[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i about to die ???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: heart-attack.jpg (375KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
heart-attack.jpg
375KB, 2400x1600px
last night I dranked half a bottle of vodka and 2 full bottles of wine woke up today and now my heart is beating fast

i'm starting to get worried what should I do ???
>>
not at a usual rate and faster than usual I don't want to see a doctor because its late rightnow

I cant sleep because I'm worried of dying in my sleep

please help I cant die I have to take care of my parents
>>
how long ago did you drink all this? 8 hours ago?
>>
>>17673752
I started at 8 and finished the last bottle by 9:30 or 10:00
>>
>>17673757
that tells me nothing except that you drank a lot in a short period. I don't know whether you mean AM or PM and I don't know what time zone you are in.
>>
>>17673772
I live in us and yes pm
>>
>>17673774
ok so it's been almost a full day and you're still alive. I seriously doubt you are going to die. alcohol doesn't take that long to enter your system. if you had alcohol poisoning you'd probably already be dead.

your increased pulse could be due to dehydration. have you had any water to drink today?

what other symptoms are you having?
>>
>>17673782
I've had an icy and 3 or 4 bottles of water

I was feeling light headed and there was a weird feeling in my chest
>>
>>17673790
also I was shaking a little
>>
>>17673790
>weird feeling in my chest
could be from the increased heart rate, or you could be having palpitations or something. or could be your stomach or esophagus being irritated from all the booze. I've had some indigestion that felt like it was right next to my heart. scary feeling but ultimately harmless.

OP here is what I would do if it were me. I would find someone to stay with me overnight. I would also call some kind of nurse helpline. maybe there is one through your health insurance, or maybe your local hospital or clinic has one. there might be state and national ones too. if you can't find one, just call your hospital. you can also call your local poison control center. what you're trying to get is someone who can tell you if your symptoms warrant going to the ER or not.

if they say you should maybe go to the ER, go immediately.
>>
>>17673736
Shit like this happened to me almost every time I drank for the last two or so years, with it coming on more easily and with less drinks as time went on.

Welcome to my world.

I have what you're going through even after 1 fucking beer, a Budweiser, if I drink now; so I quit.

I dunno what causes it, but it doesn't sound like a life threatening alcohol withdrawal, in spite of how scary it is, and how ridiculously anxious you are right now. I know EXACTLY what youre going through. You will be fine. Drink a lot of water, and maybe even a beer or two to help your system with the shock of going from lots of alcohol to suddenly none.

I recommend you do what I'm planning to do, and go to a doctor sometime to tell them about this adverse reaction, and see if I can get a blood test done to see if it's fucked up liver enzymes or something.

Either way, as fucking terrified as you are, you will be alright within another day or two. You obviously haven't had enough to kill you, and I assume you don't drink the large constant quantities over time that it takes to trigger a dangerous withdrawal.

You got this, lay on your back with an icepack between your shoulder blades (it helps me a lot), and watch your favorite TV shows, and kill time on the internet with your phone... distract the fuck out of yourself.
>>
i got that too when i decided to quit. really scary heart palpitations/anxiety attacks.

it is scary but you're not going to die.
>>
>>17673847
I'm the guy that posted above you. Did you ever find out what causes that? I've quit as well (except a sip or two of craft beer every couple weeks), but I really want to know what causes it.

Not even that I'm jonesin' to drink again, just a strong desire to know if there's something fucky going on.
>>
>>17673736
learn from this and dont do it again
>>
>>17673736
Switch from alcohol to marijuana

Marijuana feels better and is not deadly.
>>
>>17673736
Electrolytes you retard. Drink some gatorade or eat a banana
>>
>>17673858
idk man. i thought it might have been withdrawals in my case but it kept up as time went on so i dont think thats what it was.

i think end of the day i was drinking to self medicate for anxiety so then i thought maybe i reached a breaking point with that and it all came out at once, but really dont know. it was definitely a wake up call to stop though
>>
I'm an EMT, my job is to tell if someone is actually going to die in the next few minutes.

Tachycardia (fast heart rate) is not really dangerous on its own (barring extreme examples). If you were having trouble breathing, that would be more cause to worry. But from the sound of it, no, you're not gonna die. If you start having chest pains, trouble breathing, onset of weakness, anything like that you should consider seeing the ER. It sounds like you're just hungover and kinda sick, though.
>>
>>17673880
>was definitely a wake up call to stop though

Same here.

I'd drink a six pack at a party or something and have fun; wake up the next morning with what OP is dealing with; go to the liquor store to buy another six pack; slam two beers immediately to kill the anxiety and get a slight buzz; drink the other four slowly through the day until bed; then finally two days after me drinking, I'll feel mostly like myself again.

Fuck that, I quit.
>>
>>17673928

Your liver is going to be destroyed in a couple of years, quit now while you still have a decent liver to work with.
>>
>>17673934
I'd end up drinking twelve beers a week (I don't like liquor), so I hardly think that'll kill my liver when it's considered medically fine for a man to consume two to three units (about a regular strength beer) a day, equalling 14-21 a week.

Any way, like I said, I've effectively quit. I just have a few sips of beer every couple weeks for the last few months. I only still do that because I'm one of those craft beer snobs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.