[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No bf, guy friend wants to cuddle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: a0005.jpg (27KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
a0005.jpg
27KB, 300x277px
Hi /adv/

I'm a lonely girl with two problems, I suspect they are joined.
One, I haven't had a relationship since high school. I'm a college senior, and since I don't sleep around I have literally no bedroom experience. Whenever I like a guy, he always loses interest after a few dates.

Two, I'm having trouble setting boundaries with friends. This one friend of mine keeps asking to cuddle. He knows he's not my type, and I encourage him to date girls he thinks are cute, but at the end of the week I know he is lonely. I feel bad saying no when he asks to cuddle, but the idea of cuddling him is also really rubbing me against the fur.

I feel mean, not good enough to attract what I really want, and kind of like a failure of a girl. What should I do to be happier?
>>
Be confident that you don't need a dick inside of you to be an accomplished and well-respected individual, regardless of sex.
>>
>>17670919
What particularly makes him not your type?
>>
>>17670919
Drop some pounds.
>>
>>17670927
I'm actually catching mice right now! :) but it is hard not to feel sad when all my friends are having romantic success, and the people I wish to date do not feel the same way. I think it's a common sad feeling.

>>17670935
He is very, very, very passionate about academics and politics, even though he still does not know a lot on the topics. So I find it hard to connect with him. And when he is so excited about something, I get a bit exasperated. He is also quite young. It's okay for a friend, but I don't have any tender feelings for him.

>>17670937
I'm actually already on the slim side, but thanks anyway.
>>
Kick that cuddle buddy the fuck out of your apartment. Romantic success is hard. lol You're not the only struggling in that category.
>>
As you grow you'll learn life is always about lowering your expectations. You're no different than most of the guys on this website:

>I want a gf
>no one but chubby girls message me on dating sites

Well thats because that's the girls in YOUR league. And these guys who are into you, but you aren't into them, well i'm sorry girl but that's the league you're in. It's time to face reality and stop thinking you deserve some prince charming.
>>
>>17670962
Hm, yeah, I guess I would be ok with his requests if I didn't want a relationship somewhere else, but this does feel seedy and not good. Thanks, anon.

>>17671030
>league
I think the concept of leagues is stupid. I really disagree with you, here. Do you think a person, once realizing they are not completely stunning, will happily accept mediocrity?
I asked how I can improve my situation. Telling me I don't deserve prince charming isn't really helpful, just kind of mean.
>>
>>17671074
>telling me I dont deserve a prince charming is mean

Reality is mean, don't be so sensitive

>Dating someone who's not good looking
>mediocrity
If anything THATS mean, there's more to dating than looks IF thats what you're talking about, looks right? If you're talking about looks you're shallow and ultimately don't deserve anyone good (yet, untill you grow up and get over yourself)

If you mean find a genuinely good person/good fit, then just keep searching you'll find a good person if you're a good person.
>>
>>17671081

A person can be stunning in personality and lifestyle, too, and this is what I meant. Gravitism trumps looks.

In any case, I was asking for advice on how to better build relationships with people-- it's hard to figure out how to balance personal happiness with having my friends happy, too. Like, a lot of my guy friends have asked me to cuddle, and then gotten entirely too handsy. I don't like it. How should I handle requests like that. This is advice I would like.

I guess I just am not too fond of your thunderdome statement. Like, yes, I know I'm not good enough. But telling me that I just need to accept it and move on strikes me as both unkind and unhelpful for improvement. Of course I'll keep looking. I'd like to improve my search methods, too, see.
>>
>>17671126
Dont cuddling platonically because one party 90% of the time has different motives. Seeing as guys don't view cuddling in the same way as girls. So you're leading them on when you agree to cuddle. And if they are aware that it's platonically they're still imagining romance in their head and getting an artificial fix of it which will soon turn I to advances or frustration. So if you have no intentions on being romantically involved simply say no.
>>
>>17671143
Yes. Thank you very much, I'm going to make this a rule for myself from now on.
>>
>>17671184
Yeah it never turns out well. As for your other dilemma , just hit the gym and straight up tell yourself every single day that you're hot shit untill you believe it. That's what I did, and then boom i started dating girls and making real connections and opening up
>>
>>17670919
>Whenever I like a guy, he always loses interest after a few dates.

You dont risk and treat them just like friends. They dont get the vibe that you dig them. Guys look for signs not words so play with your hair, touch them casually. laugh at their lame jokes. But dont overdo this.

> I feel bad saying no when he asks to cuddle,

Dont be this kind of woman that says no when she thinks yes. Go for it. The worst that can happen is you will gain some experience with guys
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.