[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tattoos and Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: htngaf.jpg (103KB, 762x719px) Image search: [Google]
htngaf.jpg
103KB, 762x719px
I'm looking at getting a few tattoos over the next few months. I want to get one from my upper arm to my elbow which could be covered by a t shirt but the other I want to get on the inside of my forearm. I've heard employers are more lax on tattoos now days, has this been anyone's experience or is it still safe to get them where people won't see them?
>>
>I've heard employers are more lax on tattoos now days
Sure, if you only ever want to work in a bar for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17673175
That's valid. I'm a professional so I'll keep the tattoo's hidden. It's difficult because I see so many guys covered in them but also I imagine most of those guys have mcjobs
>>
>>17673172
Get them where they are covered by clothing everywhere but the beach. Have you wanted to get a tattoo your entire life? Then go for it. Otherwise, you will probably regret getting it at some point. You don't know what kind of a person you will be in 20 years, and chances are you will be so different that you think the tattoo is stupid by then.

For example I've loved video games and Pokemon pretty much my entire life. Now at 25 I suddenly find I don't give a flying fuck about them anymore, as I've finally gotten good enough at the game of life that reality is a more interesting game than anything on a computer. I'd be irritated with myself if I had a tattoo representing one of these things that I'd literally loved my entire life up to one year ago. Imagine if you got a tattoo of something you cared about when you were a teenager. Wouldn't you be ashamed of that now? Also hepatitis is a thing, a life destroying awful thing that an irresponsible tattoo artist can give you.

Give it a lot of thought. I'm not saying all tattoos are a bad idea, but a whole lot of them are. Make sure this is something you really want, and always will.
>>
>>17673217
Nice photoshopped picture
>>
>>17673220
Searched "stupid pokemon tattoos" and the results were mostly really cool looking tattoos that would have been bad at getting my point across.

Sorry you were offended.
>>
I really don't get the point of tattoos. I have never seen a tattoo that I thought looked better than just having clean skin.
Also it probably becomes fairly boring to you in few years like a birth mark which you just know is there but doesn't really create any feelings
>>
I guess it's true, I've seen people with tattoos in obvious places working in the most corporate of companies. And in positions that require a lot of contact with clients.

Still, the fact that a tattoo will lower your chances of landing a job still remain (well if it's not hidden). So yeah, if you want to be a degenerate just get tattoos in places that can be easily covered. Don't get anything big or eye-catching or you'll regret it in a few years. You'll most likely regret it anyways.
>>
It's really hard to say because it varies so much from employer to employer. I work in insurance at a conservative and traditional company in a conservative and traditional region. With that, a lot of the guys have sleeve tattoos and they deal with customers face-to-face a lot. Consider where you live and your city's general disposition towards tattoos.

Honestly though, I'd still rather play it safe and get one that's easy to hide.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.