[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking raccoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20161015_134727.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20161015_134727.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
I got bit by a domesticated raccoon last night after I tried to grab it after it almost got out of my friends house.

Its an indoor raccoon but I doubt my friend has taken it to the vet recently. Probably like 3 years ago he did

What are my chances of having rabbies?

How much does a rabbies shot cost? I don't have health insurance
>>
Go to the hospital right fucking now
>>
>>17672383
>indoor raccoon
So your friend keeps it as a pet?

If it's inside all the time (so, not in a position to contract rabies from another animal), has had rabies shots at some point, and hasn't been acting strange lately, you're probably safe. Rabies doesn't just happen spontaneously, an animal needs to get it from something. If you're really worried, get the shots, because it's not something that you should take chances with, but your chances of not having it are pretty good since a pet bit you.
>>
>>17672393
Even then, animal saliva is pretty nasty and he should get a tetanus shot.
>>
>>17672393

I would be less worried about rabies and more worried about the myriad of other infections that Raccoons routinely transmit.
>>
>>17672400
>>17672403
I'm with you guys about that, but apparently we're talking about a pet raccoon that's kept inside most of the time. That means it's not going to be as dirty and disease-ridden as a wild animal. It shouldn't be much different than a bite from a cat or another pet.

Of course, getting shots for tetanus and rabies would be best, but OP shouldn't think he's about to die or anything like that.
>>
>>17672393
>So your friend keeps it as a pet?

Yea. He has had it sense it was a little guy. Never goes outside and hasn't been acting strangly or aggressive. It only bit me because I grabbed it by the leg to try to stop It from running out the storm door and probably scared or hurt him.

He's never bitten anyone in the past
>>
>>17672409
I'd still be wary of not checking it out. But then my country has free healthcare so I'm not sure how much this would cost op.
>>
>domesticated raccoon
t. White People
>>
>>17672383
rabbies WTF LOL
>>
>>17672474
>robbing and burning down their own neighborhoods

t. black people
>>
You dont just get rabies shots. Those are fucking killer and they dont give those out unless you cant produce the animal.

Assuming the coon is still in the house, it would be required to be quarantined for about a week or so.
>>
Rabies shots are very expensive, I had to get some recently. They're something like $360 per shot in the US, and you need four of them for post-exposure, as well as a couple other shots.

But if there is any doubt, you need to get it. Rabies is 100% fatal once symptoms appear. You need to find out of the raccoon has been vaccinated.

If not, either you need to get the shots or the owner has to put the animal in quarantine to look for signs of it.
>>
>>17672383

Take no chances, rabies is a serious disease. Go to a doctor right now.
>>
>>17672519
To get them, you can just go to the emergency room and say you've been bitten. You should act fast, because rabies is a ticking time bomb. If you have it, it will incubate for a couple weeks and then migrate to the brain. Once it reaches the brain, it's game over.

Rabies vaccines used to be excruciatingly painful, but they've gotten better recently. When I had them (I was also bitten in the finger), the most painful shots were the other ones that had to be put right next to the bite wound. The rabies shots themselves weren't bad. They go into your butt, which kinda sucks, but it's better than the old ones, which were massive needles that went into the stomach.
>>
>>17672504
>>17672474
I missed the train on this t. shit. What does it mean?
>>
>>17673364
It's a shortened swedish word that means "regards", usually put at the end of a letter or email.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.