[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women and depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: kimkardash.jpg (70KB, 560x501px) Image search: [Google]
kimkardash.jpg
70KB, 560x501px
Why do so many women have depression and low self esteem? Almost every single woman I have dated or slept with has admitted that they:

1. Struggle with depression
2. See a therapist for depression
3. Have low self esteem

I'm talking, probably 14 women have told me this. They are all young and attractive, but have some sort of weird emptiness inside of them. Or are they all just faking? Is it all for attention?
>>
Im not women but I have depression too
>>
>>17674372
we're entering an era where women have to do more than just be pretty and pop children out, and unfortunately the life advice our parents pass onto women in our generation doesn't agree with our reality anymore
>>
>>17674372
The nature of society and its effect on our biology makes us hate ourselves. Its the same way with men. People dont learn to self affirm anymore and rely on other people for validation in a society which rates self worth with social media, upvotes, views.
>>
I think it's a mix of women being more in tune w their emotions and societal pressures. Throw in struggles with anxiety and you'll cover 100% of females
>>
>>17674386
>In tune with my emotions

That's another thing women tell me a lot. I believe it's code for "I'm a gigantic fucking narcissist and I think about myself, and how I feel about things like 80% of the day".
>>
>>17674395
Is it abnormal to relate your experiences to yourself and evaluate their affect on you?
>>
It's difficult existing knowing that your main worth in life is in your sexual attractiveness. To make matters worse, it's quite obvious when you're young that you're not quite as attractive as the girls guys your age talk about.

Men are only now figuring this out with the advent of tindr.

I doubt society will every get over it; sex feels pretty ingrained in us.
>>
>>17674372
Both men and women struggle with depression, but it's twice more likely in women.
Statistics say that around 12-15% of women will struggle with depression at some point in their life.
I guess that there are biological reasons (stronger hormones fluctuations, genetic predisposition), psychological reasons (women and men relate with emotions differently - women get sad and frustrated, men get angry) and social reasons (women stress more).
Women are also more likely to seek therapy and help, so they get more often diagnosed with depression.
Males kill themselves MUCH more than females.
>>
>>17674372

Same thing with my ex, she seemed insecure at first and needed a lot of attention and assurance and eventually she got better and better looking but it seemed to only make her feel worse because he friends started showing signs of jealousy hanging around with her. Ended up a full blown weed addict with anxiety and depression, shits fucked. Girls have it hard man, the competition gets to them, they're always trying to outdo their friends and judging their self worth by the attention they get from social media and comparing themselves to random instagram models and peoples idealised lifestyle snapshots on facebook. Not to mention a majority of girls are extremely lazy and have no real passions or drives in life other then to look good, party and travel.
>>
I hate it when girls complain constantly about being fat but they're actually at a weight I find attractive. They've made up their minds and there's little to nothing a guy can say or do.
>>
>>17674372
Capitalism creates unnatural expectations of women, and causes them to be things they weren't biologically suited to be; thus lots of women have lots of psychological issues stemming from modern life.
>>
>>17674456

That's because girls want these things to please other girls, I'm pretty certain most of them realise and understand that guys find them perfectly attractive with how they are currently but they want to be "skinny" for themselves and for the envy of other girls who feel the same. The whole female population is just a pissing contest. They would be most happy if every girl wanted to be them rather then have the hottest guy want to fuck them.
>>
>>17674372
(the follwing is in general)It all has to do with the way girls today are raised and learn to behave in society and how most women think its okay for them to be stupid and useless and get their livelihood from different men and eventually a husband. A woman, like any other person needs to find fulfillment within themselves. A lot of them don't seek out a serious career and personal hobby like guys do, they instead do what women are taught to do in our society. They dont take themselves, their dreams, and their lives as seriously as they should be. They instead find security in their current partner and other women while preoccupying themselves with more distractions than the average person needs.
>>
>>17674500

This is very accurate but I think this applies for a majority of 20-somethings, males included. We're at a stage where if we live in a first world country we have incredibly privileged lifestyles that don't exactly push us to make changes because we're comfortable existing. This eventually catches up to people and they start questioning their purpose and worth as they haven't accomplished very much at all. This is why so many people suffer with anxiety and depression, everything seems pointless when you have it all.
>>
>>17674466
Retard detected.
>>
>>17674500
>>17674466

Some faggots on this board. Women aren't supposed to do anything. They're supposed to look pretty, service our dicks, run the house hold, and bare children.

Women need to GET OUT OF THE WORKFORCE. THEY ARE TERRIBLE.
>>
>>17675580
Women in history have always worked. The only women who didn't work were upper class women.
Even when women started to stay at home and take care of the house, there was still a lot of work to do.
Now a housewife barely has to do shit, unless she is pregnant/has small kids, which might be a thing for, what - 10-15 years tops?
Women should keep working. They always did, and there is pretty much no reason to stay at home.
>>
Hmm.. I struggle with depression, I see a therapist, AND I have low self-esteem.
Where the fuck is my vagina!?
>>
>>17674438
It's really the same for men, except sexual attractiveness is defined by money and status in addition to looks. That said, a woman's status can be a point of attraction.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.