[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, what do you want out of life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

File: 27589194761785.jpg (70KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
27589194761785.jpg
70KB, 539x960px
Realistically, what do you want out of life?
>>
>>17672922
Have a harem of girls.
>>
Self-realization and lots, lots of steamy sex.
>>
>>17672922
Take over the world.
But I can settle for being a famous writer.
>>
to be a self-sustaining NEET
>>
>>17672922
have a job i love doing, time to do my hobbies, time to meet friends and time just for me

i don't ask for much out of this life, and the stuff i ask is stuff only i can answer.
the way to the answers is the real journey, the personal journey to finding yourself
my biggest goal would be someday releasing a solid track to help others through their life with my music.
i'm still far from "decent" but my legacy should be just one song people can listen to and really feel the emotion.
>>
>>17672922
be happy
>>
>>17672922
Simplicity, wholeness, and happiness, and steadiness.

If I could snap my fingers and be 15 years in the future, living a quiet life raising a family with a steady career, I would do it in an instant.
>>
To put my penis on as many vaginas as possible.
>>
Happiness and purpose.
If I die, lots of the stray animals I care for may die.
Animals bring me happiness.
That gets me out of bed every morn.
>>
File: sharingan.png (79KB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
sharingan.png
79KB, 500x215px
>>17672922
Destroy reality
>>
>>17672922

Nuclear war.
>>
>>17672922
enough money to enjoy myself, some love, some adventure, and a place to be really comfortable
>>
>>17672922>>17672922
A Lot of pussy. Licking, fucking, ect.
>>
>>17672929
>>17672931
>>17672938
>>17672953
>>17673140
>>17673245
>>17673250
>realistically
as for me, I want to know what love is
>>
>>17672922
>out of life
Pretty much.
>>
File: 20161015_195525.jpg (309KB, 683x677px) Image search: [Google]
20161015_195525.jpg
309KB, 683x677px
i dont want anything desu
>>
>I want a smaller dick.
>>
>>17672922
To find a decent job after graduating and move into a 2 or even 3 bedroom next year that is modestly priced. To be able to buy a small home sometime in the next 5 years. Get married.
>>
Peace from this terrible existence.

Whether that means a home, stable income with a wife and kids... Russia to blow the fuck out of us tomorrow or just simply death.

Life has never given me a break.
Peace please
>>
>>17673279
Sleeping with as many women 'as possible' (emphasis here) is pretty realistic. Maybe the possible number is 5 or 6 tops.
>>
>>17672922
No idea. The idea of working for others just to survive is painful and I can't think of a single reason working would ever be enjoyable. I think of everything I need to do just to get anywhere while somebody can play a video game for hours a day and instantly earn thousands.

I can't imagine myself settling down with a family, I just want to be alone where I can do what I want. I want everyone who knows me now to just forget me so I can stop being bothered.

The only thing that makes me happy is looking forward to the next meal.

Unrealistically, I just want a reboot on my life.
>>
>>17672922
To live in a motherfucking castle.
>>
To love someone who kicks ass, and kick ass with someone I love.
>>
Ten billion dollars and immortality
>>
Be the 10th avatar to end what the 9th couldnt out of pure innocence. As savitri devi said, the 10th shall not forgive not even one of them
>>
>>17672922
An out
>>
I have absolutely no idea
>>
I want to own a bar
>>
I want someone to share my joy with, who I can share my heart with. I want to let life bloom.
>>
I want a feeling of peace. Pure comfort. That my time wasn't a waste, but that I didn't discard my humanity and hope for something stupid.

I'd love to create something memorable. Words that will be written and thought of, maybe - but it's more intangible than that.

I'm gonna be honest though, I'm done. I've done what I realistically want to do, for the most part, unless you put on cheat codes and give me infinite money to travel forever with no job. I hate what I do for a living, I've always hated my job, and I wake up every day angry for squandering my potential despite doing shit that people think is amazing and special.

I'm operating at 50% and getting people to praise me for it. It's miserable.
>>
>>17672922
What is reality really?
>>
idk, I'm mainly just trying to get by until I can go back to not existing. I was really enjoying that for the past 13 billion years until I was so RUDELY interrupted by my parents. My philosophy is to spend this life trying to make things a little better, rather than a little worse, for everyone else who had existence forced upon them too. I work as an EMT and I do feel that I can hold my head high and know that I've actually helped some people.

Did this come out sounding edgier than I meant it to?
>>
I want to create the dream project I've been thinking about for a couple years, and I want true, honest to god friendship.

Both of those things are a little much to ask for now a days it seems.
>>
File: Mars in Babylon 5_1.jpg (65KB, 994x576px) Image search: [Google]
Mars in Babylon 5_1.jpg
65KB, 994x576px
>to have a large family with at least 4 kids
>to make a substantial positive impact through my career
>to retire off planet
>>
>>17672922
I want to wake up
>>
File: htrth.jpg (17KB, 480x360px)
htrth.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>17672922
Realistically:

- A 1 or 2 room apartment in an area that isn't crime-ridden and near to a train station, so I can reach places.

- A job that doesn't suck out my soul and allows me to pay rent, healthy food, insurance, medicinal care, and to put a little aside each month for my old age.

- Stay healthy and hopefully find peace with myself.

Unrealistically:
- In addition to everything listed above, a female that engages in a meaningful relationship with me and that shares similar values and views with me, and wants to grow together with me and takes care of me, just as I do for her. She should be sexually attractive to me as well.

None of these things will ever happen.
>>
>>17672922
To know what it's like to love someone and have them love you back (Either I've been in love with them, or they've been in love with me, but never mutual)

Have a career I enjoy with time to travel a few times a year.
>>
I want to feel fulfilled, mostly.

Whether it is with helping people, doing immense work and looking back at a great result, discovering new things and experiences, and to step outside one's comfort zone every once in a while. I want to feel loved and trusted by one special person, who I hope to be my companion for life.

But I've already given up on the one true love thing. I guess I'll have to experience more.
>>
File: 1476497573642.jpg (118KB, 1200x675px)
1476497573642.jpg
118KB, 1200x675px
>>17672922
I'd like to hold a girls hand once, maybe even enter into a relationship and have sex with a woman before I die.
>>
>>17672922
-To marry my girlfriend of 5 years, and spend the rest of my life with her
-To own a reasonably sized house that the two of us can clean and maintain easily, with a small man-cave (or whatever you'd call it if we both hang out in it) of sorts for us to tinker/play videogames/smoke/drink
-To have a stable engineering job, and make enough money to live comfortably and save money away
-To have my weekends and evenings to spend as I please, with my girlfriend or pursuing hobbies
-To own and maintain a classic car, a classic motorcycle, our daily driver cars, a small motorhome, and an assortment of firearms

Those are the only things I've ever wanted, and I think about nearly all of them every day. I'm doing everything I can to make sure my life ends up this way. I don't think it's too terribly much to hope for.
>>
To be happy and content with life, no matter what current situation I'm in, whether it be good or bad, and just endure.

Just pure, uninhibited optimism.
>>
>>17672922
A sense of meaning, wholeness and control over my own life.

Now the boring version:
>nice paying job I enjoy
>know what love is
>have someone to love who loves me back
>total independence with as little trouble, work and burnout as possible

And the short version:
>happiness

And pic related is the point where I am at right now.
>>
>>17672922
To major history and find a solid job in that field.
>>
I want to be born again to be someone really gifted. To either be the top 5% of female population or the top 1% of male population. Otherwise it's not worth living.
>>
>>17674573
you shouldn't aim for sex, never
>>
A relationship with the girl I have a crush on, or death.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-18-05-49-38.png (884KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-18-05-49-38.png
884KB, 540x960px
I want power and to ultimately use it to relieve the pain from my self, my community, my state, and the world if fate decides.
>>
I always just wanted a carefree life, and now I have it. Hope you achieve too anons.
>>
>>17675692
>if fate decides.
OP said realistically.
>>
>>17675713
You know that guy from the debate, Ken Bone, that people suddenly give a shit about? Did he choose that? No, he was chosen.

You can be chosen too, anon.
>>
>>17675726
Dude stop playing Kingdom Hearts and go outside.
>>
>>17672922
Someone to connect with. Perhaps a girlfriend or boyfriend. Also a Shiba inu because they're awesome.
>>
>>17672922
To be left alone by my family but try to find someone to care about me.
>>
>>17675761
I felt that way a long time too dude. My family are back in Ireland while I'm at uni in England. Feels good to be independent. You'll get there soon enough. Just be patient. As for the someone to care for you, my post is the one above yours. Nuff said there really.
>>
Nothing.

I'm not an edge-lord and I'm oppen to suggestions on how to want things.
>>
>>17672922
Move somewhere where I can come out of the closet and be myself.
>>
Just nice job I like to do and good social life(friends and a gf). I don't really care about having much money. I could live in a shit apartment with little money to spend on anything but food and bills as long as I can do something I love/like and have good friends and a partner to be with.
>>
>>17672922
-Have some big work-related success at least once
-Have a happy long-term relationship (doesn't have to last forever though)
-Tresure many great memories

Life can change within the blink of an eye (for the better or the worse), so I don't have big dreams or aspiratoins.
Setting goals too high makes you fall harder to the ground. Never reaching out for your dreams makes you disappointed with life, though.
>>
Fight monsters and do epic battle

tfw severely autistic
>>
>>17672922
a house in a rural area
thats the only absolute must-have for me, details will be worked out as i go. itd be nice to find a decent (emphasis on that part) woman to share it with, but im not holding my breath on that one
>>
>>17672922
money and grass
>>
>>17672922
It's a tough question because sometimes we don't know what we want.

It could be something we think we wanted, but it may not live up to expectations or not be what we really wanted.
>>
A house in the country side. A job as a family doctor. A big dog. A cute kid. Him writing all day in his office.
>>
>>17672922
I want to be a successful freelance [passive money-obtainer]. I just want to travel around with my girlfriend, learn new languages, experience culture shock. So, I started studying web development.
>>
>>17672922
i want to know what i want out of my life.
>>
>>17674457
I don"t think you ask for this, you build it.

>>17675865
That's rather interesting. I think you have to try a lot of stuff, to get a glimpse of alittle of everything and see if you something interests you more.

>>17674414
Somehow, can relate to that. Watch out for the imporstor syndrom. What do you do ?
>>
A purpose.
>>
>>17675975
upboat
>>
>>17672922

I just want money, enough money to do whatever I want for the rest of my life.
>>
>>17675967
Well, that's something lot of people told me to do, but far away of being edgy, I always reply the same, which is that how can I try enjoying things if I feel myself forcing to test them?
>>
I want to become a surgeon. It's proof to myself and others that I'm a competent individual capable of enduring hardships. Additionally, I'd be working a job that is important and does good to society so it'd have a fulfilling aspect to it. The money is there, certainly, but it's by no means the motivation behind becoming a surgeon. If money were my concern there's far easier degrees I could go for.

The thing is, I'm a high school drop out and the time that I did spend in school was more or less wasted. I came from a family that didn't exactly encourage academic success. I originally the youngest in my family (had a half-sister born some years later) and as a result I was spoiled and coddled by my family and was never really conditioned to be an especially hardworker, hence my lack of academic success and eventual withdraw from school.

I eventually got my GED, went back to college, but even my time at college I felt like I wasn't fully applying myself. I have lot's of goals in addition to the surgeon goal. Mosly involving betterment of my life as far as getting in shape, being more worldy, traveled, well read. I'd like to speak a few foreign languages. Play instruments. Improved social skills. Just a generally more well versed and educated person in terms of general life experience.

I have a goal to become an EMT and work as an EMT while getting my bachelor's in...something. Likely pre-med then going onto med school. I feel working as an EMT will help my chances of getting into med school. You obviously need the grades and the MCAT scores to qualify, but they also look at experience in health care. This is where most people shadow physicians, do volunteer work, etc. I plan to do all those things in addition to getting actual field experience as an EMT in hopes to pad my resume to look better for med school applications.

1/2
>>
>>17676028
2/2

At times, I feel that I've wasted an immense amount of time. I'm 23 now. 24 in December. I dropped out when I was 17. Pretty much wallowed in self pity and lived as a NEET for a year and a half. Finally got my drivers license and first job when I was about 19 and went back to school. At school as I mentioned before, I did perform especially well. With a combination of family drama, car trouble and general financial crisis I managed to tank my GPA and go into academic probation.

I also have some health issues concerning my foot. I just got a surgery done on my foot to help with a flexibility issue. This issue kind of inhibited me from carrying out my goal to become an EMT/get in shape. While there's no official or explicit physical requirement to become an EMT, I feel it's implied that you should be in good shape, considering the lifting and bending in precarious places you're expected to do.

I wasn't able to do my exercises at the gym correctly as a result of the flexibility issue, and a lot of the weight was being put off balance or on my back. So to prevent back injury I stopped working out and got this surgery done. My hope is that once my recovery is over, I'll be able to start working out and eating again and get in shape by the time my EMT certification is obtained and finally start to get back on track.

Huge wall of text no one cares about, I know, but fuck it, I'm holed up in my room for the next few weeks with nothing better to do so I might as well vent
>>
Buy a yacht and learn to sail.
>>
>I want you
>>
>>17676028
>>17676047
A huge wall indeed that could be summed up more economically, but you seem like a decent guy with good goals.

>for the next few weeks with nothing better to do
Perhaps reading sum books or starting to learn of the the foreign languages yo.
>>
>>17672922
Happiness and security.
>>
Complete living my life, and die without regret :(
>>
File: best meme.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
best meme.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>17672922
I never wanna die
>>
Not much. I strive for independence, so I'm working on building a skill set that will allow that. I'd like to date someone, but I can't tell if I'm being too picky, though I don't want to just date anyone for the sake of it. I'm trying to find hobbies that appeal to my nature, because I'm really dissatisfied with ignoring it.

Other than that I'm pretty happy I suppose
>>
>>17672922
For everyone to realize their importance to our soil.
>>
good woman
enough money
good food and drink
time with friends and family
time to pursue interests
>>
To love and be loved.

>Realistically
Oh wait. Uh, fuck I dunno to travel?
>>
>>17672922
I want a 70's BMW. My dad says that's pretty realistic once I get a job but it's gonna take me forever ugh.
I don't want anything else, life is shit, what's to like about it? Everything feels meh. I like cars and music, that's it.
>>
>>17674556
it's like i posted this myself
>>
>>17672922
A better job would be nice. No idea how to make it happen, though.
>>
I want to raise a family and have a steady and satisfying job with enough spare time that I can work on side projects and properly parent children.
>>
To help anyone going through what I have and for that knowledge yo cycle and spread onto others outside of my life time. To make art that will make people smIle.
>>
A job I can enjoy underachieving at while I make decent enough money to live on my own with 6 months living expenses banked at all times while also having cash to blow on drugs/cool possessions.

Maybe a savings account or some property I can rent out.

Enough free time to get fit so that I can fuck with cute girls when my schedule allows and most of all to be done with school. I can't fucking stand still being in post-secondary education atm because taking 8 college level courses at once is infuriating.

Truth be told I feel like I'm cheating my way through but so long as I can get a job out of it I will be a-Ok.
>>
>>17672922
I want some of that pizza in her box. I would totally eat that.
>>
>>17672922
the same relaxed state of mind i had as a kid

not having to work, or generally do shit i don't want to do
>>
I want to be unbothered, have as much free time as I want, find peace. I think that's my way to happiness.
>>
I want to ride my bicycle
>>
Live longer than 100 years, that's for damn sure. With a body that is capable of functioning and doing things for those extended years. I don't know if I want to live ~forever~, but I at least want the choice of when I go, whether it's 120 years or 400 years.

Other than that, create stuff, be loved by countless fans, eat good food, wear nice clothes, live in my dream house, and have a lot of great sex.
>>
>>17672922
I just want to live quietly
>>
Realistically, OP? Money. But for myself. That's really all I want. Eventually I'll have enough to be happy.
>>
>>17672922
Riches, bitches and britches.
>>
File: yeah ok great.gif (4MB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
yeah ok great.gif
4MB, 300x298px
>>17672922
To cum in a girl balls deep with no condom instead of being a virgin
>>
>>17672922
Peace on earth for all mankind and ten million dollars tax free for me.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.