[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General advice from an alright guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: aasas_original.png (759KB, 819x1126px) Image search: [Google]
aasas_original.png
759KB, 819x1126px
I'm bored, just got off of work, and will probably be wired and unable to sleep for the majority of the night.

So if you want some general advice from an alright guy with his own place and a solid job, feel free to ask away.
>>
>>17671059
Can you help me do a objective study of myself? I'm terrible with women and wondering if you can help me find why.
>>
>>17671098
Not sure if troll, but I'll bite.

So what aspects about interacting with women do you feel are really holding you back?
>>
HEY I'm in constant pain and my dreams are always nightmares. I just want to die. Do you think you replay the same life over and over for eternity? Or experience another being's life? Either would suck. Life sucks.
>>
>>17671107
I'm not a troll. I really don't know honestly. I go up, talk to them and they are just not interested.
>>
>>17671119
Don't give up, at all. Keep approaching and talking to people in general, not just women. Remember that every social interaction is practice.

Unless you're really doing something wrong, it's pretty hard to fuck up friendly conversation. Maintaining eye contact, speaking confidently, and squaring your posture are good starting points.

Do you find that you tend to run out of things to say and allow conversations to awkwardly drop off?
>>
>>17671142
I'm mean yea, but also girls like to throw in conversation stoppers. I feel like giving up honestly. I feel as though I'm not going to find anyone. Maybe it's because boring and uninteresting person or that I'm just plain werid.
>>
>>17671142
Also I'm 21 and going to college if that helps.
>>
>>17671158
So two things: the conversation "stoppers" are in there to test how you will respond. It's called a shit test. It's probably not something they're doing on purpose, but it's part of how people in general tend to size a person up.

If you're giving up at this point, you're giving up right when it starts to get kind of hard.

>Maybe it's because boring and uninteresting person or that I'm just plain weird.

This is a textbook example of imposter syndrome. The idea that you aren't able to find happiness, or a partner, or whatever, because you're an imposter in the real world, one who's too vapid or dumb to fit in with everyone else.

This kind of attitude will hold you back for your entire life if you allow it to be the basis of your decisions.

I suggest working on your small talk skills, and really find a way to wield your "weirdness" as a strength. Everyone is weird man, you never hear about normal boring people doing anything interesting.
>>
>>17671165
It paints a bit better of a picture
>>
>>17671059

Well, if you have anything to say on
>>>17671151

I'd appreciate the input.
>>
>>17671175
I really don't give up at the conservation stoppers. I try to keep pushing sometimes, but everytime I do, they seemed to be annoyed or just go on thier phones. I've tried being better at small talk. Sometimes I walk up to random people or girls just to practice or just strike up a conversation, doesn't end up to well.
>>
>>17671179
How so?
>>
>>17671214
*It hasn't ended up well yet.

It really is better sometimes to meet girls through existing social connections, cold opening is very hard. You shouldn't trying, because it is a good skill to develop, though.
>>
gf broke up with me last night

should i delete her on all social media?
>>
>>17671220
How do I develop the skill though? It seems I've tried everything and i never get better.
>>
>>17671222
Not OP but here's down advice.
Keep her on social media for say two weeks and allow you and her to have time to think and process if this is good for you. By then either you or her will act on this in someway that can help you decide if you should remove her your life in general or not.
>>
i am generally unhappy how do i be happy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.