the same time completely realizing that things won't change on their own.

He's either trolling or completely fucking schizophrenic. Either way, ignore him. He's simply looking for further justification for not doing anything.
>>
>>17676018
>>17676016
I would have liked to OP replied my post, but as I guessed he won't.

I hate to admit, but probably it is more like >>17676036 said, he wants to know "nobody can" negative his believes so he can keep doing the same. What a pity.
>>
Remember Death. It removes all the injustices and let everyone on the same level. In the end, no matter how much you resist reality. The only things that matter are your legacy, what have you done with your life, if that makes you happy and how you will be remembered. No matter where you started, everything ends in death.

Remember that there is Virtue. Machiavelli said that in addition to Fortuna (luck) is nescessário Virtu (virtue). Fortuna are uncontrollable and unavoidable events of life. Virtue is the ability to adapt and change the behavior according to the change of the tide. Its flexibility. Both are necessary, but the Virtù is the only one that can suppress luck toward a happy life and success.

Neither life nor reality care about your opinion. Life is as it is. Happiness lies in peace of mind facing adversity. The rest is only temporary joy.
>>
>>17674818
lol
beta
>>
>>17674818
Stop looking at life as a series of years and start viewing life as a string of days. Record you habits that you do daily, look at them. If you want to change your life you need to change the stuff you do daily, everyday you should have a goal to reach.
>Working hard to compensate for your shortcomings is humiliating
Working hard or working smart, its up to you. Theyre your shortcomings take some fucking responsability, put in the hardwork, learn from your mistake.

Morons never learns from a mistake, a smart man learns from his own mistakes, A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

>There is a clear social hierarchy among people that is strictly enforced
Not so clear. The longer the groups been in place the more the hierarchy is strengthened. You can always climb the hierarchy, you can even disregard the hierarchy, no one cares.

>Having a more difficult life because of things out of your control is unacceptable

Life is hard for everyone in their own sort of sense. Get some fucking perspective. Kill yourself if your not willing to work hard from time to time.

Blue pill/red pill theory. Yes accepting the truth hurts but its the only way you can achieve longterm happiness in the future. Seeing things for what they are gives you advantage of those who would disregard it.

>Accepting unfairness of life makes you weak, also participating in society that treats you unfairly is retarded

Op out now if thats how you feel. No one owes you shit. You earn your places or luck into your place in this society.

Be intelligent and figure your way up or get out.
>>
>>17674818
I think the best way to fix this is to kill yourself.

The 2nd best way is to conform.

You might think it's not scientific but the fact that majority of the people who had experienced this before chose to conform.

It's not like you can do anything.
You clearly aren't motivated to change at all.

Humans are social creatures and that means it is our responsibility to live in society properly.

Life's unfair and that's that. If you feel that it is unfair that you have to work extremely hard, a lot harder than your able peers to change your life and make it better, you either just don't look at it and live blindly or simply run away. Kill yourself.

Again, you may find it unscientific because it doesn't give you the answer you want but, who cares.

If you really wanted to change the situation, I'm sure you would've done it a long time ago since you're a fucking troll KEK
>>
>>17678494
>Theyre your shortcomings take some fucking responsability

His whole premise is that he isn't the one who created his shortcomings therefore isn't responsible
>>
>>17678603
Hes beyond help then.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.