[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i become clever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 786786.jpg (160KB, 301x524px) Image search: [Google]
786786.jpg
160KB, 301x524px
that's it.
how do i get smarter, how do i turn myself into a person that can make good decisions to improve his life?
>>
start selling cocain
>>
>>17673842
that's not clever atleast not where i live, i could get killed.
>>
>>17673845
Here's to hoping.
>>
>>17673829

1. List goals.
2. Get specific advice / read specific advice.
3. ???
4. Profit.

The problem isn't generally a lack of information. It's the lack of desire to act on it.
>>
>>17673969
>It's the lack of desire to act on it.
that tho.
i do not eat properly because no money.
but how to i overcome my laziness and motivate myself to move.

i feel like "numb" everyday.
desu my shithole country is getting worse everyday so i have limited time to scape from this hell.
i'm learning english i hope that helps.
>>
>>17673829
Brain games. Chess. Learn a language and read clever books
>>
>>17674086
"for dummies" are good books to start?
>>
>>17674095

If you're a poor reader, then maybe, though that will likely seem more like useless trivia in the long run. I would try to find reading tests to see what grade level you read at and then make your selections based on that.
>>
>>17674150
no, dude don't bother please.
i appreciate the interest and intention though.

and i think i'm poor reader i don't literally read anything besides internet.
>>
I read all the greats of 19th-20th century Literature. It didn't make me smarter, but it made people think I was.
>>
>>17673829
You don't want to be clever or smart. You want to be wiser, able to make better choices and judgments.

The best road to that is thinking before you act. If it's not an emergency must-decide-this-instant situation, take the time to think ahead about the possible outcomes of various choices.

Tryly great chess players don't just plan their next move. They sit there thinking "If I do this, he'll do that and then I'l do, and then he'll..., but if I move this other piece...." They can hold a dozen or more potential rest-of-the-game outlines in their head.

We don't have to be that complex. But every decision we make WILL have results, and some thought in advance about what those results might be can help us make better choices.
>>
>>17673985
You could live in fucking iraq and still get by, humans were build to last anywhere

Write your goals in big tard letters and glue em around your house, take a hard look at then everyday. that's what i did
>>
>>17674705
This, try thinking 5 "steps" ahead, should be easy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.