[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn how to fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Russian-Fist-Fighting.jpg (376KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Russian-Fist-Fighting.jpg
376KB, 2000x1333px
What's the best way?
>>
>>17673344
Martial Arts are a meme. The best fighters are molded from experience
>>
>>17673344
fighting
>>
>>17673363
Don't listen to this guy.

Depends on your objectives. Getting out of shit (Knives pulled, etc) alive by any means nessecary? Krav Maga, if you're lucky enough not to find a shitty teacher.

Just getting out of brawls well enough while not playing 'cheap'? Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Classical Boxing (No kicks tho.)

MMA could be nice but going down to the ground when there's a chance for more than one opponent is suicide
>>
Buy a katana
>>
>>17673363
>>17673378
where then
>>
>>17673363
more or less correct until you become a master, for many martial arts. All the kids in school who wasted their time on karate or tae kwon have been conned.

if you're going to go to a class, you ought to go for kickboxing or something that will allow you to develop your striking power. Muay Thai isn't a bad idea. Learning a few grappling skills isn't a bad idea either. If a club doesn't do sparring, you aren't going to be even halfway as conditioned for a street fight as you ought to be, and even then a real street fight is going to be a lot different from two fighters using the same form in a dojo.

Learn how to hit hard and how to do footwork. If you have the basics of these two things, you can just go from there.
>>
>>17673344
Join the military. Its the most effective/comprehensive way, especially if you go special forces.

That or just join a Muay Thai/MMA group
>>
>>17673344
Go find a martial arts academy near you that sounds interesting and take a free class. If its complete bullshit you should be able to tell pretty quickly.
>>
>>17673379

I've looked at krav maga, i think it might be a good place to start

>>17673389

Kickboxing or boxing would also be good but yeah, might start off with krav maga because I've never done any fighting before and that might be a good basis

Or I could just take the plunge with a boxing class

Krav maga does look like a good introduction to fighting though. Looks like it's more realistic to street fighting than boxing is
>>
>>17673464
Krav maga is aikido level bullshit. If you want to learn applicable skills from a martial art, make sure it has some type of sparring, preferably full contact. MMA, bjj, muay thai, boxing, judo and wrestling are what you should look for. Maybe karate or kung fu if you could find a legit place, but the majority of those are McDojo scams.
Take krab maga if you want to waste your money, not even get a good workout or learn any applicable skills.
>>
>>17673478

Hm alright.

Well I saw a free class for krav maga so i might check it out

But you might be right. I used to do judo a long time ago, I could get back into that, but yes something with striking would be good
>>
>>17673497
Take the free class, just keep your skeptic glasses on and gague what kind of instructor/academy it is. Striking or grappling are good and will both give you confidence. They say 90% of streetfights end up on the ground anyways.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.