[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanting to Move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 0fa.jpg (337KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
0fa.jpg
337KB, 3264x2448px
Hi, /adv/. I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately, and I've realized to myself that I really do have dreams and ambitions. One of those dreams is to live in New England. Somewhere like New Hampshire or Maine is what I was thinking.

About me: I'm 25 and have lived in Minnesota my whole life, and I only have one year of college education under my belt. My job experience is mostly labor type positions, with my latest job as a DSP (Direct Support Professional). I don't know anyone outside of my own state and Wisconsin, so I wouldn't exactly have any support or a couch to sleep on until my feet are on the ground.

Well, what do I do to make this possible sooner than later? I don't feel like I'm meant to live in the Midwest my whole life, and I want a change, and to experience more from life. Any ideas and advice is appreciated.

Thank you.
>>
>>17672251
Hey I'm in MN and I'm 25 too. I've been all over the US, though. Is there anything in particular you want to know about?
>>
>>17672251
Shameful self-bump.
>>
>>17672309
I really want to experience something different, not necessarily a new life, but something new in a new place. I'm drawn to New England for the rich history of the place, and it just flat out looks like a good place to live.

I'm just worried that I'd have no actual way to support myself out there, and I'd just be poor, miserable, and lonely.
>>
>>17672309
>I'm in MN and I'm 25 too.

Small world. What lead to your travels?
>>
>>17672310
I'm going to bump again because I need advice.
>>
>>17672251
I give up.
>>
NE is expensive and not a lot of jobs. Plenty of entry level minimum wage but you also gotta live. CT is shit. MA is somewhat better. NH and VT you can't just live in bumble fuck and have a high salary unless you're employed in one of their bigger towns or next state over. Maine same thing. You can make it sure, but it isn't rainbows and butterfly's. cost of living in CT compared to say FL or TN is night and day.
>>
>>17672559
I don't have to be rich, just able to live ok. To give context: I make about $12 hourly in MN, and with a roommate, you can do alright sharing a two bed one bath apartment. This isn't in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in MN, but not in the city center either.

I'm wondering if one can do about the same out there, given my disadvantage of not having a full college education.
>>
>>17672598
Do you wanna move in together in like alabama or something? Im 25 white male straight and usually stay on my computer and bring home fat girls on the weekends.
>>
>>17673215
Alabama? I dunno man, sounds rough. Lol. Why Alabama?
>>
>>17672251
Missouri fag here. Midwest is a fucking soul sucking hellhole reserved for middle age-elderly people to settle down in. It's never meant for the young with dreams.

I don't have much advice for you unfortunately, other than search for jobs where you want to be now, and don't make the full blown move until you got one. And of course, save save save. Cut your entertainment budget/disposable income in half, or completely for the time being. Just pile all that cash back so you can afford to move.

Otherwise just wanted to say you're not alone. However I dream even bigger of getting the fuck outta the country in general.
>>
>>17673347
What country do you want to live in?
>>
>>17673360
Idk, any 1st world country. I'll say for the record it's not that I necessarily hate America, or even think that any other (first world) country is any better or worse, but I want to experience more than just this one perspective. There are a lot of things I do heavily dislike in American culture though, but I also understand no culture is perfect.
I have particular interest in Japan, Britain, Germany, and Australia though.
>>
>>17673372
That's cool, and I totally get it. I actually want to live outside of the country one day as well, but I need to learn another language first...issue for me is I want to learn all the languages, and I have that interest in so much, that I can never really focus on one single thing at a time to do: I get overwhelmed, then do nothing.

I'd love to have a spell in Austria, Russia, Britain, New Zealand, India...it's so intimidating at the same time, that I fear I'll never leave Minneapolis, as much as it is a nice city.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.