[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long Distance Relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1899.jpg (2MB, 2496x1664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1899.jpg
2MB, 2496x1664px
Currently dating someone hundreds of miles away, it's so fucking hard. Has anyone done that? How did it end up? I'm getting so fed up.
Bf and I have been dating for almost 2 years now, I moved in with him for a while but moved back because I missed my family (I regret it everyday) now everythings changing and the bf is acting weird and goes out every night and stays out until like 5 am and barely keep me updated. He's never been like this before and I don't know how to react. Ugh. I just want someone to talk to but i have no fucking friends.
>>
>Conflating multiple issues into one huge problem.

Look, LDRs are very difficult things that seldom work, often if they do, you need a clear end point. That means you need to be able to say (in whatever way shape or form) "We'll be together on x date". A lot of LDRs are just perpetually LDRs which is just heartbreaking (to be in).

>bf is acting weird
>goes out every night
>stays out until like 5 am
>barely keep me updated

It's probably best for you to put your relationship to one side and work on yourself.

>Ugh. I just want someone to talk to but i have no fucking friends.

Here's the key thing- even though you're unhappy in your relationship, you're not alone! Even though it makes you feel lonely, even though it's probably draining your mental energy and preventing you from making friends, you're still not alone.

I think, it's only going to get worse and end badly. You should put yourself first and work on your own problems/confidence/whatever.

FYI I've done two~ one was an unplanned LDR and the other was a planned LDR, both turned out rather badly. You have to be pretty mature, I'd say.
>>
>>17674735
Thank you for replying. It's so hard because he's never been like this. He's always given me his entire heart and soul, which I've taken for granted a couple of times. He's told me he's starting to work on himself and his confidence and I guess that means leaving me behind and it shatters my fragile little heart. This is both of ours first really serious relationship but it's always felt so right for both of us. We've talked about getting married or even just moving back in together soon. I hate this insecurity I have hanging over my head. I know he's faithful when he goes out but it's the fact that he isn't giving me any attention that kills. We've always been super clingy, we'd text all the fucking time and now I feel like I have to beg him to put aside time for me.
>>
>>17674715
I'm afraid I can only re-iterate >>17674735

I have no direct experience of an LDR but my best friend (from Scotland) maintained one with a girl he met from Florida in 2015.

They done the usual things like Skype/texting on the regular.
Though they did keep each other updated frequently, they didn't freak out if contact dissipated for a while.

There were plenty of occasions where me and my mate were "out til like 5am" and as far as I have seen, it was no big deal. But my mate's a good guy and barely bat an eyelid at other females anyway.

However, the key ingredient was that there was a plan for them to be physically together and they made it happen. They maintained the LDR for about 8 months then moved to New Zealand together and have just recently become engaged.

It can work, but you both need to be a little more proactive and practical about your endgame by the sounds of it.
>>
>>17674715
I thought I had an amazing LDR relationship with a girl.

Turns out the entire thing was a lie. She was fucking another man the entire time. Then shove moved and started fucking even more guys.

I was loyal the entire time. I tried super hard to get to her but she kept making excuses (because shes a whore).

Don't bother. Even if you're a good person the other person will be a monster.
>>
Seems simple enough to me...

You literally just ditched him. In life you choose a partner who will stick by you...always.

Parents, siblings, friends...they aren't meant to share your storyline in the same way your S/O is supposed to.

I live away from my family with my S/O. Guess what I do when I miss them?

I go visit them. I don't fucking say adios and dip.
>>
a good friend of mine is going through a similar situation as you OP but it's more reversed.

This friend who is a girl has been in LDR
for 6 years and she has recently told me
She feels her boyfriend isn't going anywhere in his life, in regards to being successful or making progression in his life even regarding their relationship (like moving in together or asking to get married)
My guess she is tired of waiting and wants to live her life freely and independently but she understands how much he loves her is loyal to her so they stay together.. She tells me they've always worked together over the years that nobody will be like him because it's her first love of her life.

But here's the kicker: she cheated on him already.I don't know the details (except for 1 time) And she always admits to herself it was a mistake, and it doesn't matter she shouldn't worry about it. She wants to move on, but still wants to keep him around. she doesn't want to admit to him about her cheating because it would destroy him. Frankly im impartial to the situations she gets into and don't mind her faults and the far out things she says but this is a bit too much for me, in that i don't know what i could say other than be a good friend and listen to her. thoughts?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.