[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this sound like a good way to start a conversation with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: confused1.jpg (1MB, 2121x1414px) Image search: [Google]
confused1.jpg
1MB, 2121x1414px
Does this sound like a good way to start a conversation with a cute girl in one of my lectures?

We have an in-class midterm tomorrow, so I figured that either if I get there before I could possibly stand outside the class near her and ask a few questions or something. If that doesn't work, maybe after the exam/after the class we both have immediately after the midterm I figured I could ask her and her group of friends about the exam and see how they felt or some shit and try to hold a quick conversation from there or something.

Does that sound okay, or am I just going in to disappoint myself, or am I over thinking it?

She's really cute, been wanting to talk to her for a while but haven't found the courage since she's almost always in a friend group.
>>
>>17674366
Just introduce yourself. If you see she's alone before or after class, introduce your self and ask her about the class, if she enjoys it, how she did on x assignment or test.

If you see her away from the class, walk up and say hey arn't you in x class? Then introduce yourself, make a bit of small talk and then ask her out for coffee or lunch.

You've got the hunger, now you need the balls. The balls to not worry if you make a fool of yourself. There are always more cute grills.
>>
>>17674366
I'm laffin'
>>
>>17674366

You're on the right track, i'd suggest not planning a time for it and just keep an eye out when the time feels right, like if she's standing alone or not in conversation with people. In the mean time you can show interest by smiling every time you pass each other or look in each others direction, will make it easier to say if you build some kind of foundation like that rather then a complete stranger walking up and talking to you.
>>
>>17674421
Yeah before class seems like a good spot, if she's alone. I usually show up early and she's already there waiting, but usually she's talking to a friend.

Should I really jump right into asking her out? I don't really know how this stuff works to be honest, I'm more used to just asking out friends after a little bit. Like, getting to know them and their interests and then asking them out after a little bit.

>>17674439

I've had classes with this girl in the past and she has smiled a couple of times back at me when I've seen her on campus outside of class, but that's really all I can think of.

I really don't know this girl at all which just kinda makes it worse to me. I've seen her in a bunch of classes, but I've never once said hi to her. I usually do look in her direction, but I sit farther up and to the left of her, and I've only caught a few quick glances in my direction, but it could be because I was just staring at her hoping she'd look back.

I guess planning would be over thinking though, I'll just do what you said and do it when it feels right or something.
>>
>>17674548

Do you have any mutual friends? You can start by talking to people around her, and then it won't look like you're directly approaching her, it will also be easier on your nerves if you're talking to people you don't care about.

At the end of the day though, if you're nervous or whatever and she thinks you're attractive then she won't care, if she doesn't then she much just think you're awkward and weird. So whatever you do mostly depends on how she feels towards you, it's hard to mess up when the girl thinks you're good looking.
>>
>>17674560

I've got no idea if I'm good looking. Best idea is looking in a mirror, and honestly I think I'm pretty good looking, but that's obviously super biased.

I've got a strong jawline and slightly defined cheekbones, so I have a very slight dip in my cheeks, if you know what I mean. I'm kinda short, like 5'7 or 5'8, and I'm pretty skinny too, I don't workout much except like pushups.

The girl is definitely not out of my league, I'd honestly rate me a 6 or 7 out of ten and my dad (He's pretty straightforward, he's not really known to bs me to make me feel better) has agreed with that, I'm just slightly above average.

I've been told I look like Harry Potter.

But then again, I fucking HATE my smile.

If it really does depend on how attractive you are, I'm probably more scared now cause I honestly have no clue how girls view me. My only friend who's a girl rejected me a little while back and I don't think I'd want to ask her, "Hey, am I attractive?" She's pretty hot though, like an 8/10 to me.
>>
>>17674560
>>17674589

Oh yeah, and we have no mutual friends. One of her friends is in one of my classes where we work together with partners and she's spoken to me a couple times when asking another group for help, but aside from that, no I've honestly got no idea if she knows any of my friends or vice versa.

If the exam thing doesn't work out, I was thinking I could possibly move near her and her friends in the lecture since most of the time our professor gives out a quick 1 or 2 problem worksheet to see if we've been paying attention and lets you work with the kids around you. I could probably just ask for help from one of them and say thanks after the class.
>>
>>17674366
"Oi slag, do yer gash need ah bit ah me knob? Cuz Cap'n Willy 'ere is chompin' at 'is bit, if yah know what aye mean."
>>
I'm gonna go to sleep soon, so I'm just bumping this one last time.

I'm just gonna try to see if I can find a right moment to start talking. I'm just not sure if I should jump into asking her out, I mean I think she's cute and all but I've never really been on a date, let alone setting one up right after a meet her.
>>
>>17674589

It's not a completelty biased opinion, I think we are often most critical of ourselves, if you think you're above average than you most likely are. But it just depends on if you're her "type".

This friend of hers that you've worked with knows of you and has talked to you so you could approach her when she's around this girl you like and just ask her about the exam or anything else and then introduce yourself to the cute girl.
>>
>>17674366
I'd vote for after class. She (and you) could be too tense before the exam to focus on a conversation. After also gives you a natural topic of conversation.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.