[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to recognize the time to let go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 01.png (281KB, 681x453px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
281KB, 681x453px
Ok so the thing is I'm in a relationship with a woman and we fight a lot.
a lot.
about all the little things.
so, I came to /adv/ since I can't find this answer by myself.

how to recognize the moment where a relationship becomes unfixable?
>>
Well a good indicator is if you fight a lot.
>>
File: 1398335651108.jpg (158KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1398335651108.jpg
158KB, 1600x1200px
>>17673888
This.

>>17673885
Yeah man just end it. You'll find someone else. If you fight a lot, it's never gonna change. It's not meant to be. Leave.
>>
>>17674221

dude I have a kid with her. what about him?

also: c'mon, can't we try to fix things? SHouldn't we try, I mean?
>>
>>17673885

I wouldn't listen to these people saying to just end it, only you can know for sure. Me and my ex at about 2 year in started to have pretty frequent arguments about absolutely petty shit that I don't remember, I think we were spending a bit too much time together and got overly comfortable to dick each other around. We talked about it as an issue and seriously weighed up if it's a compatibility thing but we decided we loved each other too much to split over such petty things. Over time we would have very short periods where we had a few fights in a short span of time but these occurred less and less to where it didn't even matter. I think the best indicator is how you feel about her overall and if you're more happy than not when you're with her. Also communicating when you're both not angry and in a loving mood is a good way to sort through this stuff, you can sympathise and hear each other out and try to understand what makes you tick so the other can avoid certain buzzwords or doing certain things that will push you over the edge.
>>
I'm wondering the same thing.

>bf of 3 years

I just don't think we're compatible in any way. Sex is meh, outlooks on things are not similar, different values and expectations. It's so hard to break up when you still care about them.
>>
>>17674894

Talk to them, a lot, sit down one day and tell him you need to discuss your relationship in detail. Go over everything you need to and at the end of it you can come to a mutual decision to stay together or not. Holding onto this stuff and wondering "are we compatible" inside your head will only cause it to build up further until you will eventually get fed up with carrying all of these doubts and either cheat or break up.

I'm wondering how you got to 3 years with having different outlooks/values/expectations and not being compatible in any way including sexually? Are you sure this isn't just a rut you're going through together where you feel out of sync?

Either way do as I said, things CAN change if you both want them to and are willing to stay together and try.
>>
>>17674905
I do communicate a lot but it seems to go through one ear and out the other. I stayed 3 years because I do love him and care about him. We fight sometimes...maybe once a month. I've already told him I'd like more sex/told him what I like but nothing improves. He doesn't really say much back either or he gets super mad. I feel like his friend which is awesome but that's not why I'm with him.
>>
>>17674920

Have you done it seriously? Like in a calm gentle way ask tell him you are having these doubts about your future together and explain each reason why, tell him you feel like it might be the end if things don't change. Repeat everything you said here, about you feeling like friends and nothing more.

3 years is a long time, I say all of this because it's a shame to let something like that go without giving it everything you have. If he is unwilling to discuss it (which I doubt because it means losing you) or if he gets angry or whatever than you have your answer.

I think the way he reacts the other times you talk to him is because a) he doesn't actually believe you guys will break up, b) your tone or the way you say it just sounds like an argument to him. If you let him know this is pretty much the brink of breaking you might see him fight for you.

People get comfortable, it happens, they start to take things for granted that really mean a lot to them.
>>
>>17674905
I did this with my then girlfriend. Every time she'd give me shit for no reason I was aware of, I'd think can I seriously live with this or worse for the rest of my life?? Or her bullshit friends of bad influence? Nah
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.